• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

I ran Gems for longer than I'd like and walked out with 11... 1 power, 3 tech, and 7 guard >.>; (I was visiting family, otherwise I'd have Tm farmed)

Thanks to all the Bonus users, it actually makes this event suck less... seriously 25 energy? /sigh

Kouriozan

I'm at the point where I wonder if one full day of NRG is worth one ticket. And I can't count on rare ennemies with my luck.
This event is really bad for me.
Without my wonderful friends I would have gave up already :')

Syntsui

I'm at the point where I wonder if one full day of NRG is worth one ticket. And I can't count on rare ennemies with my luck.
This event is really bad for me.
Without my wonderful friends I would have gave up already :')

Considering an entire day is worth 140 lapis, I'd say yes.

Rixa

Makes me sad to read this thread :(. Earlier today I got Gold & Gold from 2 tix in Dragoon Banner. Close to 15 Golds from there 0 Zyrus.

Needless to say those goldies were Leon & Rosa.
Way over 60 pulls in that banner 0 Zyrus.(0 Xon too)

Sad thing is that Iam not after Rainbows, they come if they come (one this year 3 months ago).

But one fucking banner Gold. Is it too much to ask?

LucaMac

One of the best DPS, even more after her enhancements. Has a bit of support too.

I've Orlandu, Noctis, Freyvia x2 and Delita...usually run DC Refia and Cecil and trying to figure out my best setup...any ideas? I reckon I've serious flexibility now. Was thinking of ditching Cecil and turning Noctis into my tank to slot in Delita with enhanced breaks until I'd my Freyvia geared...then 2nd Freyvia yesterday, Aileen today. Ridiculous luck, but first world problems and all that...no idea who to work on/bench.

Kouriozan

I've Orlandu, Noctis, Freyvia x2 and Delita...usually run DC Refia and Cecil and trying to figure out my best setup...any ideas? I reckon I've serious flexibility now. Was thinking of ditching Cecil and turning Noctis into my tank to slot in Delita with enhanced breaks until I'd my Freyvia geared...then 2nd Freyvia yesterday, Aileen today. Ridiculous luck, but first world problems and all that...no idea who to work on/bench.
Can't help for team building but you'll be glad to have Aileen for certain bosses.
Her stone and machine killer will be greatly appreciated, like for the famous Aigaion trial that everyone here is already fearing. (Start of the bosses OSing people trend)

Zalasta

Is the bonus enemy an additional round or does it replace a round like the golden bomb? I haven't seen one yet, 2 bombs since yesterday. Not a great rate so far.

Syntsui

Can't wait to see people making short work of Aiagon on day one, just like Gilgamesh. They will have to be creative with how they will buff him.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
guys i need you to know how down this game has had me for a while now. just going through the motions, not particularly having fun, barely doing 5 arena fights for the lapis, wasting NRG whenever i couldn't be bothered.

i'd finish my daily quests and all that, it's just with the shit RNG on drawing -- blue crystals for like 4 weeks in a row, no rainbows since the CNY banner, Noctis and Yun being my two major carriers, i just started seriously considering fading out. i obviously am not as active here in the thread as i used to be.

anyway, RAINBOW REBERTA popping out of the ticket, which went from blue to gold to rainbow, has given me a spark. i'm not sure it's enough. but i'm still here.

guys i need you to know how down this game has had me for a while now. just going through the motions, not particularly having fun, barely doing 5 arena fights for the lapis, wasting NRG whenever i couldn't be bothered.

i'd finish my daily quests and all that, it's just with the shit RNG on drawing -- blue crystals for like 4 weeks in a row, no rainbows since the CNY banner, Noctis and Yun being my two major carriers, i just started seriously considering fading out. i obviously am not as active here in the thread as i used to be.

anyway, RAINBOW REBERTA popping out of the ticket, which went from blue to gold to rainbow, has given me a spark. i'm not sure it's enough. but i'm still here.

That's how they get ya.

Honestly dude I really want out too. I'm to invested though. Anyway as long as you're around just keep in good spirits. At least we have this great community to chit chat and share our once in a blue moon rainbows.

