• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giana Sisters available Sept. 5 on Wii U in Americas (EU eShop sales > PSN sales)

Tripon

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/02/g...e-september-5-on-wii-u-in-americas/#continued
xgianasisterstwisteddreams530.jpg.pagespeed.ic.agp_KGwVir.jpg

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will complete the console circuit with its debut on Wii U on September 5 in the Americas. The game is priced at $14.99 and, according to developer Black Forest Games, will be released in the US, Brazil and Mexico Nintendo eShoppes.

"Our sales on Wii U eShop in Europe are even better than those on PSN Europe. Now we are very curious to see how much the US Nintendo-fans like our game," said Adrian Goersch, managing director at Black Forest.

The Wii U version of Giana fully supports the game through the WiiPad, along with a super easy mode for casual palyers (hardcore and überhardcore are still supported).

Left all typos as they originally are. =P

For comparison, PSN Europe got Giana Sisters on June 23 while the Wii U's European eShop got Giana Sisters on August 22.

Press Release below

IMMEDIATE RELEASE
US Release Date for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Wii U
Black Forest Games' twisted platformer available on Nintendo eShop on 9/05.
Offenburg, August 30, 2013 – On September 5, 2013 Nintendo fans in the US will be able to purchase GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS in Nintendo's eShop for $14.99.
After a hugely successful campaign on Kickstarter and releases for Windows-PC, Xbox360 and PS3, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will be finally available for Nintendo fans in the US, making this the first Kickstarted project that hits all major gaming platforms worldwide. New features include an easy mode for casual and mid-core gamers. This helps refine their skills to meet the challenges of the Hardcore and Uberhardcore game modes. As a feature unique to the Wii U version, the game utilizes the Wii U GamePad as a mobile playing device.
"Our sales on Wii U eShop in Europe are even better than those on PSN Europe. Now we are very curious to see, how much the US Nintendo-fans like our game." Adrian Goersch, Managing Director BFG comments.
Participation in Steam Greenlight Anniversary Sales
As one of the first developers to pass Steam's Greenlight process, Black Forest Games also announced their participation in the Greenlight Anniversary Sales this weekend. To celebrate this with their community, Steam is offering Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams at a discount of 75 % this weekend.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Wii U Features
• Mobile – fully playable on the Wii U GamePad.
• Casual welcome – New easy mode for casual gamers. Hardcore and Uberhardcore Mode still supported.
• Challenging Levels – Discover three distinctive worlds with 23 challenging levels. Each one transforms from fluffy nightmare to spooky dream by a push of a button.
• Personal Style – Whether you like speed run through each of the amazing levels or take your time exploring even the last secret of Giana's dreams. It's up to you.
• Lush graphics – Detailed landscapes morph from lush, colorful surroundings to surreal, spiky nightmare worlds. It doesn't matter how often you'll see it, you'll detect new details every time.
• Amazing puzzles – Blocked pathways open up when Giana transforms: pretty flower beds mutate to thorn covered bushes and diamonds can only be collected in one form or the other.
• Legendary Soundtrack – listen to Chris Hülsbeck's tunes changing from Chiptune to the metal riffs from SID-Rockers Machinae Supremacy.
• Epic battles – from vicious gargoyles to magnificent boss-monsters. You'll need every trick in your sleeves to master all the challenges that lie ahead of Giana.

General Information:
Screenshots and more details about the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams are available on Black Forest Games' website: http://www.GianaSistersTwistedDreams.com
EPK Download: http://project-giana.com/files/m/EPK-Giana_Sisters_Twisted_Dreams.zip

Quotes:
"Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is an aesthetically pleasing journey that's as gorgeous as it is taxing, blending new ideas and old concepts in the same way punk and cute Giana co-exist."
Esmeralda Portillo, Inside gaming daily/Machinima
"Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is an admirable effort that provides an innovative, entertaining and highly challenging experience."
Martin Watts, nintendolife.com
"...it's a very thoughtfully arranged, challenging platformer that six months after its initial release holds up just as well. This currently is, quite frankly, the jump and run of choice."
Martin Woger, Eurogamer.de

Follow us on
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BlackForestTeam
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectGiana
Google+: https://plus.google.com/113961111033905249725

About Black Forest Games:
Founded in 2012, Black Forest Games is an independent game studio focused on high-quality video games. The studio is based in Offenburg, Germany, and currently employs a team of 40 international industry professionals who specialize in building games for all major game platforms. For more information on Black Forest Games please visit the official website at www.black-forest-games.com.

jwk94

I'm curious, why do people enjoy this game? I tried playing the demo on PC and I just couldn't get into it.

