• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Burnout Paradise Remastered coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Agent X

According to this blog post, which in turn makes reference to this post on another Brazilian blog, versions of Burnout Paradise for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One have been spotted on a Brazilian retailer's Web site.

Burnout Paradise is a superb racing game that still holds up very well, even after nearly a decade. Would you like to see a refreshed version for newer systems? I know that I would!

jaydogg691

People who don’t like Paradise aren’t real Burnout fans. Sure 3 and Ravenge stuck with the old arcade racer formula and crash mode was always fun to play, but Paradise opened up the franchise with an open world to mess around and expand on.

Criterion was always supporting the game post launch with fun Easter eggs like the DeLorean car, adding bikes as a different way to play, and the Big Surf Island expansion.

Paradise still holds a special place my heart for one my favorite racing games of all time and if rumor true I’ll be happy to pick this gem up.

As for all the posers, this is the perfect time to show support for this release if you want to see this franchise to return.

People who don’t like Paradise aren’t real Burnout fans. Sure 3 and Ravenge stuck with the old arcade racer formula and crash mode was always fun to play, but Paradise opened up the franchise with an open world to mess around and expand on.

Criterion was always supporting the game post launch with fun Easter eggs like the DeLorean car, adding bikes as a different way to play, and the Big Surf Island expansion.

Paradise still holds a special place my heart for one my favorite racing games of all time and if rumor true I’ll be happy to pick this gem up.

As for all the posers, this is the perfect time to show support for this release if you want to see this franchise to return.

All of this. People really didn't like Paradise? I played the living hell out of it. They supported the title amazingly with free DLC (yes, free DLC) for a year. The game just kept giving.

xboxster

Need a PC remaster or else this is bullshit. Finally, the opportunity to properly bring all dlc to PC.

Yes, I know there are mods that supposedly add Big Surf, but I've yet to get it to work.

JP

Fantastic, if true. I spent so many hours playing through this on the PS3 and then again on the 360.

I feel like I'm probably the minority here, but I thought the very first burnout was the best. A rather straight forward arcade racer with awesome crashes and damage model. I felt the rest were just rubbish and went too far away from the racing for my liking.

Zimmy68

Paradise was the perfect Burnout game. I loved every mode, open world, DLC, and MP was perfect.
I spent hours on it.
First I am hearing people didn’t like it.

Crash mode, burning routes, car award progression.

Day one for me.

I feel like I'm probably the minority here, but I thought the very first burnout was the best. A rather straight forward arcade racer with awesome crashes and damage model. I felt the rest were just rubbish and went too far away from the racing for my liking.

Would agree with your points, if you had said Burnout 2. 1 is a bit too much like a tech demo.

3 was where EA took over and filled the game with cookie cutter attitude for the kids like every other EA game, replaced an original soundtrack that added to the flow and atmosphere of the game with flavour of the minute kiddy rock, made crashing during races something encouraged/essential, as opposed to something to be avoided while dodging traffic and chaining burnouts in Burnout 2.

Paradise turned it into another open world borefest, where you spend more time finding a race than racing, and a wrong turn on the bland city streets during a race ruins your race.

Lolz at the person above who said people who don't like Paradise aren't "real burnout fans".
What do open worlds have to do with the tight arcade structure of every Burnout that came before Paradise?

Worst Burnout game.

93xfan

Banned
How about a game that isn’t already playable on Xbox one? And why in the world would EA do this before SSX?

Vorg

Banned
The game that killed the burnout franchise. Terrible. Just remaster 3 and 4 and call it a day.

Slash76

TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY

Day one.

:D great song. I loved this game, playing it with some friends it was so good, loved the challenges. It's not the typical burnout, but its the first open world driving game that I really enjoyed.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've bought it twice already, once on disc and later digital when I ditched the discs. So this remaster would have to be pretty spectacular to get me to buy it again.

Would agree with your points, if you had said Burnout 2. 1 is a bit too much like a tech demo.

3 was where EA took over and filled the game with cookie cutter attitude for the kids like every other EA game, replaced an original soundtrack that added to the flow and atmosphere of the game with flavour of the minute kiddy rock, made crashing during races something encouraged/essential, as opposed to something to be avoided while dodging traffic and chaining burnouts in Burnout 2.

Paradise turned it into another open world borefest, where you spend more time finding a race than racing, and a wrong turn on the bland city streets during a race ruins your race.

Lolz at the person above who said people who don't like Paradise aren't "real burnout fans".
What do open worlds have to do with the tight arcade structure of every Burnout that came before Paradise?

Worst Burnout game.

I'm a huge Burnout 2 fan as well; it's my favourite in the series as it blended burnout chains and danger of crashing perfectly. Boosting in B2 was a risk vs reward mechanic which worked best with my taste in arcade racers.

That said, I think that suggesting that Paradise was the worst Burnout game is slightly hyperbolic :p

On topic: More Burnout is always a good thing. I enjoyed Paradise at the time but after all of the hours that I put into it, I don't think I can do another play through. I'd personally rather have the original Burnout trilogy remastered in one package. Hopefully this remaster is a hint that another entry in the series is in the works though.

goldenpp72

I'd be surprised this exist considering their stance on remasters, but would welcome it if they don't add a bunch of shady crap.

Futaleufu

Need a PC remaster or else this is bullshit. Finally, the opportunity to properly bring all dlc to PC.

Yes, I know there are mods that supposedly add Big Surf, but I've yet to get it to work.

I never even got the extra cars to work, only the bikes.

EDIT: it would be hilarious if somehow they manage to add loot boxes.

Petrae

No, thanks. Paradise is the only game in the series that I hated. The move to open-world design sucked the fun out of the game for me. Having to worry about missing turns in races isn’t enjoyable. Losing traditional Crash Junctions hurt a lot.

Burnout 3 is, in my view, far and away the better game. Burnout Revenge is fine. I’d be interested in a Burnout 2 remaster. But not Paradise, 100% nope.

womfalcs3

Banned
I spent over 100 hours on this game last generation. I don't think better visuals will drag me back in. I hope there is new content.

I only care if they change the mini map system. The street name system was so jarring I could never get past it and enjoy the game. Also burnout revenge is a much better game.

Just shows how out of ideas EA are when they are forced to upres a meh racing game because they’ve killed all their other racing franchises.

sublimit

Banned
I don't care if it's the best or worst but Paradise was my first Burnout and really liked it. I'm not interested in buying it again though.

Not Drake

I don't really buy it. Wouldn't it be the very first remaster/late port EA would do on current gen? They just don't seem to be into that stuff. Basically what _Aaron_ said.

I would get it if true though. Burnout Paradise was really fun.

Top Bottom