• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

"Twelve what" loool
Because there is twelve Gods in FF XIV, they often say "by the Twelve!" (Currently watching Valentus's video)
People who didn't play it wouldn't understand so the previous name would be better I guess.

Edit : ahh using WoL when I said earlier that 6* WoL would have been perfect for this fight :lol

Lyrian

Ok, armchair strikers and quarterbacks (depending on which version of football you prefer), here's a scenario for you to debate over.

Assess the following screenshot:

GsAzTSE.png

Assume that your goal is to achieve 160 relics by the end of the week and are looking for the safest path to get there.

What do you do when faced with these three exploration options?

(Full disclosure: I've already acted on this scenario, but I'm curious how others of Exvius-GAF would assess this situation.)

robotuw

I take the top one. It's shorter than the last and has a better reward than the middle one. Though the real answer is I use the free refresh and stay away from missions harder than B tier or longer than 8 hours. At this point I've got 83 relics so I must be doing something right.

Alkez

Nah, it's a craftable weapon from the Raid. I'm having awful luck pulling her Moogles, so she is still at 11% (while Prompto's Moogle is already at 40% -___-). She has a shit load of ATK passives, that's why she is so powerful.

The good news is, I can already do the third level on my own, so farming the coins should be muuuuch easier now.

O damn. Imagine when you get hers and Cor's TM, she's going to be ridiculous for a new account. I finally got Sakura to 6* Lv.100. 405 magic. I need to get some more Rainbow Blooms to get Fina to 6* (should get them on my way to getting Golem).

Assume that your goal is to achieve 160 relics by the end of the week and are looking for the safest path to get there.

1. I send them off on options A or B.
  2. I see if the new option is better. If it's not I go to part 3. If it is I go to part 4.
  3. I refresh to see if I get better options. If there is I go to part 4. If there's not I leave as is.
  4. I recall the original quest and send them on the new better quest.

Failed another 90% expedition today lol so that's 3 90% fails in 2 days. Lovely. Honestly I doubt I will even try for the moogle every week. Probably go for the ticket and that's about it.

Xion86

Brave Exvius OT5: Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Not bad :p. I haven't got Hope in a very long time though, so been quite lucky haha,

Sigh, the crashes keep getting worse whenever I want to play on the iPad Air, mainly in Explorations and Arena. I just got in an infinite loop crash when Lakshmi dies, the animation after she dies crashes every time. Had to re do the fight on my phone to continue.

Hmm I've not seen an A rank mission in the Expedition yet, I'm guessing it means I need to do a few more...although I've been doing 8hr ones (rarely come across lower time ones).

Syntsui

Did another multi on this ATK banner and got a Balthier, everything went better than expected and there is even a good gun for him on the raid. I won't push my luck farther lmao.

tuffymon

you cant left it play alone because Maxwell's Destiny attack is 100% HP attack that cant be avoided.

Every 5 turns you must jump to avoid that.

Ohhhh, makes sense now >.>; I saw your image with the limit going off, kinda assumed you just autoed with limits on.

Alkez

Did another multi on this ATK banner and got a Balthier, everything went better than expected and there is even a good gun for him on the raid. I won't push my luck farther lmao.

Damn JP has been kind to you. Congrats. I haven't done an 11 since the initial one. I really need a tank cause right now mine is a 5* max lool.

Dandte

you cant left it play alone because Maxwell's Destiny attack is 100% HP attack that cant be avoided.

Every 5 turns you must jump to avoid that.

To make sure i won't mess up.

Max starts: turn 1
I attack: turn 2
Max : turn 3
I jump: turn 4
Max usws destiny: turn 5
I attack: turn 6
Max: turn 7
I attack: turn 8
Max attack: turn 9
I jump: turn 10

?

Valentus

To make sure i won't mess up.

Max starts: turn 1
I attack: turn 2
Max : turn 3
I jump: turn 4
Max usws destiny: turn 5
I attack: turn 6
Max: turn 7
I attack: turn 8
Max attack: turn 9
I jump: turn 10

?

Edit: No, thats not.

Maxwell starts: turn 1

Then you start

You attack- maxwell attacks: Turn 2
You attack- maxwell attacks: Turn 3
You Attack- Maxwell Attacks: Turn 4
You Jump - Maxwell does nothing: Turn 5
You land - Maxwell attacks: Turn 6
You attack - Maxwell Attacks: Turn 7
You attack - Maxwell Attacks: Turn 8
You Attack - Maxwell Attacks: Turn 9
You Jump - Maxwell Does Nothing: Turn 10
You Land - Maxwell Attacks: Turn 11

.....And wash and rinse.

