• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

I just read that Y6 has DLC packs similar to loot boxes where there is a chance to draw better and rarer characters for gang battles. Apparently they are even categorised like in a gacha game. Is that true?

Yes. But I never needed to use them for the main missions. I did need better characters for the extra chapters, but the weird thing is you can just find codes online to get the best characters like Kiryu and Majima which make you incredibly powerful, so I didn't have to pay any extra to get them, so win for me I guess! Strange that the codes weren't one time only codes though, kinda defeats the point of offering DLC loot crates if you can just find codes online like that.

Weiss

Banned
Finished Y0 last night.

I wish I had more time to play it and actually enjoy all the minigames and sidestories. I loved the dead serious crime drama and fell in love with Kiryu and Majima, but only spending so much time on training dominatrixes and disco dancing probably made me miss out on the true Yakuza experience.

I'll try to be more thorough when I play Kiwami.

Opa-Pa

Finished Y0 last night.

I wish I had more time to play it and actually enjoy all the minigames and sidestories. I loved the dead serious crime drama and fell in love with Kiryu and Majima, but only spending so much time on training dominatrixes and disco dancing probably made me miss out on the true Yakuza experience.

Don't force yourself to. Kiwami is great, but the sub stories are largely unchanged from the original PS2 game, so they're way more simple and less exciting in comparison. If anything finishing Kiwami made me go back to 0 because I did the same as you, haha.

I just saw a Yakuza Kiwami ad on How Long to Beat!
I just read that Y6 has DLC packs similar to loot boxes where there is a chance to draw better and rarer characters for gang battles. Apparently they are even categorised like in a gacha game. Is that true?
Shadow already explained it nicely. I just wanted to add to it a bit and say that part is (to my understanding) for an optional mini-game/side activity.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...kamurocho-in-yakuza-6s-clan-creator-minigame/

Strange that the codes weren't one time only codes though, kinda defeats the point of offering DLC loot crates if you can just find codes online like that.
SEGA trying to milk us dry but still stuck in that old-school mentality, bless them.

Finished Y0 last night.

You can always go back to the game on Premium Adventure Mode and clear any of the sidestuff that you missed.

Shanaynay

I watched a video of the final fight of Y0 just now and it's still as epic as it was when i did it myself, everything about the pacing of the fight is perfect and the music is simply outstanding.

I oughta replay 0 and do a "LEGEND" run.

Gacha-pin

Yes. But I never needed to use them for the main missions. I did need better characters for the extra chapters, but the weird thing is you can just find codes online to get the best characters like Kiryu and Majima which make you incredibly powerful, so I didn't have to pay any extra to get them, so win for me I guess! Strange that the codes weren't one time only codes though, kinda defeats the point of offering DLC loot crates if you can just find codes online like that.

The characters (SR) you can unlock with the codes that are spreading on the internet are different from the DLC characters (SSR) you can purchase on the psn. The latter got higher stats.

I just saw a Yakuza Kiwami ad on How Long to Beat!

Shadow already explained it nicely. I just wanted to add to it a bit and say that part is (to my understanding) for an optional mini-game/side activity.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...kamurocho-in-yakuza-6s-clan-creator-minigame/

Google keeps you under surveillance.

Opa-Pa

So, I remember reading an interview to one of the members from the new localization team months ago, where this person talked about how after Sega recruited him, he decided to play through the entire series to gain a good understanding of it and become a fan himself.

I think I read it before playing them myself, but it was pretty inspiring. I don't remember what site it was or who the interviewed is though, could anyone help find it? Would be nice to read it again now that I'm 100% in.

Playing through Yakuza 4, finished Part 1.

That was pretty cool. Loved the slow build up and the mystery aspect looming in the background. Akiyama is such a breath of fresh air. Love how chill and contained he is. The scene where he
casually asks Lily "Why are you going around killing people?"
was so good
. The whole loan shark
but not really
aspect is pretty fun too and loved the few sub quests built around it. Felt really fresh.

Part 1 ending
That Majima scene was intriguing af. Wonder where that will lead.
Must say that enjoyed the portrayal of Majima in Y3 and 4 much more than in Kiwami.
He's still crazy and eccentric but more grounded and "in control" let's say. He's way closer to what I expected coming from Zero.

Thing is, I must ask.
Is that it for the Akiyama part of the story? Man, that was short, and I really didn't get enough of the dude. I don't think I fought any remarkable boss even, maybe that Majima goon in chapter 4 but that's about it.

Anyway, game is going great so far.

Opa-Pa

^
Yeah, sadly chapters are extremely short unless you do lots of side stories. I think it was in the Kiwami thread that I recommended someone not to rush the story because of this.

The last chapter you get to play as everyone and can use it to complete side stories and other content you missed in the individual chapters though.

Balance and chapter length feel very affected by the introduction of multiple characters, but the payoff at the end is pretty cool. However they didn't really strike a good balance until 0 IMO. There are some... Questionable choices regarding the writing in places, but that's a different topic.

Toki as Kashiwagi eh? That could work. I pictured him as more of a Kazama myself. Glad to see they are using the VA for Shinada again :) Still no Majima reveal though?, guess they might be saving that for TGS? Can't see them not using him in the game in some capacity (unless I missed the announcement?)

Anyway, after around 126 hours I'm finally calling it a day on Yakuza 0. With the 100% trophy got all I have left to do is the climax battles (can't wait to get stuck into those!) and that horrid cat fighting trophy... Absolutely loved going after the 100% again though, so much awesome stuff to do. Heck, even managed to smack both Amon's up on hard mode this time (I remember dropping the difficulty last time). Jo was actually ok with all of Majima's powers, but So was a bit of an asshole, nothing 007 Kiryu couldn't handle with a little help from his golden gun though! (golden gun to get full heat bar > dragon style combos and repeat again... worked like a charm!)

