• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm halfway through the podcast, only hearing the NES Mini talk so far. Was it recorded before the SNES Mini rumours appeared online? Thought it was odd that the possibility of Nintendo moving production to that wasn't brought up outside of Damiani briefly using a hypothetical NES Mini 2 release.

Yea. They recorded it Tuesday night, the SNES rumors showed up Weds Morning

Axass

Yesterday I finished watching Reaction Shots and I must say I'm impressed.

Ian was a fantastic host, bringing in the patrons' comments and moving forward the conversation. Huber was a little less talkative then usual, but still totally involved in the discussion. The guest seems a very intelligent and prepared guy, I like him and hope he comes back next month.

The curtains and closer couch setting was a stroke of genius, the theme of the podcast was developed in a very thoughtful and professional way and the quote game was concise and interesting. I'm happy they're thinking about doing a commentary track for the monthly movie and that they're announcing what they'll be talking about early, so that one can come in having watched the movies.

To sum it up, it was excellent, can't think about anything I'd change.

Axass

For sure! Would love to see Andrea pop up on some of the videos or group stream. And since they mentioned her in the video, Elyse too! I know she was in one of the earlier Easy Updates, but haven't seen her since.

Brandon said on Cup of Jones that there are problems having some former GT employees on camera with them due to their contracts with other media companies focused on gaming. I'm afraid he was talking about Elyse and Funhaus, especially since in a previous Cup of Jones he kinda threw shade at them, saying he asked to do a collab but they refused.

Budi

Brandon said on Cup of Jones that there are problems having some former GT employees on camera with them due to their contracts with other media companies focused on gaming. I'm afraid he was talking about Elyse and Funhaus, especially since in a previous Cup of Jones he kinda threw shade at them, saying he asked to do a collab but they refused.

Wow really? I mean I'm not a fan of Funhaus myself, even though Elyse is there. But that refusal has to be because of some higher ups. Need to check that Cup of Jones soon.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I don't remember this. Can you tell me the timestamp of that part?
Be careful not to link given it's a patreon exclusive. I only remember Jones speaking about scheduling difficulties based on geographical realities as well as people having certain work hours and them having certain recordings times. The other reason of people having contracts that would forbid at least Andrea doesn't seem to fall under that. I would find it weird if Elyse does. I know that other Funhaus members have guested on things like the Cooptional podcast.

Hasney

now that was a very good listen...

ok I have to check KF more now that colin is out, that podcast part felt really good and now I have to check it complete

Yeah, Greg seems to be more toned down too as he can be overbearing sometimes, but Tmis especially great. I may have to try them again.

He also said not to read into things like that because no-one knows, like we all speculated about things with GT going to Defy. Elyse could just be stupidly busy, I know she was doing her own show about Muppets outside of the daily work she does for Funhaus. For all we know, it could be Matt Blair.

Axass

I don't remember this. Can you tell me the timestamp of that part?
Be careful not to link given it's a patreon exclusive. I only remember Jones speaking about scheduling difficulties based on geographical realities as well as people having certain work hours and them having certain recordings times. The other reason of people having contracts that would forbid at least Andrea doesn't seem to fall under that. I would find it weird if Elyse does. I know that other Funhaus members have guested on things like the Cooptional podcast.

I wish I remembered which one it was, there are 25 Cup of Jones out at the moment. I do remember him talking about Funhaus in particular though, someone asked him about collabs for the 3rd or 4th time and he said something along the lines of "you also have to take into consideration the fact the other party may not be willing to do a collab".

But don't put too much weight on my words, as my mind may be playing tricks on me. Don't want to spread misinformation, I'll see if I can find it, I think it was between E3 and the GOTYs.

He also said not to read into things like that because no-one knows, like we all speculated about things with GT going to Defy. Elyse could just be stupidly busy, I know she was doing her own show about Muppets outside of the daily work she does for Funhaus. For all we know, it could be Matt Blair.

Sure. It's weird though that Elyse has been a guest only once on Easy Update and never again in any other EZA show in a whole year.

Yeah, Greg seems to be more toned down too as he can be overbearing sometimes, but Tmis especially great. I may have to try them again.

According to Blair's LinkedIn, he works for Viacom now, so it's completely possible they don't want him appearing on camera for stuff.

Hasney

According to Blair's LinkedIn, he works for Viacom now, so it's completely possible they don't want him appearing on camera for stuff.

https://twitter.com/ThirstyParagon/status/850933188428005376

Not sure maybe he has learned that he isn't allowed since then but judging by that answer it sounds like the possibility exists on his side.

Yeah, honestly, I was just throwing out another name. A lotta people came and went during the Viacom days because they were huuuuge. I forgot the name of the girl that was really into Assasins Creed, but she was pretty cool. Megan someone?

Axass

Ok, I found it. It's Cup of Jones - 09/12/16 starting at the 13:33 mark.

He definitely did not throw shade at them, and he was talking more about the past than the present, but he did say he tried hard to have the Funhaus guys on GT Live and they said they weren't interested.

So, yeah, that certainly doesn't have to do with Elyse in particular, but still...

EDIT: Where does Matt work btw?

Mista Koo

Are previous Cups of Jones worth watching? I think I've only watched two since I became a patron.

Yeah, honestly, I was just throwing out another name. A lotta people came and went during the Viacom days because they were huuuuge. I forgot the name of the girl that was really into Assasins Creed, but she was pretty cool. Megan someone?
Megan Rugh. I don't know her, but I was wondering if she was the one Kyle mentioned working with him on Keighley's show. Googled her and apparently she's marrying Matt Blair.

Budi

Are previous Cups of Jones worth watching? I think I've only watched two since I became a patron.

Megan Rugh. I don't know her, but I was wondering if she was the one Kyle mentioned working with him on Keighley's show. Googled her and apparently she's marrying Matt Blair.

Wow really? That's cool, congrats to both! And yes Megan was working for Keighley at the Youtube show.

When GT was still running but big group of people were cut off, I asked for Justin Speer appearance in GT Live. I remember Brandon saying that it isn't possible, or atleast wasn't at the time. I really don't remember exactly why it was, but it was related to his new job.

ito007

This is really awesome. I miss them both

Auctopus

When GT was still running but big group of people were cut off, I asked for Justin Speer appearance in GT Live. I remember Brandon saying that it isn't possible, or atleast wasn't at the time. I really don't remember exactly why it was, but it was related to his new job.

Ah, that's a bummer but worth knowing, I guess. I requested Speer for a Frame Trap but didn't get a response, I guess that's why.

Heh, funny that people are just now finding out. They were dating long before Matt ever worked at GT.

Ultimadrago

Brand Manager Jones *sniffle* ;__;

Patreon is down for me, whats it about?

It's largely a call of recognition and thanks to all of the Patrons and viewers that may not have their names called out or casually referenced due to lack of familiarity/proximity. It's simply a heart-warming message, as he does.

He also touched on the Twitch moderators, which I'm glad is being brought up to them in passing, as I've had a bad experience dealing with one myself when typing out a simple comment (which was an opinion they didn't like) in the chat. I'm glad it's being brought to Jones' attention.

Patreon is down for me, whats it about?
He called out you, Sheentak, specifically for lack of support and then ate a shoe. It was pretty shocking to be honest

it's about including and appreciating everyone as much as possible and not wanting patrons to feel left out compared to other members of the community

Karu

Arms is a game no one would be excited for if it were coming out next week on PSN. But because it's one of like 3 games for Switch it has so much attention.
Probably true lol.
On the other hand the game coming from Nintendo alone, especially now with the Splatoon record, makes it way more of an interesting proposition to me. If I get a Switch sometime down the line and Arms released five month ago, I don't know if I were still interested, though. Mhh.
By the way... you were totally right, I was wrong who used that "a lesser game would wouldn't.."-phrase on the podcast. Not even my second choice... :D

@Hasney
You should definitely check them out, but in terms of Greg toning it down... just a look at some of their recent thumbnails tells a slightly different story :D In general it is always a gamble with him. When there is a discussion going on etc. he can definitely be the calmest and most reasonable person in the room. Other times he plays it up, for sure.

New Cup of Jones was great. Very much appreciated.

After watching all the group streams, Fiasconauts and whatnot, I will turn to Ben's Xenoblade stream while going through Persona. The moment you first enter the leg-area with the awesome soundtrack kicking in, is fantastic. How they manage to cram that huge world into the meager Wii, I do not know.

Auctopus

He also touched on the Twitch moderators, which I'm glad is being brought up to them in passing, as I've had a bad experience dealing with one myself when typing out a simple comment (which was an opinion they didn't like) in the chat. I'm glad it's being brought to Jones' attention.

I haven't watched the episode yet so I don't know the details but this is a pleasant surprise. As good a job as the Twitch mods do to keep out hate/spoilers/other unwanted material etc. from the chat - they can be equally tough on seemingly harmless interactions/chatter and sometimes come across a cliquey to other members.

NuttSack

Cup of Jones was full of Love and Respect, I feel like it should be public to reach out as much people as possible that feel left out.

I have a question : Is there a way to gift a Patreon pledge to other users?

Cup of Jones was full of Love and Respect, I feel like it should be public to reach out as much people as possible that feel left out.

I have a question : Is there a way to gift a Patreon pledge to other users?
Yea that was a good one. This like the L&R one is an episode that would be cool to open it up to all. Maybe after a month or so.

I'm not aware of being to gift Patreon pledges to others.

Edit: I also want to thank the various allies that read and respond to our feedback, questions, and comments on this thread. Thanks to Bloodworth, Ben, Damiani and the occasional Brad and Kyle post. It's cool to have another form of interaction from this "unofficial" message board. It's not something I take for granted.

PepperedHam

Jones is the best. EZA is the best. Great Cup of Jones episode that makes you feel like a hero for being a part of this community in any capacity and that kind of communication with your fans goes a really really long way.

abrack08

Ben is a machine! Just cranking out those quality reviews. (MLB review is great too, just extra impressed with the number Ben has handled recently)

Didn't know much about Wonderboy coming in, but that art is beautiful. Definitely on my radar now, maybe as a short palette cleanser between Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 or Horizon.

I played the original as a kid on my friends Master system. Loved the wonder boy games. Especially monster world. Will have to check out this remake. It looks great

Hasney

I don't think I ever beat Wonderboy 3 back in the day, so damn hard for a little kid.

Still, what's stupidly cool about this remake is they kept the password system. Obviously it has modern saves too, but if you somehow still have some passwords written down from back then, they still work.

Arms is a game no one would be excited for if it were coming out next week on PSN. But because it's one of like 3 games for Switch it has so much attention.

Eh, noone would care if it wasn't a Nintendo game, but due to core Nintendos track record, it would be likened to Naughty Dog making ARMS and releasing it on PS4 full retail. People would be excited due to their track record.

mishakoz

I don't think I ever beat Wonderboy 3 back in the day, so damn hard for a little kid.

Still, what's stupidly cool about this remake is they kept the password system. Obviously it has modern saves too, but if you somehow still have some passwords written down from back then, they still work.

Eh, noone would care if it wasn't a Nintendo game, but due to core Nintendos track record, it would be likened to Naughty Dog making ARMS and releasing it on PS4 full retail. People would be excited due to their track record.

Naughty Dogs's last 5 games have scored 88 or above on metacritic, I dont think its an apt comparison to Nintendo which has released a lot of subpar games in the last year, including 1-2 Switch and Federation Force. This could easily be more like one of those.

I cant help but feel that everyone that's getting excited for ARMS is ensuring the next Metroid or DKC game never gets made. But maybe im wrong? Im a single-player game kind of person so Arms is bleh for me.

No offense to you Hasney, i know we go at it a lot.

Hasney

Naughty Dogs's last 5 games have scored 88 or above on metacritic, I dont think its an apt comparison to Nintendo which has released a lot of subpar games in the last year, including 1-2 Switch and Federation Force. This could easily be more like one of those.

I cant help but feel that everyone that's getting excited for ARMS is ensuring the next Metroid or DKC game never gets made. But maybe im wrong? Im a single-player game kind of person so Arms is bleh for me.

No offense to you Hasney, i know we go at it a lot.

I suppose now they've merged it would seem like that, but I think you can tell when one of the games they're working on is getting that polish and push. It's the 2v2 mode that is making me keep my pre-order anyway, I love some Powerstone style BS. If they wanted to make a new DK or Metroid, they'd just give Retro a quick call too. Man, I wonder what the hell they're working on....

And no worries, we disagree a lot but it's never hostile or even angry between us so it's all gooood

fzMe4T9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom