• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!

jediyoshi

Tried some of the WS patches and I have to say that unless you are going in and telling it to render those extra items I found it more distracting having NPCs, objects and enemies pop onto the screen once they get within the normal 4:3 edges of the screen. Some games like Xenosaga 1 on the Durandal are dumping almost everything that is not within the 4:3 framing and you get parts of the ship drawing in and disappearing at that threshold. Great for screen shots. Actually playing some of these games not so much.

What other games have you had problems with? I've yet to run into it in the half dozen games I've tried so far, the problem is usually it just not being perfectly 16:9. GC games on Dolphin seem to have a higher ratio of things not rendering properly past 4:3 using widescreen hacks.

Mit-

I'm playing through FES myself, didn't notice any of those things you mentioned. Games runs perfectly fine except when saving the game, the music slows down. Other than that, it's fine. Running a 2500k with AMD 6850 myself

I barely noticed the menu problem. It was pretty deep in the menus. I think it was while looking at stats for teammates in a store or something? Something weird like that. The drop shadow image was in front of the main character image.

The music I just catch every now and then. The slowdown is definitely noticeable during saving, but it speeds up real quick, or kind of barely skips a beat when it loads small things for me too. Again, hardly noticeable, but I catch it when I'm bobbing my head to the beat of the music and suddenly I'm no longer on beat. And it's not because I'm white :p

Shiryu

Neo Member
Motioninjoy destroyed my wireless adapter drivers for 360 controllers, does it still do that? I'd love to play using a dualshock3 controllers, but otherwise I'd break out an old PS2 controller adapter :p.

I'm gonna try playing some games on my laptop later tonight, hopefully an i7-3610QM with a 650M can hold up to play all games. Cherry on top of cake would be 1080p.
Looking to play some games I picked up but never started like Shadow Hearts.

Mit-

Motioninjoy destroyed my wireless adapter drivers for 360 controllers, does it still do that? I'd love to play using a dualshock3 controllers, but otherwise I'd break out an old PS2 controller adapter :p.

I'm gonna try playing some games on my laptop later tonight, hopefully an i7-3610QM with a 650M can hold up to play all games. Cherry on top of cake would be 1080p.
Looking to play some games I picked up but never started like Shadow Hearts.

As far as I know, all options for using a Dualshock 3 on PC through bluetooth require you to get rid of your old drivers and install DS3-exclusive drivers (so the adapter won't work for anything else). I'm not sure about the 360 wireless drivers.

But yeah it's still a scumbag program.

If you don't want it to do that, you could just play with your DS3 via USB and MotionInJoy. Don't pair it up in the bluetooth section, and don't install any drivers in the bluetooth section.

Parfait

I'm having some ridiculous slowdown effect in FFXII International

For the most part the game runs fine, in some areas that are large or crowded though, my fps does not dip but the game slows down anyway.

I last played it about 2 years ago on a worse computer and I can't remember having this problem.

Current Specs: i5 2500k @ 3.30Ghz
8Gb Ram
Ati Radeon 4800 HD (same card as my old computer)
PCSX2 1.1.0

Edit: I guess I should mention that I was also streaming, but It also happens even when I'm not streaming. When I'm streaming i also get fps dips so it's like a free 2 for 1 offer on beating my face in with slowdowns.

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to all this computer stuff and had 2 questions I was hoping people could help me out with. First off, is my computer any good? Haha it took me awhile to track down the specs but here's what I think matters.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.5GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Cores
8GB RAM

Video Card
Intel HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M

The second thing I want to ask about is this. While a lot of PCSX2 games run pretty darn well. Ape Escape Million Monkeys often dips to about 40 FPS whenever stuff goes on on screen. Anyways to remedy this?
Keep in mind I am really really new to this.

Edit: Also how much should actually burning the iso on a disc help? Worth doing?

xJavonta

Banned
Just played TimeSplitters 2 on PCSX2. It was perfect, so many good memories of that game. Is there anyway to improve the way it looks though? Like increasing the internal resolution and possibly a widescreen hack?

ChryZ

Same settings but I just set it to bobtff to stop the slight shake. Game speaks for itself.
I picked up Radiata Stories after seeing those screenshots here. Completely missed that game, glad to have it in my collection now. Cheers.

BTW, you don't need bobtff since the game support progressive scan. Just select full boot, hold down triangle and cross while the game loads. There will be an option menu for progressive scan and widescreen. 480p makes the game very crisp. I didn't fiddle too much with any other options, but it seems that DX9 eases some of the minor cut-scene issues.

ChryZ

Guys is it better to download latest SVN daily or just the final 1.0 version?
There's nothing final about ver1.0, it's just their current stable.

I usually keep an eye on the change logs and cherry pick a SVN if there's a new feature or improvement that tickles my fancy. They are plenty stable, I never had to roll back to an earlier version because something was fubar.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
There's nothing final about ver1.0, it's just their current stable.

I usually keep an eye on the change logs and cherry pick a SVN if there's a new feature or improvement that tickles my fancy. They are plenty stable, I never had to roll back to an earlier version because something was fubar.

Dunno, 1.0 broke some transparencies in Ar Tonelico 2 when I tried to switch over to it so I suppose YMMV.

ChryZ

Dunno, 1.0 broke some transparencies in Ar Tonelico 2 when I tried to switch over to it so I suppose YMMV.
Yeah, like I said: nothing is final. Development is ongoing and in my experience waiting for the next "stable" is a waste of time. They usually address issues quickly (read SVN) if something breaks what worked before.

I'm using motionjoy drivers with my PS3 gamepad and so far so good. Tried Persona 3 and worked out of the box :)

I set it to 4x native and 4x AA. Oh and using widescreen hack.

Just one question. 2D sprites of people speaking with you in Persona, they are kinda pixelated. Is that normal considering everything else (which is in 3D) looks great

Ledsen

I'm using motionjoy drivers with my PS3 gamepad and so far so good. Tried Persona 3 and worked out of the box :)

I set it to 4x native and 4x AA. Oh and using widescreen hack.

Just one question. 2D sprites of people speaking with you in Persona, they are kinda pixelated. Is that normal considering everything else (which is in 3D) looks great

Unlike 3D, 2D is locked at the resolution it was drawn in (being a drawing and all, as opposed to polygons). So it will always look pixelated unless you use a (usually ugly) blur filter.

Ah thanks mate,
where can I find those filters? Just to fool around.
Are they like epsxe shaders?

*edit*
Seems in battle shadows are all messed up, any fix for that?

xJavonta

Banned
Ah thanks mate,
where can I find those filters? Just to fool around.
Are they like epsxe shaders?

*edit*
Seems in battle shadows are all messed up, any fix for that?

I haven't spent much time in P3 on PCSX2, but in P4 that doesn't happen (the shadows). However, I usually put an interlacing filter over the game so it looks a little more like a CRT and it makes the games look slightly better in my opinion.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I was trying to play Smackdown with a DS3 controller but Smackdown uses the left stick to move around instead of the d-pad. I've tried MotionJoy and the other driver bundled with PCSX but I can't map the stick on the configuration. Is there other drivers I can use?

xJavonta

Banned
I was trying to play Smackdown with a DS3 controller but Smackdown uses the left stick to move around instead of the d-pad. I've tried MotionJoy and the other driver bundled with PCSX but I can't map the stick on the configuration. Is there other drivers I can use?
Try setting the DS3 to either PS2 Dualshock or Xbox 360 Controller Emulator in the settings. That should work.

ChryZ

R-Type Final

- PCSX2 0.9.9 R5350, i5-760@1440-3520MHz, GTX680@1084-1150MHz, 1600x1200
- Preset Balanced as template + MTVU
- GSdx 5346 SSE41: Direct3D11, 4x Native, HW Hacks (4xMSAA), rest default
- SPU2-X all default

Just finished the game, no issues to report. Runs flawless.

jediyoshi

Just went with an alternative ws patch for ffx2, works great

gYElt.gif

compared to this old one
http://i.imgur.com/EmvZv.gif

Seik

Banned
HMMMMM GoT mah NeW HAAAAaaaard DRIIIiiiive.

Hmmm, Doo doo doo do doo dooooooo.

Gotta riiiiiiiip my whooooole library agaaaaaaaain... ''D:''

Hmmm, that shit is fuckiiiing, yeah fuckiiiiiing

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

On a more serious note, I'll test a couple of games in the coming days. :)

I can already say that DoA2 Hardcore still doesn't work, which is sad.

EDIT: GOOD NEWS: MK Shaolin Monks seems to work perfectly now, it had huge lighting graphical bugs back then, even with 1.0.0 but now with the latest revision its all perfect! :D

EDIT 2: DOUBLE GOOD NEWS: The Bouncer doesn't have the weird sound glitch anymore, it runs perfectly now too! :DDD

The game looks very good for a launch title imo. Brings me back.

bouncer2pxsq6.png

Le-mo

So I can hear the game running in the background but with no visuals. It's my first time using PCXS2. Adjusted my settings to match the OP's. Any ideas?

Le-mo

So I can hear the game running in the background but with no visuals. It's my first time using PCXS2. Adjusted my settings to match the OP's. Any ideas?
Bumped. I also can't access my video plugin settings. When I click on it a message box pops up that says "Enable Logging(for develop use only)". And the Gsdx.ini is missing from my ini folders. I checked all the folders related to PCSX2 and can't seem to find it.

jediyoshi

ffxii. there's an ingame option for widescreen that does hor+, but still crops off the image vertically

ingame widescreen
66rSk.gif

widescreen patch
WAvQD.gif

Bumped. I also can't access my video plugin settings. When I click on it a message box pops up that says "Enable Logging(for develop use only)". And the Gsdx.ini is missing from my ini folders. I checked all the folders related to PCSX2 and can't seem to find it.

What version are you running? Did you try it with default settings? The emulator gets updated so often you can't really trust game specific configs.

Le-mo

ffxii. there's an ingame option for widescreen that does hor+, but still crops off the image vertically

ingame widescreen
66rSk.gif

widescreen patch
WAvQD.gif

What version are you running? Did you try it with default settings? The emulator gets updated so often you can't really trust game specific configs.

The newest version. 1.0.0

Le-mo

The newest version is 1.1.0 (5412). Try extracting a fresh copy somewhere else and see if you can access the video options from there, just sounds like something went wrong with your last setup.

Ok, so I managed to get it up and running and currently playing Yakuza, but the game is a mess. Full of jaggies and blurry.

Tomodachi

Is this real life?

I set my internal resolution to custom (1920x1080) because my CPU/GPU can't handle anything more (I wish I didn't have an AMD cpu... crap) and AA is turned off. Still, in motion this is SO amazing, better than many so called "HD collections" that come out these days (720p, meh, not to mention they're not always so faithful, see Silent Hill 2/3).

I followed the guide posted by ExMachina. The BGMs have some issues though, they have minor slow-downs even when the graphics do not. Weird. Any audio setting I should try?

Another thing I love is opening Joy2Key and assigning F8 to the L3 button, so I can take screenshots directly with the pad.

Tomodachi

This game. This game.

Raised the internal resolution to 2560x1440 from 1920x1080 because it looks like my CPU can handle at least that. Also added antialiasing 4x (even though the guide says it's safer at 2x I didn't have any issue with it for many hours, so I guess they managed to fix that in 1.0?) because AA it's all on the GPU and I have a 560 Ti.

I am enjoying it 100x this time around, my expectations were too high back in the days and I was really disappointed by the plot going downhill (totally disappearing, more like) in the largest part of the game. Now I'm enjoying the battle system, the dialogues, the locations (holy damn at that architecture and those textures), gambits, everything! It's amazing and PCSX2 really makes it bloom like never before.

Oh by the way, I tried Siren 2 just before and it has huge compatibility issues :(

CRS

widescreen kh2

http://www.abload.de/img/pcsx2-2012-09-10-01-59sqge.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/pcsx2-2012-09-10-02-0zcryq.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/pcsx2-2012-09-10-02-0q2q9q.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What are your settings? Replaying this now and want to know what to use.

Top Bottom