• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I updated to the latest version 1.1.2 and it doesn't work at all anymore. The title bar is normal, but the whole window is nothing but white, and it constantly makes my CPU do... something at about 25% capacity and my cursor is constantly blinking between normal and busy cursor even while the window is not in view. I'm on the latest Windows 10 update with the latest drivers on everything and administrator authority. I have tried running it as admin, restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling it, adding the folder and individual applications to exceptions list in Windows Defender and even turning off Windows Defender. It still does it. I also tried just waiting it out to see if it had to work through something, but even hours later it was still doing it.

Persona7

Banned
damn I thought that viva pinata was released upon first glance.

I am going to wait for the pinata games to cycle in a few days.

Hey, gogGAF,

Can't use my Xbox in Spain as the place I moved into doesn't have a TV, and I'm kinda low on funds. Any recommendations for something that can be played in bursts? I'll give pretty much anything a try, though I've no great love for puzzle games. I've recently been playing and enjoying the hell out of FTL, Super Hexagon and Race the Sun. I have Hotline Miami, but still need to buy a mouse and mouse mat. Needs to be able to run on an i3 Surface Pro 3.

Cheers.

Persona7

Banned
Hey, gogGAF,

Can't use my Xbox in Spain as the place I moved into doesn't have a TV, and I'm kinda low on funds. Any recommendations for something that can be played in bursts? I'll give pretty much anything a try, though I've no great love for puzzle games. I've recently been playing and enjoying the hell out of FTL, Super Hexagon and Race the Sun. I have Hotline Miami, but still need to buy a mouse and mouse mat. Needs to be able to run on an i3 Surface Pro 3.

Cheers.

I play Spelunky every now and then in short bursts. Seems perfect for that.

http://www.spelunkyworld.com/whatis.html
http://www.gog.com/game/spelunky

A bunch of games are also on sale right now so look into that too.

Persona7

Banned
I need to start up Fran Bow sometime. I want to get the later walking dead games as well but I got really mad when I lost my save due to a bug on the first season.

Dsyndrome

I need to start up Fran Bow sometime. I want to get the later walking dead games as well but I got really mad when I lost my save due to a bug on the first season.
I have to start Season 2 fresh since my save got eaten up sometime between starting 2 and finishing the dlc expansion for 1. Made it easier to start again on PC; I'll always known what went down with Lee regardless.

Persona7

Banned
I have to start Season 2 fresh since my save got eaten up sometime between starting 2 and finishing the dlc expansion for 1. Made it easier to start again on PC; I'll always known what went down with Lee regardless.

I think I will get season 2 next time it goes on sale. Hopefully soon.

Towerfall and it's expansion are both on sale right now. I really like that game but you need people to play local multiplayer with. Has anyone played Tetrobot and Co.?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Oh nice. Starship Titanic is really good. One of the last things Douglas Adams wrote before passing away.

I rolled Deponia 3. Never played either of the other two.

If there are any fans of the series on here, PM me your email and I'll gift it to you.

Persona7

Banned
I have made a huge mistake. I sent a refund request and I didn't download anything so it seems likely.

Huh, didn't rearlize Republique and D4 were on the list. I need both of those.

I have been thinking of getting the D4 collectors edition upgrade, that is on sale too.

Thoughts on Apotheon? Looks cool, I have an Xbox One controller, and it looks like it should run on my Surface.

Also tempted by Shadowrun: Returns, but the fact I have 3 Fallout games almost untouched in my backlog puts me off getting another isometric RPG.

Persona7

Banned
Thoughts on Apotheon? Looks cool, I have an Xbox One controller, and it looks like it should run on my Surface.

Also tempted by Shadowrun: Returns, but the fact I have 3 Fallout games almost untouched in my backlog puts me off getting another isometric RPG.

I got apotheon today. it looks pretty cool.

draetenth

I haven't played it yet, but the consensus seems to be:

You can safely ignore Shawdowrun: Returns. It's a bit bland. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's cut is the far superior game. It basically takes Returns and improves upon it in every way.

Tizoc

So now we can gog users to friend lists right?
My username is
Tizoc789

Is it possible for others to see my game list like how Steam does it? I need help in categorizing my games so I have a list of Building games for example :p

Dsyndrome

So now we can gog users to friend lists right?
My username is
Tizoc789

Is it possible for others to see my game list like how Steam does it? I need help in categorizing my games so I have a list of Building games for example :p
I'll friend you, I have none on GOG. Dsyndrome just like here and Steam.

Tizoc

Added you lot to my friendslist~

I'll add tags to games so I can know what building games I have, if I mislabled any let me know :p

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Feel free to add me guys :)

Username: marsimoto420

Persona7

Banned
Apparently WayForward Technologies appeared on the list of companies. I liked Bloodrayne : Betrayal so hopefully that becomes available. Seems likely because the other bloodrayne games are already there.

Anyone know if the Atlantis games are any good? I can get all three for like 5 dollars in the promo they have right now.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Apparently WayForward Technologies appeared on the list of companies. I liked Bloodrayne : Betrayal so hopefully that becomes available. Seems likely because the other bloodrayne games are already there.

Anyone know if the Atlantis games are any good? I can get all three for like 5 dollars in the promo they have right now.

I was stoked when I saw this.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is one of my favorite games ever. It's up there with genre greats like Mega Man X. No idea if the PC version's as good as the Wii U version, but I'm in if it's on par.

Their other stuff is pretty damn good, too.

Persona7

Banned
I was stoked when I saw this.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is one of my favorite games ever. It's up there with genre greats like Mega Man X. No idea if the PC version's as good as the Wii U version, but I'm in if it's on par.

Their other stuff is pretty damn good, too.

The DSi game was re-released on PC, right? I would definitely pick up the Shantae games too.

Bar81

These guys are killing it lately. Now how long are you going to make me wait for my Dragonlance games?

Top Bottom