• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale (PS4/Vita) |OT| Sans Keyboard

TSAR

So hyped! I'm about to play this for the first time and am going in completely blind.

Anything I should know before I start?

It's too bad you can't put hidden images. Not spoilered ones, hidden ones.

But at least you can hide something in the OT that can be accessed by quoting!

Now what to do...

-Horizon-

Heard so many good things about this when it was on pc.
Might get it since I can actually play it now on something I have.

Anyone playing this for the first time is in for a treat.

So hyped! I'm about to play this for the first time and am going in completely blind.

Anything I should know before I start?

All you need to know is what the Steam store page tells you.

UNDERTALE! The RPG game where you don't have to destroy anyone.

ABOUT THIS GAME

Welcome to UNDERTALE. In this RPG, you control a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. Now you must find your way out... or stay trapped forever.

((Healthy Dog's Warning: Game contains imagery that may be harmful to players with photosensitive epilepsy or similar condition.))

features:
  • Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system.
  • Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters.
  • Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality.
  • Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor.
  • Created mostly by one person.
  • Become friends with all of the bosses!
  • At least 5 dogs.
  • You can date a skeleton.
  • Hmmm... now there are 6 dogs...?
  • Maybe you won't want to date the skeleton.
  • I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog.
  • If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me...? I'm not good at it.

I just pre-ordered this game. I have no idea about it (not even the memes) but I bought it because it looks like Earthbound and I'm looking to play something that's not as complex as a 3D game lol.

Perfect fucking title! Great OT!

I wish I could get hit in the head and gain some minor amnesia to play this with fresh eyes! So many of you are lucky! Enjoy!

I already bought the Collector's Edition and it'll get here in December. Dunno if I want to wait that long to actually play it though...so may just buy it digital as well. Decisions, decisions.

Already beaten it, but am totally jealous of everyone who gets to experience it for the first time!

Wadiwasi

Banned
I tend not to resonate with games that have this type of art style/play style, however there is just so much love for the game everywhere I turn. I took a chance on Persona 5, Yakuza 0, and Until Dawn because of GAF......and have greatly enjoyed all of them.

Guess I should give this game a legitimate shot.

Edit: Drats, apparently the physical editions do not come out until later this year. I really don't like having digital games.

Zebei

To anyone playing for the first time, reminder to not look at anything, and have fun!

like. . .seriously dont even read this thread. Leave. Go in blind to have maximum enjoyment.

I tested something out on PS4 and I'm pretty excited by the results.

Major spoiler, only read if you've played the whole game on PC:
I entered Gaster as my name, and the game full-on crashed! Error message, bug report submission, the whole thing.

Major spoilers, only read if you've played the whole game on PC:
I entered Gaster as my name, and the game full-on crashed! Error message, bug report submission, the whole thing.
Oh that is so cool!!!
Did it display a message of some sort when it crashed or just a generic one?

I'm surprised they'd allow that unless it's a spoofed screen.

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
As a pleasant surprise, it's up for Vita now too. I was expecting I'd have to wait until tomorrow after work to get it on my Vita.

DNAbro

I like how they changed 4 frog room.
It's a 5 frog room now.

and Toby said they didn't add any content.

Tagyhag

Great title! Can't wait to hear what first-timers think of the game. My personal GOTY of 2015.

Only game I've ever teared up on.

That's awesome to hear. I hope then that means that Toby somehow got around to doing the ending just like the PC version.

Syril

I can't really think of anything to say about the game itself that isn't a spoiler of some kind, so I figure I'll go a little tangential and post a link to Temmie Chang's cool thesis animation from a couple of years ago. Toby Fox also did the music for it, and there's a reference to it in Undertale.

Oh that is so cool!!!
Did it display a message of some sort when it crashed or just a generic one?
I'm surprised they'd allow that unless it's a spoofed screen.

Spoilers; Only posting the back half of the youtube link to prevent it from embedding on mobile
/watch?v=mgfzYhi24Gw again this is a spoiler lol (edit: and seemingly a false alarm! lol)

...Anyway, sorry; I don't mean to start off a new OT with spoilers, I was just excited to see a cool feature was retained.

Really excited to see impressions from new players!

john tv

I don't want to ruin your excitement but
that's not intentional. It'll be fixed in the next update along with a couple other minor bugs we found.

Thanks for buying/playing, BTW <3

Just learned this is cross buy. Goddamnit. Don't know whether to take my switch to work tomorrow with sonic or my vita with this....&#128553;

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
that's not intentional. It'll be fixed in the next update along with a couple other minor bugs we found.

Good to fix the bug and be aware of it, but in context the bug is a bit amusing.

Damn! It works so well :lol

Excited to dig in :D I need to remember to load this up on my Vita before heading to work in the morning.

Tagyhag

What in the world, that's a hell of a coincidence lol.

Although now I'm very curious about the ending.

Fat4all

Banned
Spoilers; Only posting the back half of the youtube link to prevent it from embedding on mobile
/watch?v=mgfzYhi24Gw again this is a spoiler lol

I can't believe Sony let him do it...

holy shit, that's fantastic

well darn

tenor.gif

PSqueak

Banned
I like how they changed 4 frog room.
It's a 5 frog room now.

and Toby said they didn't add any content.

Yup, it was obvious they would have to change it due to
No F4 key
but i didn't expect that addition, loved the flavor text for it.

I'm considering doing a replay so I have things fresh when I see what new people have to say. I love this game so so so much. It helps that Earthbound was my very first jRPG (still my favorite game genre) so the inspirations from that game strike a real chord with me.

Top Bottom