• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

I watched nuPower Rangers Tuesday (wasn't bad) and I noticed a shit ton of GITS lithographs just waiting to be picked up while waiting to get my ticket. Paramount really was betting this to being a huge success.

I watched nuPower Rangers Tuesday (wasn't bad) and I noticed a shit ton of GITS lithographs just waiting to be picked up while waiting to get my ticket. Paramount really was betting this to being a huge success.
Maybe it'll do fine in Japan since they were more than happy to be white washed.

Morlas

While it was stupid and kinda classless to whitewash GITS the main reason i skipped it was because it didn't look like it got the point of the original series at all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
While it was stupid and kinda classless to whitewash GITS the main reason i skipped it was because it didn't look like it got the point of the original series at all.
"our memories don't define us, our actions do"

which makes no sense because we use our memories to determine what actions we wish to do, & it's established people can have memories implanted or erased in this universe, meaning their actions might change as well, as shown in the original movie with the garbage man who thought he was someone else.

caliph95

Joseph beat up corrupt cops beating up a black guy and shot up one diner trying to kill a vampire. Jim Jam respected his grandmother only to end up perving out on his mother.

giphy.gif

The male characters are till like arguably part 4 and then 5 onward from seeing the characters on wikis and such goes the opposite direction.
Jojo stops being about statue beefcakes posing in Part 4. It initially kept the beefcake art style, but the main character looks all kinds of awkward that way.

Jojo stops being about statue beefcakes posing in Part 4. It initially kept the beefcake art style, but the main character looks all kinds of awkward that way.

Good thing the anime decided to just make everyone art style shift 3 (there are 3 shifts in artstyle for Part 4, the final shift has sorta been the artstyle for JoJo since with some tweaks each part) from the start instead of having them shift when the manga shifted.

caliph95

Could the change in artstyle be partly due to the change in general anime styles where that sort of characters who are huge beefcakes just weren't that much popular anymore.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ironically the same thing happened to Castlevania and Jim Jam. Pretty boys with anime hair taking over from Kenshiro monsters.

caliph95

I guess being a mans man isn't cool anymore.

I think is a general culture thing since the 80s style heroes in western and maybe japan got less popular and pretty boys and slimmer guys become more popular

cntr

Banned
Araki was imitating the Fist of the North Star style, and he developed his natural style during Part 4. That's the reason for the change.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Araki was imitating the Fist of the North Star style, and he developed his natural style during Part 4. That's the reason for the change.

I guess it is a good thing he developed that style in Part 4 because if it had happened one part earlier.
Ain't nobody gonna be interested in stick boy Jonathan's non sexy body. No reason for the road trip. Dio can have it.

caliph95

I guess it is a good thing he developed that style in Part 4 because if it had happened one part earlier.
Ain't nobody gonna be interested in stick boy Jonathan's non sexy body. No reason for the road trip. Dio can have it.
I don't know i've seen pics of Reboot!Jonathan and he is a looker

BBboy20

Anyways just play Phantom Dust, its awesome and the remaster is coming out soon.
Is it coming to PC?

^ wasn't a bad arc tbh
She was the only good thing about SAO.

The "I've made a huge mistake" face.
I like how you root for him to defy the biggest odds in his life and roar when he does...only then to get a small visual reminder of what he did earlier and realize that maybe he should have went splat from all that G force when descending to earth.

The SAO arcs in terms of quality go...

1. Mother's Rosario aka Yuuki arc.
2. Caliber aka filler arc where they just fucked around
3. Aincrad aka stuck in the SAO arc
4. Gun Gale Online Arc aka focus on Sinon's ass arc
5. Fairy Dance arc aka the arc with literally nothing going for it, especially Kirito's dumb sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom