• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

Gold Member
Iwata really trolled us.

"Let's talk about Miiverse and system updates. Now, slowly rereleasing Virtual Console titles. Now, games you already know about. Hmm, but what if I said Mario and Mario Kart at E3? Oh? You already expected those? Well then... YoshiSMTxFEWindWakerHDZeldaWiiUdetailsXenobladesequel, alright."

Sums it up pretty well. lol

SS4Rob

Is the VC out now?!

To answer my own post, I typed "Balloon" in the eShop search box and Balloon Fight popped up! I was originally looking for a big banner on the main page - maybe Nintendo will get around to that later, heh. Here's 30 cents for Balloon Fight yet again, thanks (yes, I am part of the problem)! Oh, and it's 35 megs!

So what are the chances now that Retro is working on Donkey Kong or Metroid?

wiiu-2.jpg

Tehalemi

List of announcements:

* Improvements to Miiverse

* Improvements to increase the speed of the Wii U OS

* Nintendo EAD Tokyo working on 3D Mario confirmed

* New Trailer for The Wonderful 101

* Wii Party sequel announced

* Nintendo EAD No. 3 working on Wii U Zelda confirmed

* Mario Kart Wii U and Smash Bros. Wii U and 3D Mario to be at E3

* Wind Waker HD Remake to be released this fall

* Monolith Soft's open-world game "X" announced

* Good-Feel's new game "Yoshi's Land" announced

* Atlus and Intelligent Systems Collaboration "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem" announced

* Wii U Virtual Console announced, only NES and SNES to start

BEST ND EVER.

NINTENDO JUST DROPPED THE BOMB.

HYPE EXCEEDED.

lets+post+random+gifs+in+its+celebration+_eba1adc179ede327974c4fe943f396a8.gif

Ladies and gentlemen...the countdown to E3 begins!

GET HYPE!!!

i+love+gifs+_cfcfe5901df67307eb52ad4eacbd3592.gif

3714035+_79ab6b48550b24501c5ba5df7dece1a4.gif

DaBoss

Not too thrilled about Yoshi being more Yoshi's Story than Yoshi's Island and it being another outsourced affair....
So...
we got our Resident Evils, Yoshi's Land and Super Mario WiiU.... What is missing from that Master of Miiverse list?

Well we don't know the gameplay completely. It could be a challenging platformer, so who knows.

Now about the Master of Miiverse list:
hhvNo00.jpg

Super Mario WiiU - NSMBU
Metroid - Super Metroid (Retro working on new metroid?)
Zombie - ZombiU
Yoshi Land - Good Feel Yoshi game
Flipnote Studio - it's gonna come obviously
Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong VC? Another DKC?
Wii Fit - Wii Fit U
Soul Hackers - SMT X Fire Emblem was announced, though not directly related. Tthey may have been talking about getting Soul Hackers ported to Wii U instead of 3DS?
Resident Evils - Revelation: Unveiled, and maybe RE6?
Metal Gear Soild - lol Kojima doesn't care
Final Fantasy 3 - Virtual Console?
Dragon Quest 10 - chances of it being localized are small

Mael

Well we don't know the gameplay completely. It could be a challenging platformer, so who knows.

I'll remain optimistic, I was pretty badly burned by Story and Universal Gravitation...
Heck Yoshi's Story could be challenging if you did the challenges

Now about the Master of Miiverse list:
hhvNo00.jpg

Super Mario WiiU - NSMBU

They also said they're showing a new 3D Mario so it's that, after all this pic was taken when NSMBU was out

Metroid - Super Metroid (Retro working on new metroid?)
Let's hope it's less Other M and more anything else

Flipnote Studio - it's gonna come obviously
It was supposed to come on 3DS, they really got sidetracked on that one...
My gf will absolutely love that.

Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong VC? Another DKC?

Cool be the Retro project they said everyone want them to do...

Soul Hackers - SMT X Fire Emblem was announced, though not directly related. Tthey may have been talking about getting Soul Hackers ported to Wii U instead of 3DS?
Resident Evils - Revelation: Unveiled, and maybe RE6?
yep on both count

Metal Gear Soild - lol Kojima doesn't care

Nintendo is strangely interested in Kojima's stuff, after all they were the driving force behind the remake of MGS, not that it amount to anything...

Final Fantasy 3 - Virtual Console?
To be fair do we even want a new non VC FF?

Dragon Quest 10 - chances of it being localized are small

DQ10 being a MMO hurts its chance of localisation other than that it would be a sure thing.
Heck I totally expect Nintnedo to publish DQVII here.

DaBoss

I'll remain optimistic, I was pretty badly burned by Story and Universal Gravitation...
Heck Yoshi's Story could be challenging if you did the challenges
Never played Yoshi's Story. It looked pretty dull and slow compared to Yoshi's Island. Epic Yarn was easy, but not easy to 100%. I wouldn't say it was boring though, it was enjoyable and relaxing.

They also said they're showing a new 3D Mario so it's that, after all this pic was taken when NSMBU was out
True, but regardless of what it is supposed to represent, this one is a given.

Nintendo is strangely interested in Kojima's stuff, after all they were the driving force behind the remake of MGS, not that it amount to anything...
Well MGR isn't coming to Wii U. Grounds Zero was announced for PS360 wasn't it?

To be fair do we even want a new non VC FF?
:lol

DQ10 being a MMO hurts its chance of localisation other than that it would be a sure thing.
Heck I totally expect Nintnedo to publish DQVII here.
Yea, I do think DQVII has a good chance of coming here.

This one was clearly in reaction to poor sales, they almost never use it to show games that are over six months off. There was plenty of "We know you want an announcement, so we'll tell you we're working on this, just wait for E3 and buy the system now, okay?" in there.

This was a panicky Nintendo Direct and that's pretty great.
Do you think Nintendo will stay quiet until June? Spring is probably going to be rough if Sony and Microsoft reveal what they have up their sleeves and sales slow as they always do in the Spring. I wouldn't expect video of Mario Kart or anything, but maybe something more substantial than Wii fit U or the virtual console.
While I'm SCREAMING and CRYING. The fact that most all these games will come out in like 3 years is a mess.
Zelda is the only game that will probably take that long. Everything else will probably hit by late 2014 at the worst. Maaaaybe they'd save Smash for Spring 2015, but that depends on the Wii U's sales situation.

Copenap

So Nintendo truely delivered, huh? Who would have thought.

I was already pretty sure to get one sometime during the next two month but now I'm 100% sold.

They needed to show some big guns today, they did. I can't help to think they announced some games earlier to keep people interested in the Wii U.

The Wind Waker remake and Lego City have my interest mainly right now. Not a huge Mario fan (I know, I know I'm a bad person).

Mael

Never played Yoshi's Story. It looked pretty dull and slow compared to Yoshi's Island. Epic Yarn was easy, but not easy to 100%. I wouldn't say it was boring though, it was enjoyable and relaxing.

Yoshi's Story could have been absolutely fantastic if it wasn't easier than Kirby Dream Land and actually as long as Kirby Dream Land.
Universal Gravitation is horrible and no one should remember it.
I didn't play Epic Yarn, not the Kirby I wanted, it being insultingly easy didn't help.
I loved Kirby Returns though.

True, but regardless of what it is supposed to represent, this one is a given.

Well yeah we all knew it was coming for sure.

Well MGR isn't coming to Wii U. Grounds Zero was announced for PS360 wasn't it?

Well I guess Koji got WiiU dev kits and played a little with it so it could be that (and I'm pretty sure it's just that)

Yea, I do think DQVII has a good chance of coming here.
Even then thinking about it if the cost isn't to high I can totally see DQX coming.
DQVII is coming at least in the US, that's more than a given.
Nintendo will pony up at the very least for it like they did for pretty much all Nintendo based DQ.

Kouriozan

I seriously feel E3 2006'd right now. Holy shit, news EVERYWHERE. I wish I had watched this in real time with GAF.
Yeah you should have.
"Where are my games"
"Wtf how to use Miiverse for babies"
"Iwata, what are you doing?? :("
"OMG WHAT WAS THAT"
"Holy sh*t"
"Iwata I LOVE YOU"

DaBoss

Yoshi's Story could have been absolutely fantastic if it wasn't easier than Kirby Dream Land and actually as long as Kirby Dream Land.
Universal Gravitation is horrible and no one should remember it.
I didn't play Epic Yarn, not the Kirby I wanted, it being insultingly easy didn't help.
I loved Kirby Returns though.
Well we have to remember one thing though. Takashi Tezuka is closely supervising it, so good things are bound to happen to the Good Feel Yoshi game.

No hype for the new party game from nintendo? I havent even seen it listed in any summary lists.

Edit: My eyes have failed me but there is still no thread and no hype :(

Principate

Saint Titanfall
TBF the real battle ground is this Christmas and next year, which where we'll have a solid idea of how the consoles stand in comparison to each other. So I'm guessing that's where most of these will come out. Until then I'd expect a 3DS like drought,

ChaosXVI

The fact that the Yoshi game did turn out to be real gives me great hope for the rest of that list from Trike...My money is on Retro working on Metroid AND a new DKC, what with their ballooning in size to possibly split into 2 teams.

That said, I'm already planning on getting a Wii U whenever I can actually afford it, but a new Retro-developed Metroid would get me to go to Walter White lengths to get one.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The lack of solid release dates is worrying me. Even with all the titles they've announced, we might still go through a drought.

As long as a few of these are releasing by the fall, Monster Hunter will tide me over for at least half a year. Haha.

I hope Pikmn and Wonderful 101 make the late Spring / Early Summer release, so the wait is bearable. Virtual Console releases won't really do much for me, unless they decide to add online play (like they did for Street Fighter and Puyo Puyo on Wii) into games like Super Mario Kart, or if they decide to release games not yet on the Wii VC.

effzee

So what are the chances now that Retro is working on Donkey Kong or Metroid?

wiiu-2.jpg

What does this image relate to?

Might be old but first time I am seeing it.

Is it a leaked list of potential games? And how do we know that? Or just some communities someone created?

Please explain!

Darryl

Banned
The fact that the Yoshi game did turn out to be real gives me great hope for the rest of that list from Trike...My money is on Retro working on Metroid AND a new DKC, what with their ballooning in size to possibly split into 2 teams.

That said, I'm already planning on getting a Wii U whenever I can actually afford it, but a new Retro-developed Metroid would get me to go to Walter White lengths to get one.

i'd say this is most likely scenario as well, with the info that Zelda is being made by EAD. Metroid is probably in priority

Linkhero1

As long as a few of these are releasing by the fall, Monster Hunter will tide me over for at least half a year. Haha.

I hope Pikmn and Wonderful 101 make the late Spring / Early Summer release, so the wait is bearable. Virtual Console releases won't really do much for me, unless they decide to add online play (like they did for Street Fighter and Puyo Puyo on Wii) into games like Super Mario Kart, or if they decide to release games not yet on the Wii VC.

It sucks for me since I'm not into Monster Hunter games. All I'm looking forward to from now until they announce release dates are Rayman Legends and Revelations.

VICI0US

just got home from work, kind of bummed I didn't get to watch the gafmeltdowns live in real time, but good lord did that direct deliver.

wonderful 101 looks fantastic, bayo 2 talk sounds very promising

X was mindblowingly amazing

SMTxFE I dont even know what to say, completely out of left field and completely awesome.

a tuned up, HD remake of WW while they work on a franchise reboot of zelda for Wii-U

smash 4 info at e3 along with playable mario kart U and 3D mario

awesome stuff.

andthebeatgoeson

No way they launch Mario 3D and Mario Kart this year, the same year. Probably just Wind Waker, Mario Kart and something else for this holiday. Zelda is probably 2 holidays out. I wonder where they fit in Mario and Smash next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom