• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S4 |OT| Ghost Riders in the Skye - Tuesdays 10/9c

Vic_Viper

Yeah...the mainshow was barely surviving and they thought a spin-off would be green lit ? lol

I read that they were doing it to hopefully bring in more viewers for the main show lol. Apparently they thought at the time her and her ex were the best part of the main show and spinning them off would help if their spin off was a hit.

I'm sure it's already been discussed, but was there any ideas for what they were setting up at the end of the finale?

LotusHD

Banned
Bobbi and Hunter were cool and all, but never the best part lol

I'd sooner see a Daisy spinoff because at least she has cool powers, or one with Fitz and Jemma because... they're Fitz and Jemma.
Although that would kill AoS lol

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
And they were so confident it would be green lit they removed the characters from the show before any decision had been made.

Yeah I don't know why they didn't just keep them around until the finale at least. And write them out in a less contrived way in Season 4.

Bobbi and Hunter were cool and all, but never the best part lol

I'd sooner see a Daisy spinoff because at least she has cool powers, or one with Fitz and Jemma because... they're Fitz and Jemma.
Although that would kill AoS lol

Bobbi and Hunter works best with other characters and not with each other. Their relationship is the worst aspect of their characters.

I've always maintain that a Secret Warriors spinoff with Daisy would have been a better spinoff idea. They can also bring along the Koenigs. Maybe when they cancel AoS.

LotusHD

Banned
I've always maintain that a Secret Warriors spinoff with Daisy would have been a better spinoff idea. They can also bring along the Koenigs. Maybe when they cancel AoS.

I'm glad that never happened. I much prefer Daisy on here. That being said, it was a little disappointing that the whole Secret Warriors thing never really amounted to much last season.

But we did get Yo-Yo though, so all good!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the finale, Ghost Rider is so awesome, every time he's on screen I mark out. Hopefully they can find a way to make the CGI cheaper without losing the quality so we can get him more often.

Today was a good day. Gabriel Luna (Ghost Rider) had a last minute fan hangout at Forbidden Planet in London and the dude is great. Signing stuff, taking pics and just shooting the shit in general. He really knows his comics too.

Apologies if this has been shared already, but these look neat: https://www.behance.net/gallery/53685393/Marvel-Entertainment-for-Emmy-Magazine

73f67153685393.593db9c9477da.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm fully in support of Daisy replacing Danny in Defenders.

fucking preach

give AoS a final send off

roll up Jessica Jones, Luke Cage & Iron Fist to a Heroes of Hire show

spin off The Punisher into his own show

Daisy/Robbie Reyes get moved to their own Netflix show

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So I've been catching up with the season over the past few days after a huge break due to work. I'm not going to lie, I was close to dropping the show right away after the first couple of episodes (which is when I took a break), but all those raving threads about the season getting better dragged me back and I have to say they were spot on.

I just finished Laws of Inferno Dynamics and it's been pretty damn rad once past the slog of the first four episodes or so. Director Beefcake is great, Ghost Rider was quite probably the best TV MCU character this side of Frank Castle (and the effects were fantastic), there was this crazy SOB making Chinese bangers cough diamonds and somehow the writers managed to redeem Skyeskye, Yo-yo and Mack in one huge swoop. I actually like them now. Meanwhile, Iain De Caestecker continues to outact every other person in this show and even Coulson is less stiff. Also, Aida is making me feel things. Improper things.

8/10 will keep watching.

jon bones

So I've been catching up with the season over the past few days after a huge break due to work. I'm not going to lie, I was close to dropping the show right away after the first couple of episodes (which is when I took a break), but all those raving threads about the season getting better dragged me back and I have to say they were spot on.

I just finished Laws of Inferno Dynamics and it's been pretty damn rad once past the slog of the first four episodes or so. Director Beefcake is great, Ghost Rider was quite probably the best TV MCU character this side of Frank Castle (and the effects were fantastic), there was this crazy SOB making Chinese bangers cough diamonds and somehow the writers managed to redeem Skyeskye, Yo-yo and Mack in one huge swoop. I actually like them now. Meanwhile, Iain De Caestecker continues to outact every other person in this show and even Coulson is less stiff. Also, Aida is making me feel things. Improper things.

8/10 will keep watching.

ohh baby!

TheDanimal

Just finished watching seasons 1-3
And
Wow
Some of the writing in season 3 is absolute trash. There are just so many things that I noticed that made no sense, just to push the plot forward.
So glad they improved drastically for season 4.
Edit: Also the framework was foreshadowed in the first episode of season 4. Dang, they slipped that in right under our noses.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just finished watching seasons 1-3
And
Wow
Some of the writing in season 3 is absolute trash. There are just so many things that I noticed that made no sense, just to push the plot forward.
So glad they improved drastically for season 4.
Edit: Also the framework was foreshadowed in the first episode of season 4. Dang, they slipped that in right under our noses.

I also watched Season 1, 2, and 3 over the last month. Nibbling away at Season 4 now. There were a few beats in the back half of Season 2 that didn't work for me. But Season 3 as a whole felt off. Especially the humor, they dialed it way down. And the Lash stuff suuuuuuuuucccked. They ruined a perfectly good character for that? Yuck.

I knew about all the arcs that were going to happen in S4 and I appreciated the foreshadowing too.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So I'm still catching up and Fitz has:

-Stolen and kept the head of she-Ultron for himself because that's not morbid.
-Lied to Simmons about it.

My man is fucking up and he's going to get someone killed, isn't he?

Edit: omg @ this simulation. Double omg @ Aida grabbing May by her throat. That better not awake something in me.

Edit: omg @ this simulation. Double omg @ Aida grabbing May by her throat. That better not awake something in me.

KEEP WATCHING

LotusHD

Banned

#FitzDidNothingWrong

jon bones

I got my friend into the show, and he's binging it at an incredibly fast rate. He just finished what was arguably the best episode of the entire show, the finale of the LMD arc.

yeah that episode is fucking incredible

straight up john carpenter movie in the middle of the god damn MCU

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I got my friend into the show, and he's binging it at an incredibly fast rate. He just finished what was arguably the best episode of the entire show, the finale of the LMD arc.

I actually watched that episode tonight and it was indeed dope as hell. Pretty intense.

Episode 16 was pretty funny just for how Simmons was having NONE of the whole "Hydra aren't Nazis" thing. What a timely comment, especially with Secret Empire running right now.

Cuburt

https://vimeo.com/218486412

Here is a VFX montage for season 4.

Lots of good work. Unfortunately it doesn't go too in-depth with the BTS of most shots.

I was just watching Ghost Rider (2007) on TV and what a shitty movie that looks like in comparison. It seems like is was made in 1997 not 2007.

AoS definitely deserves the praise it got.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
https://vimeo.com/218486412

Here is a VFX montage for season 4.

Lots of good work. Unfortunately it doesn't go too in-depth with the BTS of most shots.

I was just watching Ghost Rider (2007) on TV and what a shitty movie that looks like in comparison. It seems like is was made in 1997 not 2007.

AoS definitely deserves the praise it got.

Awesome, thanks for posting this

I didn't realize in the scene with Mack unconsciously strapped into the Matrix that the water was CGI! Wow

Awesome, thanks for posting this

I didn't realize in the scene with Mack unconsciously strapped into the Matrix that the water was CGI! Wow

Same here. I mean it makes sense in hindsight, it's probably way too costly and complex to flood a set like this on a tv production but I didn't notice the water wasn't real. o_O

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
THIS DISCOUNT GRADE RUSSIAN BRAH FROM THE 100 JUST GOT REVERSE-MODOCK'D.

EVERYBODY WERE LMDS.

HAIL HYDRA.

Edit: guffaws @ Ward coming back from the dead just to troll Daisy and the two Lincoln Stan's out there. So damn mean. Give me all your bile, AoS.

jon bones

EVERYBODY WERE LMDS.

HAIL HYDRA.

Edit: guffaws @ Ward coming back from the dead just to troll Daisy and the two Lincoln Stan's out there. So damn mean. Give me all your bile, AoS.

welcome... to the framework

Grizzlyjin

EVERYBODY WERE LMDS.

HAIL HYDRA.

He's in everything! Dude must have a great agent.

Top Bottom