Also, if you want the LB kill achievement, bring a unit that has hide skill. Cast hide... all the time xD, and for the final blow, attack with noctis and with your hide unit cast the LB.

Visceir

Got two 4* summon tickets from two back to back 5k raid coin summons, pretty sweet.

Japan version's nico stream, which is pretty much a monthly update will be happening in ~36h.

Will probably get more information on version 2.9.0 then which should bring 3* espers and Chocobo explorations (a different version of expeditions(?) and perhaps some other stuff. Dunno what happened to equipment enhancement or if those upgraded trials were it.

Will probably also get the FF XII banner/event news and probably some freebie tickets and such.

JP version is also getting free daily pulls for the month of july.

RedZaraki

Banned
The BIG Lakshmi Question: Libra + Banish OR Mediguard?

See this chart:

VvqNHDs.png

It is possible to pick up Mediguard for 30 instead of Libra + Banish.

What is better?

condigy

The BIG Lakshmi Question: Libra + Banish OR Mediguard?

See this chart:

I took libra because of the octopus trial, but that's just me.

Also, Auto-shell in this case is auto-regen right?(according to exvius wiki) Asking because i've seen auto-regen as auto-shell since the latest patch on some equipments.

yamarei

Neo Member
Hi FFBE-Gaf, I'm sort of a recent player and lurker of this thread and had a question.

I have a decent build up of tickets and Lapis (50 tickets, 20k lapis) but am mostly a free player, so I'm trying to figure out the most strategic place to use these resources. Is Tidus in the upcoming FFX banner worth chasing?

RedZaraki

Banned
Hi FFBE-Gaf, I'm sort of a recent player and lurker of this thread and had a question.

I have a decent build up of tickets and Lapis (50 tickets, 20k lapis) but am mostly a free player, so I'm trying to figure out the most strategic place to use these resources. Is Tidus in the upcoming FFX banner worth chasing?

Tidus if you're VERY lucky, but if you can try to get your hands on Rikku. I hear she's great even months into the future.

Lucreto

Really productive day for me, thanks to the half energy day.

Hit over 100k in crimson, that is nearly double I usually get and still 4 days left.

Completed the kill 10 hungers side quest, got all 10 within an hour and only cost 100 lapis.

Got the last 6 Earth keys and all the Gale keys.

Had to spend 1,500 Lapis as I ran out of Magic Keys. Made some of it back completing Timber Tracks to the orphanage

Ah, I was thinking too much about if Lakshmi should replace Carbuncle but I just realized I'm going to be replacing ExDeath with Rikku so it will actually be Ramuh that gets the boot. I think Carbuncle is still better on healer for the stats if nothing else and Lakshmi should work well on Rikku.

Hi there!

Yes, this FFX banner is one of the special ones worth spending all your savings (lapis and tickets, don't mean to imply real money haha)if you're willing to. One of very few banners that only have 3 units on it with two of the three being amazing units. Tidus is a top tier DPS even in Japan who's 7-8 months ahead of us and Rikku is top tier support who's proved invaluable in some of the more difficult events and trials coming up when they hit in Japan.

Catch up on the story to get a bunch of free lapis and go all ham on the X banner next week until you get Rikku and if you're lucky, Tidus. I've been saving for months and months for this banner, it's a glorious one.

Celegus

Had to spend 1,500 Lapis as I ran out of Magic Keys. Made some of it back completing Timber Tracks to the orphanage

Little late I guess, but you can craft magic keys with screamroot + fine alcryst (both cheap at mog king). Keys for lapis is a trap sadly.

I'd do the first or second since they're shorter but I'd check both and see which I had better percentages on since the reward doesn't really matter. Unless refresh is an option because none of those are spectacular and you still have it for the day.

Valentus

Dont spent nothing. We will get a free month of free daily pulls, a free 10+1 and a guaranteed rainbow on 10+1

Wait for FFX banner, dont spent nothing and only use dailies. I will tell you to use some tickets on the brave frontier banner trying to get tilith but that is a lost case. The drop rate of that multi colored hair girl is insane.

yamarei

Neo Member
Dont spent nothing. We will get a free month of free daily pulls, a free 10+1 and a guaranteed rainbow on 10+1

Wait for FFX banner, dont spent nothing and only use dailies. I will tell you to use some tickets on the brave frontier banner trying to get tilith but that is a lost case. The drop rate of that multi colored hair girl is insane.

I actually got Tilith on my second ticket!

Mostly the build up is just starting to burn a hole in my pocket, and I want to chase after some exciting 5*. Orlandeau banner made me nervous because Soleil seemed like such a bad consolation prize.

Probably going to do some minor chasing to make sure I pull a Rikku, but if not Tidus, is something interesting coming up in the next couple of months?

RedZaraki

Banned
So I think I decided the Lakshmi thing.

It seems to me that the odds that Marie or whoever survives an attack with less than 80 HP after guarding due to a Mediguard Heal is LESS likely than the odds that I wish I had an extra person who knew how to cast Libra.

Both are slim percents though.

Valentus

I actually got Tilith on my second ticket!

Mostly the build up is just starting to burn a hole in my pocket, and I want to chase after some exciting 5*. Orlandeau banner made me nervous because Soleil seemed like such a bad consolation prize.

Probably going to do some minor chasing to make sure I pull a Rikku, but if not Tidus, is something interesting coming up in the next couple of months?

Well, if we talk about a whole...

Now we have Tilith (congratz for getting her with only 2 tickets!, half of ExviusGAF hates you now XD)

Next FFX (Tidus is awesome but Rikku is the true prize here)

After that we think that FFXII banner is next (without the leading man and vaan 6 stars... wtf gumi). There Ashelia Dalmasca and her useless fiancee (Rasler) are top tier base 4 star units.

So at least the future is bright for global.

robotuw

Next FFX (Tidus is awesome but Rikku is the true prize here)

After that we think that FFXII banner is next (without the leading man and vaan 6 stars... wtf gumi). There Ashelia Dalmasca and her useless fiancee (Rasler) are top tier base 4 star units.

So at least the future is bright for global.

Yeah if anything I'm planning to spend more on the FFXII banner. I only need one Rikku but I'd like an Ashe and at least two Raslers (that delicious TM). Still deciding if I want to go for Tidus or just snag Rikku and get out of there.

What are Tidus' chaining options again? Just himself like usual? I assume his main skill is Quick Trick, which is physical so he's similar to Orlandu in that regard I guess. He does the best with his element (water) imperil but can chain anything based on his loadout. Looks like Jecht Shot is a decent finisher too. Damn his enhancements are expensive as hell.

RedZaraki

Banned
FYI Lakshmi's Auto-Shell ACTUALLY IS Auto-Regen!

On the status screen it STILL mis-labels it as Auto-Shell but the description is that it restores HP per turn. And took it to the test dummy.......my character was regenerating HP per turn!

So.....they mislabeled it somehow.

OjknvZa.png

Valentus

Yeah if anything I'm planning to spend more on the FFXII banner. I only need one Rikku but I'd like an Ashe and at least two Raslers (that delicious TM). Still deciding if I want to go for Tidus or just snag Rikku and get out of there.

What are Tidus' chaining options again? Just himself like usual? I assume his main skill is Quick Trick, which is physical so he's similar to Orlandu in that regard I guess. He does the best with his element (water) imperil but can chain anything based on his loadout. Looks like Jecht Shot is a decent finisher too. Damn his enhancements are expensive as hell.

2 tidus (yours and your friend) with a Mercedes with Pirate King Chop +2 (-75% water resist) should be an insane amount of damage. Thats the reason i will use my stones on mercedes (and because i love the character as a F2P enthusiast)

Ken

Tidus seems like a pain as a chainer though so I might skip him and go for OKs instead for his neutral sword.

Also never gonna enhance Mercedes.

J-Tier

Finally managed to get my Gilgamesh-proof Fohlen to carry my friend who's way behind.

If anyone still hasn't done it, fee lfree to add: 515, 337, 526
Thanks Proph! Your Chocobo dude pulled through for me.

Took me two hours, just set it up on auto attack and then when he had no discernable health left but was still alive, I activated the limit burst.

Now to try to beat and get Maxwell...the first one. I just don't have the right resources to do anything to her right now to get me close to doing a limit burst for the quest.

Valentus

i mean i'll think about it if i have an excess of those crysts

Its not a top tier priority, thats for sure. Even if you have one and none base 5, those crysts better save for Agrias... But damn i love mercedes. She helped so much in my F2P trials that i want to upgrade her to see more power on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom