• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

True

It's not even an X criticism

It's a fact that EA did a lazy job on both their Pro and X support for M18

Just look at any video breaking it down.

You get a res boost and that's about it

Looks just slightly sharper than on base.

Not the X fault, EA's fault

It's funny because I have that nikana troll on my ignore list too. Crazy what the mods let people like him get away with

Legit enhancements are resolution, visuals (think PC type settings), texture upgrades, and performance upgrades.

Gears 4 does all of these

M18 does one

Grinchy

Banned
This console is so damn quiet, yet it pumps out so much heat that it can warm up the finished basement of my townhouse despite that room always being like 10 degrees colder than the other floors normally. It's insane how well it pushes the heat way from itself.

Meh3D

Has anyone had any luck messing around with the 4K HDR captures on their PC/Mac?

I uploaded two 4K HDR captures to youtube. Youtube reads and plays them back just fine. Even allowed me to trim them.

My Mac (MBP 13 High Sierra) basically told me to go fuck myself when I attempted to view the file or edit with FCPX or iMovie. The file information MacOS reports back is that this file is encoded in 4K HVEC. My Mac just refused to play it back even though I'm suppose to have software HVEC support through High Sierra.

https://youtu.be/9-wMo3tcwms

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
True

It’s not even an X criticism

It’s a fact that EA did a lazy job on both their Pro and X support for M18

Just look at any video breaking it down.

You get a res boost and that’s about it

Looks just slightly sharper than on base.

Not the X fault, EA’s fault

It’s funny because I have that nikana troll on my ignore list too. Crazy what the mods let people like him get away with

Legit enhancements are resolution, visuals (think PC type settings), texture upgrades, and performance upgrades.

Gears 4 does all of these

M18 does one

😂😂

I wonder if we ever get an “X Slim” one day. Hard to imagine this much power in an even smaller box

Wouldnt bet my horses on it when it is already in a slim package. Much more likely with a PS4 Pro slim since it is quite bulky and ugly tbh.

Dont think they will shrink the nm much more for that to happen until next gen comes.

Wouldnt bet my horses on it when it is already in a slim package. Much more likely with a PS4 Pro slim since it is quite bulky and ugly tbh.

Dont think they will shrink the nm much more for that to happen until next gen comes.

Yeah, I agree

At Pro’s launch I was pretty happy with everything except the design. Wouldn’t mind seeing them sleek it up a little.

X definitely is a sexy console

Yeah, I agree

At Pro’s launch I was pretty happy with everything except the design. Wouldn’t mind seeing them sleek it up a little.

X definitely is a sexy console

Yeah I don’t get it, Sony usually design good looking hardware but dropped the ball there. Until the Xbone S MS was not known for good looking consoles. But currently have Sony beat.

The cooling solution in the X is quite premium too, vapor chamber similar to what Nvidia uses on GTX Titan cards.

solis74

Finally caved in and purchased the X via the Best Buy app for in-store pickup today.

Waiting for the email to tell me the item is ready for pick up. :)

Also have the LG OLED55B7A on the way so gonna be a good weekend!

What's the most visually impressive game to try on the X?

gow4/fortza 7/ ac.o all look amazing on the X\1

I have the C7 and its like seeing for the first time :)

Seriously?

I get that you've been frustrated at all the gloating and positive XB1 threads, but come on. Bringing politics flamebait in here isn't necessary.

That's so fucking sad. To think someone could be that upset over another console getting some positive buzz.

That's so fucking sad. To think someone could be that monumentally fucking stupid that they couldn't tell the difference berween comments which were clearly directed at shitposting, disingenuous, drooling fanboys who get upset over perceived insults towards their favorite piece of consumer electronics and other comments which were directed at the consumer electronics itself.

gow4/fortza 7/ ac.o all look amazing on the X1

I have to agree.

It reminds me of when I made a huge GPU upgrade on my recently (3gb 780 to a 8gb 1070ti) and the boost in IQ for games that really support the X hardware so far, like the 3 you mentioned, is impressive

I just wish every game had full X enhancements like Gears4.

RDR2, assuming it doesn’t come to PC, will be an X system seller

tommyguns

Not sure where else to ask...

Does anyone else’s console back sag down? If you look at the back under the ports, the middle of the unit is sagging down on mine and resting on the table.

thatJohann

gow4/fortza 7/ ac.o all look amazing on the X1

Those with LG OLEDs, what’s the ideal color space setting for Xbox. - standard or PC RGB?

ANd do I need to adjust black level on LG OLED too?

Getting mine on Saturday so curious what best settings are

Not sure where else to ask...

Does anyone else’s console back sag down? If you look at the back under the ports, the middle of the unit is sagging down on mine and resting on the table.

It is sexy. But I can hear mine. It’s a lot quieter during certain games compared to others but during dishonored 2 or wolfenstein 2 for example, I can absolutely hear the fans

I would get your console checked out. This doesn't sound good to me.

If it were just the fan, I would say your choice. But that coupled with the "sagging" frame. Take it back or let Microsoft fix it.

tommyguns

I would get your console checked out. This doesn't sound good to me.

If it were just the fan, I would say your choice. But that coupled with the "sagging" frame. Take it back or let Microsoft fix it.

Thanks for the reply.

So you're saying the back of yours isn't sagging at all?

I hate getting stuck in this exchange game trying to find a properly good console.

Having to re download everything again, etc etc. Hoping the new one isn't worse than before.

Ugh.

Thanks for the reply.

So you're saying the back of yours isn't sagging at all?

I hate getting stuck in this exchange game trying to find a properly good console.

Having to re download everything again, etc etc. Hoping the new one isn't worse than before.

Ugh.

img_0747.jpg

So are you saying the bottom/middle is touching the surface? This is the closest I could find of what you are describing. Mine has a slight gap that paper can slide under. If it's touching, this also may be why you are hearing the fan with the vibration touching the surface.

tommyguns

img_0747.jpg

So are you saying the bottom/middle is touching the surface? This is the closest I could find of what you are describing. Mine has a slight gap that paper can slide under. If it's touching, this also may be why you are hearing the fan with the vibration touching the surface.

That seems to show it pretty well...see how the edges close to the feet are elevated more than the middle? Similar to yours? All the other sides of my console have an even straight elevation off the surface

That seems to show it pretty well...see how the edges close to the feet are elevated more than the middle? Similar to yours? All the other sides of my console have an even straight elevation off the surface

Yeah, I see it. I know paper can slide up under mine so it's not touching. I will have to check again to see if mine looks like it's dipping. The console is One heavy beast, though.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's so fucking sad. To think someone could be that monumentally fucking stupid that they couldn't tell the difference berween comments which were clearly directed at shitposting, disingenuous, drooling fanboys who get upset over perceived insults towards their favorite piece of consumer electronics and other comments which were directed at the consumer electronics itself.
Trust me I completely understand that Fanboys can get annoying, but grow the fuck up and ignore them.

These are just consoles. If you're going to get this volatile and abrasive towards people just because a platform holder you dislike is getting some positive attention and some of it's Fanboys are celebrating, then maybe you should take a breath and reevaluate what's going on in your life.

No grown man should take this kind of thing this seriously.

solis74

I have to agree.

It reminds me of when I made a huge GPU upgrade on my recently (3gb 780 to a 8gb 1070ti) and the boost in IQ for games that really support the X hardware so far, like the 3 you mentioned, is impressive

I just wish every game had full X enhancements like Gears4.

RDR2, assuming it doesn’t come to PC, will be an X system seller

it should look amazing

Trust me I completely understand that Fanboys can get annoying, but grow the fuck up and ignore them.

These are just consoles. If you're going to get this volatile and abrasive towards people just because a platform holder you dislike is getting some positive attention and some of it's Fanboys are celebrating, then maybe you should take a breath and reevaluate what's going on in your life.

No grown man should take this kind of thing this seriously.

Again, it's fanboys who get upset at others who don't virtually suck the xboxs dick whenever they post that I'm calling out. They're not celebrating, they're shitposting because their precious finally has the power advantage, and anyone who refuses to worship at its altar or doesn't agree that's it's gods gift to gaming has committed the unforgivable sin of not being totally in love with their precious. Btw you're proven your membership in their club by only calling out people on the other team so to speak. Always knew you were one of them. Not surprised.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Again, it's fanboys who get upset at others who don't virtually suck the xboxs dick whenever they post that I'm calling out. They're not celebrating, they're shitposting because their precious finally has the power advantage, and anyone who refuses to worship at its altar or doesn't agree that's it's gods gift to gaming has committed the unforgivable sin of not being totally in love with their precious. Btw you're proven your membership in their club by only calling out people on the other team so to speak. Always knew you were one of them. Not surprised.
I get what you're saying but fighting fire with fire just makes you as bad as they are. Be the bigger man and just ignore it.

But I'm a fanboy now? Lmao, I own and play on every platform baring the Switch, so whatever you say man. Trying to discuss something with you is like beating my head against a wall, so I'm throwing in the towel and just leaving you be. Take it easy.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I get what you're saying but fighting fire with fire just makes you as bad as they are. Be the bigger man and just ignore it.

But I'm a fanboy now? Lmao, I own and play on every platform baring the Switch, so whatever you say man. Trying to discuss something with you is like beating my head against a wall, so I'm throwing in the towel and just leaving you be. Take it easy.

Take the advice you gave me...it's not worth it lol.

I said Madden 18 has been said to have good X support for X and Pro, and now I'm a fanboy according to the poster. Among other political things 😂😂

So if we go back to last year when the PS4 Pro was released, we wouldn't see posts from Sony fanbois fellating themselves over the new altar Sony released?

Fanbois in general are trash and bad for gaming (and message boards). But to get on a bunch of people because they not only bought an XBO:X, but are enjoying the significant power boost and playing the best iterations of various third party titles? That's just comes across as petty and myopic.

You do know you are in a console specific thread, right?

You do know you are in a console specific thread, right?

That shouldn't make it impossible to have an objective conversation about said console.

In here it is either "OMFG THE X BUILT ME A NEW HOUSE AND DID MY LAUNDRY FOR ME" or "LOLOLOLOL BARELY BETTER THAN PRO WAY TO GO MONEYBOX"

We need to meet in the middle

RootCause

That shouldn't make it impossible to have an objective conversation about said console.

In here it is either "OMFG THE X BUILT ME A NEW HOUSE AND DID MY LAUNDRY FOR ME" or "LOLOLOLOL BARELY BETTER THAN PRO WAY TO GO MONEYBOX"

We need to meet in the middle

That's like going to a stripper joint to talk about religion.
Don't see why any of sony's or Nintendo's system need to be discussed on the One X thread.

Top Bottom