Gacha-pin

I thought Akiyama was the perfect fit for Rei. But I don't complain as I didn't expect to see Shinada again :D

I guess
maxresdefault.jpg

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Hokuto-ga-Gotoku-kyo-o.jpg

I thought Akiyama was the perfect fit for Rei. But I don't complain as I didn't expect to see Shinada again :D

I guess

It would make sense, especially the fact they are staying tight lipped on his real identity and VA for now, but I pictured him more as Shimano just due to the stature. Well, either him or Goda but I can't imagine them not using Goda as Raoh.

Opa-Pa

Just saw some gameplay for the clan mini game from Yakuza 6... This guy had Majima, Saejima, Akiyama, Date and Amon fighting for him, holy shit. I can't wait for this game.

Stuck on Yakuza 4;

Where is Theatre Underground? I can't find it.

Near the coin lockers left to Millennium Tower I think, there should be an escalator.

Scotia

Banned
Just saw some gameplay for the clan mini game from Yakuza 6... This guy had Majima, Saejima, Akiyama, Date and Amon fighting for him, holy shit. I can't wait for this game.

Near the coin lockers left to Millennium Tower I think, there should be an escalator.

Yeah I literally just found it lol. Thanks though

Desmond

Some of the VAs for Hokuto ga Gotoku are revealed.
http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/hokuto-ga-gotoku/#character-area

シン: Shin-->Nishiki
トキ: Toki-->Kashiwagi
レイ: Rei-->Shinada
ユリア: Yuria-->Yoshino

I don't know what the above characters are called in fist of the north star so I'm posting the original name in Japanese.

Shinada? Great. RGG6 spoiler
I'm annoyed he didn't at least appear in the first chapter with Akiyama and Saejima.

Getting Amon (at least the way I did it) was a pain in the ass. As you have to beat his missions in the clan mini game to unlock him. And they are easily the toughest missions in the entire game. Only issue I have is after unlocking him I had no further missions to play so I had nothing to do with him!

^
Yeah, sadly chapters are extremely short unless you do lots of side stories. I think it was in the Kiwami thread that I recommended someone not to rush the story because of this.

The last chapter you get to play as everyone and can use it to complete side stories and other content you missed in the individual chapters though.

Balance and chapter length feel very affected by the introduction of multiple characters, but the payoff at the end is pretty cool. However they didn't really strike a good balance until 0 IMO. There are some... Questionable choices regarding the writing in places, but that's a different topic.

Yeah, I need to finish the whole thing thing before judging, but I think I prefer swapping between character every few chapters over dividing the game into 4 short chunks.

That's said... Damn. Finished Part 2 Chapter 1 and that was seriously amazing. Such a strong start for the part.

Yakuza 4 - Part 2 - Chapter 2
What's with Kiryu saying that Saejima threw himself on 13 years old Haruka because he hasn't have a woman in 10 years!? This all kinds of wrong even by Japanese standard. Especially with Kiryu not caring about it too much and even judging him to be a good person after.

Opa-Pa

What's with Kiryu saying that Saejima threw himself on 13 years old Haruka because he hasn't have a woman in 10 years!? This all kinds of wrong even by Japanese standard. Especially with Kiryu not caring about it too much and even judging him to be a good person after.

Yeah.... That's what I meant with questionable choices. Feels very unnecessary and it's absurdly out of character for Kiryu too IMO :l there's nothing else like that in the series, thankfully.

Yeah, that was very weird.

Yeah.... That's what I meant with questionable choices. Feels very unnecessary and it's absurdly out of character for Kiryu too IMO :l there's nothing else like that in the series, thankfully.

Yeah, that was very weird.

It's such a fucked up and unnecessary scene since Kiryu has figure already that
Saejima was in prison and since I assumed - and still assuming since I don't want to hate the character - that he was just trying to stop here from calling Kiryu so he can escape the police.

Thankfully everything else in part 2 was on point. Such a fucked up brain fart, though.

Got to about halfway through Saejima's part and I'm really liking him. Dude's awesome.

Huzzah. With you and me I think that makes 2 Sejima fans on Neogaf! I really like his character, especially in 5 where he gets his damn haircut (so he doesn't look like a hobo anymore!). Love his move set, slower, but really heavy hitting with some awesome heat moves.

Scotia

Banned
Huzzah. With you and me I think that makes 2 Sejima fans on Neogaf! I really like his character, especially in 5 where he gets his damn haircut (so he doesn't look like a hobo anymore!). Love his move set, slower, but really heavy hitting with some awesome heat moves.

Yeah I'm just really liking his character at the moment. Looking forward to seeing his interactions with
Majima
. The shit with
Haruka
was weird af but I'm hoping it was just a one-off random moment that won't happen again. I'm also loving Saejima's reactions to seeing Kamurocho after
being in jail for 25 years

Yeah I'm just really liking his character at the moment. Looking forward to seeing his interactions with
Majima
. The shit with
Haruka
was weird af but I'm hoping it was just a one-off random moment that won't happen again. I'm also loving Saejima's reactions to seeing Kamurocho after
being in jail for 25 years

Yeah, some of Seijima's reactions to "modern" stuff is hilarious, there's a bit with DVD's in one of his side missions I think which really cracked me up.

Top Bottom