Doctor_No

Got hit with Rem's AOE MP drain in Arena. Worst ....Arena experience ...ever. Slow, obnoxious, death.

But Rem's buff makes her good unit in GL. The nicest, and overlooked, buffs is to Defender's Dagger over JP's equivalent いやしのダガー (Healing Dagger). The stats are the same but the +15% MAG and auto-regen to Rem with the dagger equipped is a GL exclusive.

When you consider her innate +50% MAG with daggers equipped, the dagger allows for a real cheap Arena build with MAG climbing reasonably high without TMs. A DW with Survival Edge basically gives you a free 10% hp without a DW materia (alternatively Ling's Venomous Edge as well to add poison and paralyze). The buff just gives you a lot more flexibility to focus more on building SPR and other stats on her to make her into a decent healer.

If they buff her raise ability to full-raise she would have been perfect

Wait what am I supposed to do with Reberta? LOL

Reberta is legitimately a great unit. She hits hard, she's completely self sufficient in both MP and HP, she has three strong AOE elemental debuffs (great with mage spells or with Noctis), you get a free TM of the strongest non-elemental weapon in game, and she is a an insanely powerful chainer if you have a Reberta friend.

...also her sprite is awesome..

Rixa

I think after Cupid Artemios I haven't pulled on banner Global Exclu gold unit. I didnt try to get CA, glad that I have him tho :).

Going to get Elles total to 85% and feeding one more Elle and I finally have my first Arsha's Talisman.

Sieppaa.PNG

Soluna Band: +20% HP, + 20% DEF, +25% Light & Dark res.
Soluna Ring: +30 MP, Auto Refresh, +15% Light & Dark res.

Syntsui

Let me help you describe how incredible Reberta is, a set up Crimson Death with only two of her (not even with the best possible attack, one has 867 and the other has 760) does around 3m damage to the Raid Bahamut. No buffs or debuffs were used.

Although it is much less than two Orlandus and their ridiculous holy chain, the catch is, she does 3m damage with a bugged skill that doesn't consider elemental properties nor killer passives.

This is supposed to be fixed in the future, so she will get MUCH stronger even though she already is a monster.

Lyrian

Grats to everyone on their rainbows!

Pulled Nine today, meh.

Observation: Lyrian's old theory about the Chamber of Gems launching early in an attempt to divert the GL playerbase's NRG going into TM farming didn't really succeed, but putting Giancrysts into all the Mog King events and delaying story events might work.

Daily pull was Sice, which gives me 275%-300% bonus depending on friend unit. Good enough for a few T4s.

I can believe this; from the vortex I've gotten 3 guard giancryst, 0 power giancryst, 2 healing giancryst, and 1 support. I haven't run it very much lately; depending on my rate of gain for the mogking I can see myself going for a couple.

The carrot wasn't juicy enough for Global players. Many Global players don't have the grinding appetite that JP players are accustomed to in their gacha games.

On the other hand, from Gumi's perspective, the poor payout of the gem vortex made players quite hungry for mostly non-existent T4 gems. And lo and behold.... here come Mog King with a carefully rationed limited supply of T4 gems. Definitely NOT a coincidence, as this is was very likely intentionally planned.

Also note that to purchase one color's stock of T4 gems is 90k currency, 10k more to than to purchase that color's T5 gem.

Also, on top of that, is the double speed acceleration of the Mog King event, which is 100% guaranteed to be intentional. Gumi is observing the effects of this intentional change on the Global poplulation very, very closely.

The 64 million gil question at the moment is when the bulk of the non-casual Global playerbase will chase the carrot this time around with a little extra helping push from Gumi.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Let me help you describe how incredible Reberta is, a set up Crimson Death with only two of her (not even with the best possible attack, one has 867 and the other has 760) does around 3m damage to the Raid Bahamut. No buffs or debuffs were used.

Although it is much less than two Orlandus and their ridiculous holy chain, the catch is, she does 3m damage with a bugged skill that doesn't consider elemental properties nor killer passives.

This is supposed to be fixed in the future, so she will get MUCH stronger even though she already is a monster.

:eek:

ok, i'm hyped.

Nikokuno

Little Brother the usual yolo pull : Reberta (new), Donkey Kong Country (new), Zyrus (new)... Double Rainbow again (past was Trance Terra and Majin Fina).

Xion86

Not been able to play much today due to being on holiday still, but after my Rainbow yesterday...I got lucky with my first ticket of the day :eek: wtf...

R9rKNFUl.png

HQE5tWxl.png

Hmmm I'm not sure how to feel, already have 2 :/ but nice I guess. Really wanted Gilgamesh too.

I wanted some banner units for the event so used 10 tickets....nothing. Sigh.

I JUST GOT REBERTA OFF THE TICKET!!!

RAINBOW HELLLLL YESSSS

Congrats! Join the club. I also had the same question as you regarding what I'll do with her haha, but good to know she's damn good. Will see if I end up using her for anything.

Niiiiiiice!!!!! Grats!

Today's free summon was Ingus and Daily was Terra...

Just curious, considering some of you guys have an Orlandeau hitting Bahamut for what looks like over a million are they capable of doing the same to beasts of the dark or Gilgamesh or is their defence much higher?

I'd just take a swing to find out but 40 NRG is a large portion of my whole capacity and I really need to try get these awakening mats while the event is open.

Yeah JP fixed jump passives but they also fixed jump spark chains

As of now i dont know which is better but I suspect Spark chains is a better buff than the passive... someone needs to do the math in JP or something

Maybe we can compare global spark chain Nines against JP Nines stacking passives?

Lyrian

Gah, so many rainbows.

I have to be close to the unluckiest person from launch in terms of rainbows (outside of Chrono, of course).

When is that 3% rainbow rate ever going to make to Global in another year or so? :/

tuffymon

Gah, so many rainbows.

I have to be close to the unluckiest person from launch in terms of rainbows (outside of Chrono, of course).

When is that 3% rainbow rate ever going to make to Global in another year or so? :/

Just BELIEVE Lyrian... maybe we'll get it with our anniversary >.>;
HAHAHAHAH as if T.T

Syntsui

And in the banner no one would pull, we are getting the highest number of rainbows. It's poetic.
Yeah JP fixed jump passives but they also fixed jump spark chains

As of now i dont know which is better but I suspect Spark chains is a better buff than the passive... someone needs to do the math in JP or something

Maybe we can compare global spark chain Nines against JP Nines stacking passives?
That's awfully specific but I'm interested to know too.

Ken

eh, this is also the period where everyone gets a second daily pull so even if people aren't doing more than dailies on the featured banner it's still twice as many pulls as another period with a featured bad banner but no free summon.

Orlandeau banner will probably hold title of bad banner with highest rainbows pulled forever.

And in the banner no one would pull, we are getting the highest number of rainbows. It's poetic.

That's awfully specific but I'm interested to know too.

yeah man

Can any JP players confirm if two nines can element chain with jump?

Since it no longer spark chains i would imagine dual weilding jumpers still hit at least twice.

Lyrian

3% rainbows are the new crystal change. Setting in gang, it'll be a while.

Yeah, it's not coming anytime this side of the next ice age, unless the Global population severely drops. And because Gumi is pushing the Global playerbase harder than ever with this current event, I'd fairly easily say that the population is not dropping.

I feel like this mog event is a bit more generous then the last few. It reminds me of FFTpt2. I can clear ELT, and I am getting a minimum of 1300 phantoma per run.

Did they raise the NRG cost for ELT this time, or am I imagining that?

Doctor_No

I feel like this mog event is a bit more generous then the last few. It reminds me of FFTpt2. I can clear ELT, and I am getting a minimum of 1300 phantoma per run.

Last event ELT was like 13 NRG, this event its 25 NRG, however I'm noticing a little over double the equivalent phantoma per run. So it seems to be better in terms of drop rates and they've made it much faster and more efficient (given that its easier to run with high-value friend units due to less runs); you can run it half the amount of times and get more phantoma.

But they've also added a bunch of very expensive ability awakening materia. So existing items (awakening materia, trust moogle, etc) have gotten cheaper and easier to farm this event, but ability awakening materials more highly incentivize grinding.

Lyrian

Delaying Ramza enhancements and WoL 6* by another month would certainly be big

t9IUp02.jpg

WoL 6* is probably reasonably soon.

