• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what is the worst game you've ever played?

For decades, Superman 64 has reigned as one of the most universally agreed upon worst games of all time. I was watching a YouTube video last night decrying it once more and it got me thinking about the worst game I've ever played.

For me, Iron Man on the PS3/Xbox 360 was, by far, the worst game I've ever played.

Sega hit a home run of shit with this title. It was almost miraculous how awful it played. Iron Man moved as if he was just wearing iron shoes, the controls were clunky as if you were using fists of iron and smashing the controller like a caveman, and the gameplay was non-existent. It appeared to be a third person shooter starring a beloved comic book superhero, but alas it was just a slow-speed torture device probably developed by a robot who hated mankind.

Even though I got the game for free, I wanted a refund for the hours spent slamming my head against an iron wall, I mean playing Iron Man.

Iron Man was one of the worst cash-grab licensed games I've had the misfortune of having to play and I never would have if not for reviewing it. In 2008, GameSpot actually gave it the "Worst Game Everyone Played" award and it has a MetaCritic score lower than Donald Trump's IQ. I worked in video game retail at the time and this is the only game I ever actively dissuaded customers from buying.

Check it out for yourself.

So GAF, what is the worst game you ever played?

Nokterian

brink-002.jpg

Well this one..sigh..

SheHateMe

Hydlide.

My young brain couldn't figure out how to proceed in that game, so I gave it multiple tries and then gave up years later.

Dark Castle for the Genesis is a very close second.

AEdouard

Witcher 3! Graphics downgrade man!

Ahem. Real worst game, probably some random NES game I rented without knowing any better as a kid.

Street Fighter 1, the godawful x8086 port for ibm compatibles from around 1990.

US GOLD/Titus stuff in general is normally a good call for worst game tbh.

Nezacant

Either Shadow the Hedgehog or Enter the Matrix.

And to think I loved them when I was a kid.

Oh man... Enter the Matix. I remember being the gunner in the car on one level... the AI couldn't drive and got stuck on something in the environment... I think I had to keep restarting the level and hope they AI could make it though... Man that game was terrible. Why did I like it so much as a kid?

AC_Frog

Tony Hawk: RIDE

Very expensive to buy in, unresponsive controls, and bugs everywhere. Even if you got proficient at the board, the game refused to let you be good at it as it dropped inputs and made you clip through that half pipe you were trying to go up.

Also the game ends with Tony Hawk kicking you out of his house.

Driving Emotion Type-S. I got 100% completion in the Japanese version solely because I read a review of the JP version calling the game impossible. I kinda just wanted to die by the time I was done with it.

Target Renegade for NES. Such a clunky and repetitive side scrolling beat em up. Visually bland too. I guess that's what I get for picking the cheapest game I could find.

bjork

Lover Boy (arcade)

it's a maze game kinda like pac-man, except
- no dots
- the ghosts are policemen instead
- you're a naked man with his wiener swinging as he runs
- you try and catch women who have word bubbles with "help" and "no" above them

when you catch them, it brings up a sex minigame and if you time it right, you can fill their love meter. So you basically avoid the cops as you rape women until they love you. That's fucked up.

Shizzlee

Sonic 06 gets my vote.

Another game I hate just as much if not even more is Sonic and the Black Knight, but I'm gonna guess that's just me.

ErMerGerd

Neo Member
I played Superman 64... so that. But I'll give a nod to Conflict: Denied Ops as well. The Conflict series deserved better than that shit

NismoTigerWVU

Neo Member
In terms of one that I actually a reasonable amount of time into, I'd say Friday the 13th on the NES. I remember using GG codes just to beat it and even as a kid I realized how BS the ending was.

It's probably not the worst but the one I recall being super miserable playing was Yakuza Dead Souls. Played it with a friend and it was just a shirt slog through that disjointed mess.

Woorloog

Banned
Gameplay-wise, Mass Effect 1 is certainly one of the worst games i've ever played. (Overall, it isn't bad. But thinking purely about the gameplay.... *shudders*)

Not sure i'd call it the worst though, but i cannot recall anything that stands out right now.

pbayne

ryan giggs socor on the snes

Can't remember if it was really bad though or if International Superstar Soccer just shit all over it in comparison.

Top Bottom