• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game you've held longest in your physical collection

What's the record for the longest surviving member of your physical game collection?
I've had YDKJ Vol. 2 since launch.(1996).

sjJYn0h.jpg

Ishmae1

Atari 2600 Combat and Adventure carts

Combat for being my first owned vdeo game
Adventure for being awesome and the first game with an Easter egg

Ive had Street Fighter Alpha 2(disc only) since 1998 or so.
I'm not emotionally attached to it or anything, I just doubt anyone would buy it from me.

Sushigod7

Zelda OOT N64 boxed version its a bit beat up but still have it. My parents sold all my NES and SNES collections over the years when we moved around a bunch.

TacosNSalsa

The King of Fighters 94 for the Neo Geo cart system ..I either got it the ending of 94 or the beginning of 95 . I hooked up the cart system a couple years ago and tried it with my friends for a few hours over some beers..

Koren

799e0d3e7256547450fe58649bfd5e78.jpg

I guess... since it's my first boxed video game (not on Apple but on Thomson). Though I wouldn't take bets on the floppy still working fine.

The oldest one I've tried recently is Burnin' Rubber on Gx4000 and Tetris on Gameboy (my first cart games)

Unless you count pong consoles / Game & Watch...

SpitfireKit

Neo Member
Zork and Zork II floppies with manuals.
Star Raiders for 800XL with original book.
Space Quest III in box with manuals and magazine.
:)

1upsuper

I've only gotten rid of maybe ten games over the years so I still have pretty much everything. Super Mario Bros. on the NES was the first game I ever owned and I've still got that cart.

Marker007

I still have my entire collection of SNES and Gameboy games from the early 90's. There's not much I've sold or lost over the years. I keep things tidy in plastic totes.

Shotpun

Terminator 2: Judgment Day and NHL 96 for Sega Megadrive 2. My first games, came with my first console Sega Megadrive 2. Had the games and the console since 1995 I guess. T2 was kinda crappy but NHL was awesome.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I don't have any of my NES games anymore since my brother traded them all in to Gamestop when we got the N64 for like, 5 bucks.

My oldest console game is probably Super Mario 64 and Star Fox 64 then, since I think we got both of those with the console.

I have a few PC CDs laying around somewhere. "Stay Tooned!" I got in 1996. I also have a few Jumpstart games from around that same time. I think I have a floppy for the Doom shareware somewhere too.

Top Bottom