• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Lunar FC

ewvqiha.png

T-Rex.

Banned
Just had a look at the opening fixtures again and I love the schedule. Hull vs Leicester early kick off on Saturday followed by Everton vs Tottenham and then Man City vs Sunderland. Should be a good one.

Audioboxer

From old thread about Mahrez but quoting into new

I completely forgot he was on the pitch for the match. He's better off staying if Arsenal are the club thats interested in him.

Arsenal ain't that bad :p

They just like to shit the bed under pressure, and Wenger usually loses the plot mid~end season. I think Mahrez would be a great signing for them and I do think Arsenal will go further than Leicester in the CL.

Right now I'd be a bit more uncertain as a Liverpool fan about the coming season.

From old thread about Mahrez but quoting into new

Arsenal ain't that bad :p

They just like to shit the bed under pressure, and Wenger usually loses the plot mid~end season. I think Mahrez would be a great signing for them and I do think Arsenal will go further than Leicester in the CL.
Another midfielder is the last thing Arsenal needs though. They need to get their defense in order first and foremost.

Audioboxer

Another midfielder is the last thing Arsenal needs though. They need to get their defense in order first and foremost.

I can't disagree with that. Liverpool also in defence.

I've always said as long as you outscore your opponents who cares about clean sheets? This season though I think defence will be more important than ever. Crazy amounts of attacking quality in the prem league, and some seriously suspicious defending setups.

It's what annoyed me under LVG. I couldn't have cared less about clean sheets and possession, Leceister won the league with low possession and conceding, they just scored more. Much like United under Fergie. Although yeah at the end run in they had tons of 1-0 wins, but that was squeaky bum time and they were under insane pressure in the final month(s).

2-1, 3-2 and even 4-3 is far more exciting than trying to grind 1-0, and maybe ending up with 1-1, or worse, 0-0. Sure winning is always key, but as I said with the amount of attacking quality in the league you should expect to concede some goals and just be focused on scoring more yourself. Not obsessing over defence to the point where your attacking play suffers immensely. Or some would say ends up castrated.

But no you don't want to go too far the other way either and like Arsenal have silky attacking play with a goal or two, but insanely bad defending so you end up losing 3-2 or 2-1 in the final 1/3rd of game time.

Audioboxer

I am ready to see the disgusted look on Ibra and Mou's face when Rooney fucks up every attack this weekend

I'm quite happy Ibra got vice-captain. Rooney needs a massive boot up his ass.

I'm not of the belief he has nothing left to offer anymore, but damn has he fizzled out in passion/aggression and belief the last few years.

He plays like a player that needs a new challenge and is "fed up" at United, and that sucks as our captain. Rooney should have the self belief and passion of someone like Ibra who is years older than him, especially with being captain at a club like United. It's really this season or bust with the United fans if you ask me. The majority still stand by our captain but man the private thoughts of many of us are pretty seething around Rooney just now. It's sad because he has given so much and still has the ability to, he just needs to show it more. Especially for what he gets paid and the fact he is the captain.

Hope Mou can revitalize him. Hope Ibra can scare him when he is doing shit. Hope Pogba can feed into some aggression/passion. Hope Fellaini can get sold because Fellaini is Fellaini and Fellaini is the worst.

Carbonox

Newcastle should start fining Sissoko every time he opens his moronic mouth.

"I'm still waiting for Real Madrid to sign me"

Still fucking going on.

NHale

Hope Fellaini can get sold because Fellaini is Fellaini and Fellaini is the worst.

For some reason I really believe Mourinho likes Fellaini. I always thought he would never even been able to train with the main squad considering how in the last 2/3 years he simply forgot basic tactical assingments (especially with Belgium) which is a big no-no under Mourinho. But on Sunday the guy seemed like a different player (except for the critical error which was the only big mistake).

He spent most of the game in control, recovered a lot of balls, gave 2 or 3 elbows which is something Mourinho enjoys and provided some aerial support. I would be surprised if he's not starting against Bournemouth.

Audioboxer

For some reason I really believe Mourinho likes Fellaini. I always thought he would never even been able to train with the main squad considering how in the last 2/3 years he simply forgot basic tactical assingments (especially with Belgium) which is a big no-no under Mourinho. But on Sunday the guy seemed like a different player (except for the critical error which was the only big mistake).

He spent most of the game in control, recovered a lot of balls, gave 2 or 3 elbows which is something Mourinho enjoys and provided some aerial support. I would be surprised if he's not starting against Bournemouth.

Well he can play a role when needed, I just don't want to see him play at the expense of some of our other players. Fair play to him though if he does manage to reinvent himself.

The bigger issue is I expect as usual for him to be the one who does make the critical mistake. More so by getting sent off though when he lashes out. If he keeps that under-wraps I guess he has a use.

Kill3r7

Agreed. His size makes him an asset under Mourinho, who is not opposed to playing ugly in order to win. Fellaini might not start many games but he certainly will get some playing time.

Audioboxer

Agreed. His size makes him an asset under Mourinho, who is not opposed to playing ugly in order to win. Fellaini might not start many games but he certainly will get some playing time.

So what you are saying is Fellaini starting at the weekend and Pogba on the bench confirmed? :p

Jarnet87

expect it to be the same starting 11 for United, maybe Mkhitaryan for Lingard but that's about it. Pogba on as a sub appearance would be great but I wouldn't expect that until next week against Southampton at home.

Tubie

I hope Madrid finally wins La Liga again, would be a nice change.

Recently it seems La Liga is harder for us to win than the CL lol.

Also, nice OT!

I'm not too happy that United's opener is at 8:30 est on Sunday. Would've loved to catch the match at my favorite spot in NYC but it's way too early to commute in and grab a pint.

NHale

expect it to be the same starting 11 for United, maybe Mkhitaryan for Lingard but that's about it. Pogba on as a sub appearance would be great but I wouldn't expect that until next week against Southampton at home.

I have a feeling that if Lingard isn't fully fit it will be Mata in the starting XI. Now if Mourinho replace him at the 35th minute it will be gloirous. Marca "journalists" will go ballistic for the 100x time because "Mourinho doesn't like Spanish players that don't even have a space on the national squad".

5 years later and they are still upset Mourinho had the guts to pull their favorite son out of the keeper position at Real Madrid.

yagal

User: yagal
League: Premier League

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
---
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Leicester
---
18. Burnley
19. Watford
20. Hull City

United champion if Rooney: on the bench, injury, only play cup, to China...

cyber_ninja

User: cyber_ninja

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
---
5. Leicester City
6. Tottenham
7. Liverpool
---
18. Bournemouth
19. Burnley
20. Hull City

Tubie

User: Tubie

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Leicester
---
18. Bournemouth
19. Sunderland
20. Hull City

User: Tubie
League: La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico de Madrid
4. Valencia
---
5. Villarreal
6. Athletic
7. Sevilla
---
18. Betis
19. Leganes
20. Las Palmas

faridmon

I have a feeling that if Lingard isn't fully fit it will be Mata in the starting XI. Now if Mourinho replace him at the 35th minute it will be gloirous. Marca "journalists" will go ballistic for the 100x time because "Mourinho doesn't like Spanish players that don't even have a space on the national squad".

5 years later and they are still upset Mourinho had the guts to pull their favorite son out of the keeper position at Real Madrid.

Do you think Mata is gonna stay?

Reports are suggesting that he is unhappy and we are close in buying him.

In another news

Williams with number 5 shirt, guess how that belonged to?

Can't wait for the season to start again. I actually have quite high hopes for Arsenal this season. As long as we get Mustafi and Mahrez I genuinely think this could be our year.

Top Bottom