• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmlk

That Kyle Face.

DDHfs4IV0AAW3vE.jpg

Kyle's face looks there like a sculpture of a Roman emperor.

I really dislike how inconsistent YouTube's watched videos functionality is. Given how much EZA content I watch alongside other things, mine always bugs out like crazy.

Hopping between phone, computer and tablet gets annoying because I'm always trying to figure out the stuff I've seen, where I was in a video and so on. I feel this is probably a fairly unique problem but man, coming back to a Fiasconauts episode and having to spend time trying to find where I left off because the timestamp synced wrong...

Damnit Google.

jett

D-Member
Huber putting in work in this GoW marathon. I played this game so many times when it came out... Twelve years ago. ;_; The oldness, it's palpable. Been a nice trip down memory lane.

Ultimadrago

so "not my opinion" = shit post?

I'm guessing your post may have come off more harsh than you intended. While I do like him, I've made comments on Damiani's presence that don't branch too far from your own. I'd just recommend to have a bit more tact about it (and I am not known for having the most tact in this thread). I don't necessarily think a critical post like that has to be married with feedback either, just a touch more respectful perhaps. The spoiler text also made the post rather dramatic.

Damiani has brought up on streams before how viewers have negatively responded to his lack of visible enthusiasm on some events/games and he responds saying that not everyone will react the same or treat things the same. Not everyone has to like this and I still post about his podcast presence now and again (because I believe in Damiani's articulation when it comes to his passions and would like him to share similar insight over more topics), there are just nicer ways to bring it up.

Bahorel

so "not my opinion" = shit post?

I think it's very strange to feel comfortable with insulting a person you watch exactly where you know they are going to read it, especially in the fan community thread. It's not a good look. It's not a critique to say "I don't like you," that's generally something people keep to themselves, or you know don't say in the exact space where that person will be.

And of course yt comments don't give a shit about this but I'd like to think gaf behaves better than yt

Ultimadrago

Finally got around to the podcast,

"GRABOO GRABOO". I actually Googled that afterwards to see if it was a reference. Haha

Mirroring others here, I really liked Damiani's response for the Love and Respect question about violence in games. I was especially interested in him pulling several series to compare/contrast moral dichotomy and seemingly simple actions taking on heavier consequences that a player would only risk in a video game. I hope to see more titles explore when the actions of a hero or player character negatively affect the view of NPCs or innocents more thoroughly as righteous destruction or political sway passively give weight. Good stuff.

Daggoth

Of all the Allies
Sophie
really has the least elaborate and least interesting opinions.
This has been in my head for a while. If I had ANY video editing skills whatsoever, I'd have put together a highlights reel of her, backed to Antonio Vivaldi / The Four Seasons / Spring 1st movement. Hell, I've even got the caption sorted out:

Yes, we know. The allies can be a divisive bunch.

Can't stand Kyle and his terrible opinions?
Your brain just can't handle how amazing Ian is?
Fed up with Damiani as he Niers the end of his latest let's play?

Despair not! There's at least one ally we can all love and rally around.

I'l do it any year now, I swear

Mikey Jr.

Did someone just pledge like a thousand bucks on Patreon?

Who are these people? EZA has I think one of the highest amounts per month versus actual patrons.

Ultimadrago

After the E3 Carpet Awards, I had to watch the latest Easy Update. Ian and Don make for such an interesting team.Track creation is very jolly.

Wiggy

I've noticed more and more patreons are hiding there total money per month. I wonder if eza will ever go this route? Maybe after they get a studio (if that ever happens)

Bahorel

Who are these people? EZA has I think one of the highest amounts per month versus actual patrons.

Oh right, I didn't even realize that graphtreon sorts by patrons and not by earnings. If you sort by earnings they are the number 3 top patreon (although it removes people who have their earnings hidden out of the equation)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

It definitely is among patreons I'm a part of it. 7 bucks on average per patreon with these many is pretty high engagement.
We're growing every month I still would love for them to maybe try to think of ways to make the 1 dollar tier more enticing by adding more incentives.
Maybe box peek is only partially free? 2-3 episodes anyone can watch rest is for 1 dollar patrons? Not sure, doesn't feel right though and kinda meaningless given that Kyle wanted to release them weekly after the group streams once there done.
When I look at the numbers of 5$ dollar patreons outweighing the 1$ dollar ones I feel like it's a very successful tier in providing enough value that people would pledge up if they financially can. Still thought the 7$ was a great idea and I believe it was part of the up-boost that came with the anniversary.

Wiggy

eza pod has like 9 sponsors now and trailer jones doesn't even have an episode yet and already has one. Frame Trap needs a Brand Manager to go out and grease some palms.

arkon

I liked the Love & Respect in the most recent podcast about the guy's parents getting into EZA while staying over at his place. It was a sweet story. One that is unfathomable for me. I could never imagine my parents being into EZA. They had a hard enough time getting over me being into games when I was younger.

Bahorel

Anyone know how much a sponsorship slot costs? I might be interested for something early next year.

$500 but they only allow a certain amount so far. They rotate offen though so if you express interest they could probably arrange for it. Currently they're maxed out at 9 sponsors on patreon

Saw the Wonder Woman Spoiler Mode after finally watching the movie. I was more bothered by some of the stuff such as heavy usage of slow-motion than Ian and Huber. But otherwise, I found myself pretty much agreeing with them across the board as to the rest of the movie.

Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom