• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 may be coming in April, there's reason to believe that

Glass Joe

I wonder if maybe they're considering a Zelda: Wind Waker situation of releasing it digitally early or in a special bundle before it hits standard retail.

I know they said the way they promoted Zelda was not going to become a standard practice or a pattern. However, it seemed to work out really well for them. If I was Nintendo and I could convince someone to buy a digital copy over a retail one, I sure as hell would.

Plus, there's the timing. They need to get that game out ASAP. DK is great but a 3 month gap is a momentum killer. Again, not unlike Zelda Wind Waker.

A physical retailer like amazon.com being cryptic with the release date does nothing to support this theory, however.

it is NOT coming in April, is just an amazon date algorithm glitch (i posted on the other thread)

wutfzj47.jpg

Some Nobody

Ah well. Evidence is piling up. I suppose it doesn't really matter since MK8 is the one game that will sell for them if it comes out in April, May, or June.

Andrew.

Banned
Well my dad works for Nintendo and he says it might be out earlier than the 30th because Nintendo loves it's fans and knows they're pining for something new.

Take that, Schreier!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I love Nintendo but this generation is starting to look like the Mario generation... they have to be careful about fatigue and thread very softly!

Well my dad works for Nintendo and he says it might be out earlier than the 30th because Nintendo loves it's fans and knows they're pining for something new.

Take that, Schreier!

Yeah? Well I'm best friends with Iwata, and he thinks this whole debacle is silly and pointless!

I was planning to wait to preorder to see if there would be any collector's edition or anything like that but I had to go ahead and preorder today! Saying April 16-23 Please be true!!

jmizzal

Nintendo of Canada just posted something on Facebook about MK8 and they still say May 30th.

Nintendo (Reggie I think) once said there wont be a NDS redesign and the next week announced the DSi, so they wont say anything until its officially announced as a change if its true

Glass Joe

I love Nintendo but this generation is starting to look like the Mario generation... they have to be careful about fatigue and thread very softly!

How do you figure that? There's a 2D Mario that launched with the console and a 3D Mario that came out during X-mas. And now Mario Kart. I suppose you could add Luigi U to the mix, but that is better categorized as NSMB U DLC. There's more Batman games than Mario games on the U.

taco543

Imma take this with a grain of salt seems to good to be true. Plus all over Nintendos calendar it still says may 30...

Glass Joe

NOA just told me the date of May 30 hasn't changed. FYI.

PR reps only deal with official information though. If it were to change internally, they wouldn't be privy to that or be allowed to leak it until it became official. Not that I think that's at all the case here, just sayin' they wouldn't stray from "the book" until the book has changed for them.

Log4Girlz

Those things are so big and fake that it's comical anyway.

I'd rather just stare at Jesus.

I've seen the uncensored and they are natural. Some girls have very fat and firm natural breasts. At the very least if she had work done then she was previously very busty.

OmegaFax

Super Mario 3D World was originally slated for December 2013 in the E3 Nintendo Direct last year and came out in November.

It's possible that Nintendo moved the release date up from May to April.

I asked a buddy of mine who works in Nintendo retail/marketing about this and he said (as I expected) that it's just a glitch on Amazon's end. Mario Kart 8's release date has not been changed; he and his team have several MK 8 demo events at various retailers scheduled for early- and mid-May to push the game's May 30th launch.

I guess there's a slim possibility that he just hasn't gotten official word yet, but yeah, don't get your hopes up.

And no, I'm not providing pics or proof as I couldn't reveal his name either way. If you don't want to believe me, no worries.

kitsuneyo

Guy on another forum just told me his Hut (UK) pre-order also gives a dispatch date of 18th April. He's a trustworthy fellow. So if it's a glitch, it's not exclusive to Amazon.

I asked a buddy of mine who works in Nintendo retail/marketing about this and he said (as I expected) that it's just a glitch on Amazon's end. Mario Kart 8's release date has not been changed; he and his team have several MK 8 demo events at various retailers scheduled for early- and mid-May to push the game's May 30th launch.

I guess there's a slim possibility that he just hasn't gotten official word yet, but yeah, don't get your hopes up.

And no, I'm not providing pics or proof as I couldn't reveal his name either way. If you don't want to believe me, no worries.

Hoping the stores in my city are participating in this event. I missed out the E3 event because my local Best Buy wasn't doing it.

Logistically...realistically...it's just not something Nintendo would do.

They are already significantly invested in the May 30th date. They've given notice to retailers / distributors, have planned production for May 30th, and have tied their marketing campaigns around that date.

I could imagine a surprise release date, but not regressing from a previously announced one. Nintendo delays release dates...they don't push them forward. May 30th release means an extra month for bug fixing / polishing before it goes gold, and an extra month for exposure.

Logistically...realistically...it's just not something Nintendo would do.

They are already significantly invested in the May 30th date. They've given notice to retailers / distributors, have planned production for May 30th, and have tied their marketing campaigns around that date.

I could imagine a surprise release date, but not regressing from a previously announced one. Nintendo delays release dates...they don't push them forward. May 30th release means an extra month for bug fixing / polishing before it goes gold, and an extra month for exposure.

How can you say this when they just moved 3D World up about the same amount of time last Holiday?

I think that it's a mistake too but it's very weird that another retailer made the exact same mistake. It could be that they both go through the same distributor and that's where the mistake originated.

How can you say this when they just moved 3D World up about the same amount of time last Holiday?

I think that it's a mistake too but it's very weird that another retailer made the exact same mistake. It could be that they both go through the same distributor and that's where the mistake originated.

No. Listen:

1) At E3 2013, Nintendo announced a generic, tentative release date of "December 2013" to Super Mario 3D World

2) In late August, Nintendo clarified and stated Super Mario 3D World would definitively release on November 22nd, nine days before December. They did not waver from that final date.

That is much, MUCH more different than Mario Kart 8's case.

When Nintendo definitively reveals a release date, they orient every further action around that particular date. Everything is meticulously planned to meet that particular date. If Nintendo announced "May 2013" and released it in late April, I could understand...but no...it's a lot harder for Nintendo to announce a date and then suddenly roll that date back an entire month on a whim.

It doesn't make sense for their company to do such an action.

Top Bottom