• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive eShop Sale in Celebration of Super Smash Bros 3DS

jakomocha

Well, with the "massive" eShop sale, I am wondering what LoZ games I should get. I could get all of 'em (except for ALBW, gonna wait for a bigger sale on that one later on or just rent it from Gamefly), which would total at $17.96, or pass on some, or get none. I'm a little disappointed the original LoZ wasn't put on sale, but oh well.

Also, I've never played a Megaman game.
I know GAF, I know.
If I get one, which should it be? Doubt I'll be able to get all though, especially if I'm gonna get all the LoZ VC games on sale.

EDIT:
Wrong thread (god damn it) but guess this still applies here anyways.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well, with the "massive" eShop sale, I am wondering what LoZ games I should get. I could get all of 'em (except for ALBW, gonna wait for a bigger sale on that one later on or just rent it from Gamefly), which would total at $17.96, or pass on some, or get none. I'm a little disappointed the original LoZ wasn't put on sale, but oh well.

Also, I've never played a Megaman game.
I know GAF, I know.
If I get one, which should it be? Doubt I'll be able to get all though, especially if I'm gonna get all the LoZ VC games on sale.

EDIT:
Wrong thread (god damn it) but guess this still applies here anyways.

Mega Man X is a great introduction to the series. Not too easy, not too hard, good level design, and some of the best SNES music.

Gazoinks

Ooh, tempted to finally get Kid Icarus: Uprising. That's playable without the stand on 2DS, right? That's my only worry about the digital copy.

jokkir

Ooh, tempted to finally get Kid Icarus: Uprising. That's playable without the stand on 2DS, right? That's my only worry about the digital copy.

It honestly really depends on the person. Some are okay with it, some are not and I'm a person who's okay with it.

Mortemis

Banned
Got Kid Icarus, I'm sure its a fun game but just playing a little bit was so god damn uncomfortable, this game was made for the OG 3ds, and not the XL. I'll play it some more to see if I can get used to it but I may end up holding out playing until I get an n3ds next year.

Zantar

Neo Member
Bought Oracle of Ages! I've wanted to play this ever since I played Oracle of Seasons on the GBC :)

I know ALTTP is supposed to be really good, but is it worth getting and playing after I've already bought and finished ALBW? (Are there any major differences really?)

Kriken

Grabbed Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons and Mega Man X2, sorta wish Sonic Lost World could've been on sale, still haven't gotten around to it and it hasn't hit that 'morbid curiosity' price range for me yet :/

Platy

From the eshop size old thread

Kid Icarus: Uprising - 12,906 blocks
Star Fox 64 3D – 4,619 blocks

And I saw that Smash is actualy 17.300 blocks (or 2.1GB)

hjOtuRM.jpg

My 3DS Body is ready

.... my wallet is not xD

Nintendo first party games usualy are .... 2 giga for smash is obviously namco's fault =P

Clearly. Pokemon is the biggest game I can find (outside of DKCR3D, which seems unfair to count since it was originally a Wii game) at 13k blocks (~1725MB)

hongcha

And I saw that Smash is actualy 17.300 blocks (or 2.1GB)

More accurately, it is 2,214 MB. Each block is 128kb, so multiply the total number of blocks times 0.128 to get the exact MB count (dividing the total by 8 gives a number that is close, but a bit less).

Shauni

Picked up the Minish Cap. Kind of hoped OOT would've went on sale, and I keep forgetting that the end times will come if Nintendo ever sells Link's Awakening DX for less than $5.99.

ugly

On the NZ eshop for 3ds the only games on sale right now are
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons

ok

Nintendo first party games usualy are .... 2 giga for smash is obviously namco's fault =P
The really funny thing is these days on 3DS most first party games has switched from sequenced music to 32KHz streaming music (which is apparently a derivative of the format used on Wii) and this music is now what takes up a bulk of the game space.

Smash Bros was designed to fit onto a 2GB card probably for cost reasons (eShop is 2.1GB because it includes the save file) and the music is a bit limited (2 per stage) and there doesn't seem to many FMV (how to play might be FMV). Given that is a newer cart using the new encryption probably means an actual size for music probably won't be known for a while.

Still the game has 600 trophies (Pokemon has about 800 Pokemon graphics and is nearly 2GB).

So how do ages and seasons connect on the 3ds if you buy both? Did they modify the gbc games to work together?
Enter the password. At least it is not Golden Sun long...

I just hope the n3DS allows the C-Stick to be used in KI:Uprising
Apparently it can backwards compatible as a CCP. So does that mean all games using it will support CCP for non New owners? No Smash 3DS doesn't work with the CCP because Amiibo needs the IR port or Nintendo wants you to buy New 3DS something

As for Kid Icarus, remember it doesn't become a twin stick shooters and yeah, you want to move your character using that tiny stick? Learning to play right handed will be better (training I suggest is Pokemon Super Training and Liberation Maiden and using a cotton bud instead of the styluss).

co1onel

As for Kid Icarus, remember it doesn't become a twin stick shooters and yeah, you want to move your character using that tiny stick? Learning to play right handed will be better (training I suggest is Pokemon Super Training and Liberation Maiden and using a cotton bud instead of the styluss).

Using the face buttons is perfectly fine for movement in Kid Icarus if you're left handed. I beat it that way on hard without any issues.

Just grabbed Minish Cap, Megaman X, and Megaman X2 on sale. Good stuff. Never played X2.

Wish I could afford to go digital with Fire Emblem and Link Between Worlds. Just don't have the money to double dip on those right now.

Tom_Cody

Thinking I might jump on Uprising. I just hope the controls aren't too bad.
It's not as simple as bad or good. To me they are amazing and they greatly add to the game. That said, some people never get used to them.

A few bits of advice for anyone playing for the first time:

1) The best posture for me is sitting down with the 3DS sitting on my right knee. Not having to support the weight of the device with one hand helps greatly.

2) Keep in mind that the camera controls like a trackball or like "spinning a globe" (I believe this is the term Sakurai used). You flick the lower screen to start rotation and then you press it down again to stop rotation. This way you can spin very quickly by flicking the stylus, but you can also control precise aiming by dragging the stylus. This took my about 30 minutes to get used to the first time I played it.

I came to love the controls once I got used to them. I'm still holding out hope that Sakurai's next game is a KI:U successor for the Wii U.

narton

Has anybody got their Deluxe Digital Points yet? I bought Mega Man X2 yesterday and I still haven't gotten a new point tally.

narton

takes at least 24hours so give it a few more hours?

Sometimes or usually it's been a little less. The page even says as of 9/10, not 9/11 yet. I guess I'll stay patient. Will I get points for its normal full price or the discounted price? 49 instead of 79?

Jimrpg

I'd bite on that price for ALBW BUT that's something I want on a cartridge especially now that I'm probably getting a New Nintendo 3DS. If I get digital its stuck on the one system which would really suck and I can't share it with my daughter.

I'm happy to get Animal Crossing digital tho, that's something I could play everyday and itd be good for it to be easily accessible.

JulianImp

Finally! While I didn't get any games last week, today I ended up getting Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening. Only played them for a few minutes each, but they both look really solid so far.

LiK

I got Minish Cap for free from ambassador program but not a fan of the way it saves cuz of the emulation. You can't put it into sleep mode. Maybe I'll double dip for Wii U. I guess I should also pick up LTTP.

I got Minish Cap for free from ambassador program but not a fan of the way it saves cuz of the emulation. You can't put it into sleep mode. Maybe I'll double dip for Wii U. I guess I should also pick up LTTP.
Actually I'm told GBA sleep mode works in all software that supported it originally which includes Minish Cap. Yes when a 3DS is in GBA sleep mode it won't streetpass, step count etc*

*-If I ever get an ambassador system I want to see if it lasts longer in sleep mode as a result. A GBA could go for about a month.

Sometimes or usually it's been a little less. The page even says as of 9/10, not 9/11 yet. I guess I'll stay patient. Will I get points for its normal full price or the discounted price? 49 instead of 79?

The DDP works differently than club nintendo. Where in CN every game has a set number of coins they give, the DDP is based on money spent. So you'll get points equal to the sale price

v1perz53

Game Gear Sonic is legit. Dat music by Yuzo Koshiro.

Eh, the music might be good, but the game plays so poorly. So slow for a sonic game, and the collision detection is super iffy. I played it a ton as a kid, but it doesn't hold up to any console version of Sonic gameplay wise, that's for sure.

Top Bottom