Lijik

I'm curious, why do people enjoy this game? I tried playing the demo on PC and I just couldn't get into it.

Sections where you have to keep swapping between the two powers are a delight, and the rest of the game is a solid jump and run with a cool visual style.

JoeFu

Banned
That's pretty cool , reminds me of the interview all the indie devs had with Gamasutra

here's a quote from the Giana sister dude

The main reason for going to the Wii U eShop is that we want to learn what the sales really are on this platform. Unfortunately, none of the digital download majors (Steam, PSN, XBLA, eShop) are providing sales data to developers, or anyone else. That is like flying an X-Wing through the Death Star’s corridors without The Force. So, we have to find out ourselves.

So far we have an idea what it means to be top five on Steam, PSN, XBLA. Let’s see what it means for eShop. For our next game, we will make our decisions based on the lessons we learned. And there are some hard lessons we’ve learned.

Busaiku

Maybe Platformers really will have their niche on Wii U.
The Wii U game is only about 2 weeks out too (PSN game in June).

Though they could just mean it's tracking better.

$14.99 when it was (maybe still is?) on Steam for $3 :p

I'm sure it'll see at least a $5 off sale within a month on the eShop.

It's probably more due to Nintendo fans liking the genre more and there being way less indie competition on the eShop compared to PSN.

In before claims that it only sold well from lack of competition...despite there being tons of platformers on the system, spanning, indie and big company, retail and eShop

Tripon

PSN store is a crowded storefront these days. Not just with games, but with TV, Movies, music, etc.

Sony really needs to clean up the bullshit they stuffed the PSN store with.

$14.99 when it was (maybe still is?) on Steam for $3 :p

I'm sure it'll see at least a $5 off sale within a month on the eShop.

It's probably more due to Nintendo fans liking the genre more and there being way less indie competition on the eShop compared to PSN.

I really doubt this. Maybe next year, but initially they just do 30% or in rare cases 50% discounts.

antonz

Indie success on the 3DS and WiiU are decently high. I know the whole there's nothing else to buy jokes will wear themselves out here. Nintendo has generally made a pretty decent opportunity for smaller developers. Nintendo has turned around a ton since the wii shop

RM8

Well, don't platformers usually sell better on Nintendo platforms? I think this was recently the case as well for Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends and Sonic Generations. Am I right/wrong?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Well, don't platformers usually sell better on Nintendo platforms? I think this was recently the case as well for Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends and Sonic Generations. Am I right/wrong?

I was going to say this. De Blob and Epic Mickey too.

zroid

Banned
In before claims that it only sold well from lack of competition...despite there being tons of platformers on the system, spanning, indie and big company, retail and eShop

Well, we don't know that it sold well, just that it's selling better. :lol

Could be another UK Rayman Legends situation... :<

DaBoss

Wow beating EU PSN? Digital sales on PSN have to be really low for this game.
Well, we don't know that it sold well, just that it's selling better. :lol

Could be another UK Rayman Legends situation... :<
it most likely is a UK Rayman Legends situation, the difference here is that for Indie devs, those numbers would be delightful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great to see it perform well on the eShop - which kinda makes sense since there is way less competition on the WiiU right now compared to what the PS3 offers digital wise and on retail. Its still a positive news after the Rayman Legends UK WiiU version charting above the other versions.

A very cool game that's difficulty reminds me of Rayman Origins in that it's pretty easy to complete the levels but the collection runs, speed runs, and hardcore runs adds the challenge. And mannnnn, that final boss fight

dallow_bg

nods at old men

You do a lot of this "in before" and "in this thread" stuff.
I thought Stump had given you a nudge about that.

Jonm1010

Banned
Well lack of competition helps considering its a solid above average title but nothing incredible.

And let's be honest, the people buying the wiiU obviously have a propensity to seek platforming games seeing as a large portion of Nintendo's flagship on the wiiU is involving that mechanic.

Not sure the point of this post?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why would anyone on PSN buy it over other platformers released around the same time like Guacamelee or Thomas was alone?

How could anyone buy it after playing the demo?
After Giana Sisters DS which was a re-imagining of the original game, I had little hope for this game.

Colby

It makes sense. If you're a platformer lover, you're gonna own a Nintendo console. Nintendo fans seem to love platformers, in general. Look at the insane attach rate of NSMBU to Wii U's.

It's reassuring that some third parties and indies are finding success on Wii U. It's not a total flop just yet.

Tripon

I didn't notice when it was on sale for $3.75 this weekend but I know it was $2.99 in July and I decided to pass. Oh well, it'll be cheap again.

I might pick games like this up if they offer multiple keys for one overall price, or maybe something like they see you bought a game on steam, so for a dollar more, you can get a key for the console platform of your choice.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Super Mario U
Runner 2
Super Luigi U
Ducktails
This
Rayman
Cloudberry Kingdom
Sonic
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Mario 3D World

Im loving it!

me too! a lot..really
and hopefully the sales of this and Rayman could be a good news, to keep the flow steady

Tizoc

This is gonna sound absurd but I suck at wording some of my thoughts so bear with me.

The reason I think this sold so well on the Wii U is prob. because the system has more 'younger' demograph.
While I'm glad it sold well on Wii U, it's a shame it didn't on PSN, I grabbed it day 1 off US PSN, need to get back into it though =P

ahm998

Is this game 720p or 1080p ? there is any difference between Ps3 and Wii U in graphics?

--------------------------------------------------------

For me my wallet crying because of Wii U.

August:
Pikmin 3 get it
Splinter Cell get it
Cloudberry get it.
Pokemon Rumble get it.

September:
Rayman Legends get it.
Wonderful 101 day one.
Giana Sisters day one.
Zelda Wind Waker not in my list.

October:
Sonic Lost world day one.
Wii Party U day one.
Batman Origin day one.

November:
Mario land U day one.
Assasin creed 4 will get late.
Watch Dog day one.
Call of duty Ghost day one.

December:
Donkey kong TF day one.
Wii Fit U day one.

And still waiting for some indie games announcement.

Is this game 720p or 1080p ? there is any difference between Ps3 and Wii U in graphics?

--------------------------------------------------------

For me my wallet crying because of Wii U.

August:
Pikmin 3 get it
Splinter Cell get it
Cloudberry get it.
Pokemon Rumble get it.

September:
Rayman Legends get it.
Wonderful 101 day one.
Giana Sisters day one.
Zelda Wind Waker not in my list.

October:
Sonic Lost world day one.
Wii Party U day one.
Batman Origin day one.

November:
Mario land U day one.
Assasin creed 4 will get late.
Watch Dog day one.
Call of duty Ghost day one.

December:
Donkey kong TF day one.
Wii Fit U day one.

And still waiting for some indie games announcement.

similar to my list

have not preorderd cod ghost, wii party u and wii fit u yet though will get all three definately.

also im getting wind waker LE with the figurine

Yuripaw

Banned
Does anyone know how well this runs on the Wii U? I'd like to get it, but I wanna know if it has a solid framerate. I actually own it on PC, but it runs kinda iffy to me. Especially when I got up to the first boss, it kinda ruined the experience. I'd be glad to double dip on Wii U if it runs solid.

Does anyone know how well this runs on the Wii U? I'd like to get it, but I wanna know if it has a solid framerate. I actually own it on PC, but it runs kinda iffy to me. Especially when I got up to the first boss, it kinda ruined the experience. I'd be glad to double dip on Wii U if it runs solid.
an eshop specific review on this game can be found on nintendolife

VinLAURiA

Banned
Nice. I played the demo on Steam and thoroughly enjoyed it. If it's seeing a Wii U release, I may just have to pick it up there so I can play it with a proper controller.

ahm998

similar to my list

have not preorderd cod ghost, wii party u and wii fit u yet though will get all three definately.

also im getting wind waker LE with the figurine

You know my PS3 & 360 died , and i am still angry because nintendo lose games like merto,rising,bioshock infinity,GTAV,Tomb Raider.

I will keep this game in my list until i get PS4 so i can play them again .

Shame on nitnendo they miss so many nice games from 3rd party.

And i should wait because of my died consoles.

Top Bottom