• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Hypron

Some people on Reddit are theorising that Eren has actually already met Zeke, since he's got that mitt and baseball at one point in the chapter, and Zeke kinda encourages Reiner to go with Falco at the end of the chapter.

I'm not sure what to make of this theory yet 🤔

Zoe

Some people on Reddit are theorising that Eren has actually already met Zeke, since he's got that mitt and baseball at one point in the chapter, and Zeke kinda encourages Reiner to go with Falco at the end of the chapter.

I'm not sure what to make of this theory yet 🤔

Nice catch. It wouldn't be the first time something like that would happen in a flashback or off page.

I'm absolutely loving this series right now.

Hyped for the eventual return of Annie.

Edit- also nice that Eren got a scene with his grandfather. I really feel for him.

kirblar

I'm not sure what to make of this theory yet ��
He flipped Zeke. That's why Zeke tells Reiner to go.

Shit is about to go down.

Hypron

He's coming to the end of his lifespan right? And he was hiding some stuff from his superiors a couple chapters ago.

Joni

Interesting chapter, can't wait for the next one. Somehow I feel like the Teiber family is ready to implement some sort of final solution.

Why would zeke, who sold out his own parents, decide to change sides after all this time?
Does not make sense.

Maybe he never changed sides?
Cue hidden flashback showing Eren's dad telling Zeke he needs to rat-out his own parents to gain Marleyans trust and go for the ultimate revenge/victory years ahead.

kewlmyc

Maybe he never changed sides?
Cue hidden flashback showing Eren's dad telling Zeke he needs to rat-out his own parents to gain Marleyans trust and go for the ultimate revenge/victory years ahead.

Some of his acts as Monkey/Beast Titan would still be strange and unnecessarily violent. Especially since Marley wasn't watching within the walls.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why would zeke, who sold out his own parents, decide to change sides after all this time?
Does not make sense.

He was brainwashed at an early age and maybe he has started to see that? I dunno, I guess we'll find out what Eren told him to change his views.

Dynedom

Yeah I don't buy the long con for Zeke given his unnecessarily brutal actions within the walls with little to no supervision.

Then again, Eren has the baseball mitt.

He was brainwashed at an early age and maybe he has started to see that? I dunno, I guess we'll find out what Eren told him to change his views.

Yeah I can see a persuasion angle as more likely.

What the fuuuuuck is going on!!!! Next month can't come soon enough! It will be a magnificent birthday gift!

It seems I really need to re-read this manga, since I've forgotten some things.

MechaX

I caught up on everything, and... goddamn

This is definitely a wild ride but I fucking love it

It would be absolutely hilarious if Eren, Zeke, and Reiner realized that the only way to achieve what they wanted was to put everything aside and team up

kewlmyc

I guess it is possible Eren might be more cooperative now since I'm sure he has downloaded all of his dad's memories now, including the hatred of Marleyans.

Just read the latest chapter, and boy does this manga deliver. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did the 1st season, but man it's been amazing from the moment I decided to stop waiting for it to get animated.

I wonder how close we are to the endgame, because it seems like things are finally coming to a head.

kewlmyc

Just read the latest chapter, and boy does this manga deliver. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did the 1st season, but man it's been amazing from the moment I decided to stop waiting for it to get animated.

I wonder how close we are to the endgame, because it seems like things are finally coming to a head.

I'd give it 3 years tops before it ends.

Read some of the earlier pages here on gaf. People likening SNK to Lost lol, people were really wondering if Isayama was making shit up. Surprised that people didn't like the Colossal/Armour Titan reveal, which to me is one of the best I've ever seen. Good to see everything lining up so far. The manga's been having one hell of a ride, glad to be a part of it. As for the comments above, the manga does seem like it's heading towards its conclusion (last arc). It made sense that after the basemen reveal, the story would start to unwind towards a conclusion.

One of my favorite manga/animes :)

Geist-

Finally caught up after a long absence and I gotta say, the Marley arc is really good. I love finally knowing what's going on in the world outside the walls and the motivations of the Marleyans. It's a surprisingly tactful take on fantasy Nazis and a fantasy Jewish ghetto, more than I'd expect from most Manga.

I'm also getting surprisingly attached to these kids, especially Gabi. I hope nothing happens to them...

And of course I catch up just in time for a major cliffhanger. What's going on Eren?!? Why are you going to do with Reiner?!?

Totakeke

I was skimming through the recent chapters because I didn't really care for the characters, but when I reached the last page where Reiner said Eren... and my mouth went agape. I immediately went back and reread the chapters. Props to the Isayama for playing the "long" game.

I was skimming through the recent chapters because I didn't really care for the characters, but when I reached the last page where Reiner said Eren... and my mouth went agape. I immediately went back and reread the chapters. Props to the Isayama for playing the "long" game.

Lol, almost everyone guesses he was Eren.

kirblar

How did you not figure this out last chapter lol

Remember guys, Eren has spent the last four years sharing his father's memories. The owls memories. Everything about the resistance.

If you thought about this another way, it could almost be seen as Grisha coming back to see his long lost son Zeke. The owl continuing his original resistance movement.

Plus. It's essentially all the Yeager generations on one island now.

Grishas deranged pops.

Grisha in Erens head.

Eren.

Zeke.

There's a huge load of information to be shared. Things each side considers mystery to be easily revealed and probably tonnes of misconception and myth to be debunked.

Generations of bloodline titans from every angle of every side of every war in the world, titan related or not.

Also, the books from the basement seemed to show some "true history of the titans" different from what Eldians are taught in Marley.

ghstwrld

wait wtf?!?!?

tumblr_inline_obo29l9fD01r0ogfn_500.gif

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Oh my god... actual black people!

And they're not drawn like complete shit :O

Couldn’t sleep last night and so caught up with the last 4 chapters. OH MAN! I wish I hadn’t now and just left this alone, I’m back to fiending for the next chapter with the rest of you.

Just finished catching up quite quickly to the manga after today's season finale.

The mangaka really has no idea where he's going, clearly. Yet another failed plot to kidnap Eren, great. My hope for the anime series is to pretty much shitcan the manga and spun off the story into its own thing.
This along with the Joker prediction. The big Ls that you hold on gaf breh lol

My God! The tension in this chapter was just amazing, everything hanging on a razor's edge with Eren being made the scapegoat by Marleyans. Now to see if they will really start murdering all the ghetto Eldians like many have theorized.

manfestival

All the stuff going on in the manga and this thread is dead? WTF?
to be fair, I kept coming back here to see if anyone was talking about everything going on in the manga and waited to see something before posting but yeah things be super crazy since like december. felt like it took way too long for something good to happen after the time skip. pretty sure we finally get to see armin after this

Dubloon7

Banned
i lurked on a different forum about this and totally agree that this series has totally dumped into it's grave as it fully sets the characters as nazis and jews, and this whole manga is no longer worthwhile. i'm really suprised how so many people enjoy this manga/show yet i think it is horrendously written and art is poor, imo.

Top Bottom