Ramza is going to be delayed a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Enhanced Ramza (as everyone knows) grants +100% to all stats at +2.

Right now, on Global, the situation is:

Ramza --> +40% All Stats for 3 turns, in exchange for self-mez.

Refifa --> ATK/DEF +45% for 5 turns
Luka --> DEF/SPR +45% for 5 turns
Delita -->MAG/SPR +45% for 5 turns --> +65% at +2
Vanille --> ATK/DEF +40% **OR** DEF/SPR +40% for 3 turns --> +55% each at +2

Now that's an interesting scenario..... the best buffers are the units generally considered to be among the crappiest out there. Very likely intentional, as this is a common gacha tactic among games that get "mulligans" when going from JP --> Global.

There's going to a sloooooow ramp-up to Ramza, and as highlighted above, Gumi is going to mandatory push enhancements as the only way of incrementally buffing past Refia/Luka levels for a very long time. There's no way in hell they are going to repeat the massive mistake Alim did by immediately power-leaping from +45% all the way to +100%.

Hell, at this point, I'd be surprised if enhanced Ramza shows up before the end of Season 1.

Lyrian

Last event ELT was like 13 NRG, this event its 25 NRG, however I'm noticing a little over double the equivalent phantoma per run. So it seems to be better in terms of drop rates and they've made it much faster and more efficient (given that its easier to run with high-value friend units due to less runs); you can run it half the amount of times and get more phantoma.

But they've also added a bunch of very expensive ability awakening materia. So existing items (awakening materia, trust moogle, etc) have gotten cheaper and easier to farm this event, but ability awakening materials more highly incentivize grinding.

Energy costs and base phantoma were doubled across the board, with as small rounding issue with ELT costing 25 EN and not 26 (13 x 2). Only thing that wasn't doubled was the rare spawn appearance rate. That remained the same, while being nerfed to reflect that if it was kept at the JP rate, the doubling of phantoma would be the same as seeing the rare spawn twice in a row (which apparently is far too generous for Global).

Kouriozan

Now that's an interesting scenario..... the best buffers are the units generally considered to be among the crappiest out there. Very likely intentional, as this is a common gacha tactic among games that get "mulligans" when going from JP --> Global.

There's going to a sloooooow ramp-up to Ramza, and as highlighted above, Gumi is going to mandatory push enhancements as the only way of incrementally buffing past Refia/Luka levels for a very long time. There's no way in hell they are going to repeat the massive mistake Alim did by immediately power-leaping from +45% all the way to +100%.

Hell, at this point, I'd be surprised if enhanced Ramza shows up before the end of Season 1.
And before Ramza's enhancement they'll probably go "want an awesome buffer? We have the right unit for you : Roy!"
In fact I can definitely see Gumi delaying Ramza until Roy release to entice people to get pull.

Lyrian

They better do something big for the anniversary.

The more prudent question at the moment is when Gumi is actually counting the anniversary of Global to be (which is still formally unclear).

Does Gumi count the anniversary to be the soft launch or the hard launch date? Does Global get an anniversary "month of celebrations" for June or July? Whatever the answer is, no matter how good or bad these events end up being, Gumi will make a giant spectacle leading up to the anniversary event.

Ken

Rotating banners. Half price multi pulls. Rainbow tickets + lapis bundles. Let's go!

it'll be 500 lapis spread out over June

Dandte

Rotating banners. Half price multi pulls. Rainbow tickets + lapis bundles. Let's go!

it'll be 500 lapis spread out over June

It is our first anniversary, thank you for bearing with us. As a gratitude here one summon ticket.

Maybe we will have more next year. Keep playing and remember: gotta spent it all $€£¥

Syntsui

It's not like it makes any difference releasing Ramza enhancements, we will still have to build teams around building the summon gauge and he won't be changing that. I don't buy this line of thought that they need to delay it for balance purposes.

Vashetti

Banned
It is our first anniversary, thank you for bearing with us. As a gratitude here one summon ticket.

Maybe we will have more next year. Keep playing and remember: gotta spent it all $€£¥

I know you're joking, but it'll definitely be better than 1 summon ticket.

They throw them out like candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom