• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

Every free weekend. They don't seem to realise that some of us have to share the internet on weekends.

utuABcG.jpg

Moronic they don't let us start preloading games of this size on Monday to play Thursday.

Giving a 2 or 3 day lead to download a 24 gig game for a free weekend seems like a pretty goddamn obvious thing to do.

They probably take for granted that people actually have high-speed internet, whereas many in the world still don't (unfortunately).

I don't even have any interest in playing FO4 (at least not at the moment), but I decided to download it on a whim. It's looking like it'll be under 30 minutes from start to finish. I have what I feel to be pretty average speeds here in the US.

It's probably not an option to let people pre-load free weekend games.

Vlad

i'm not sure if i like crosscells as much as the other games

i feel like i'm doing a bunch of counting instead of logic stuff

got only the first 20 down and it can be as satisfying as the other cells games sometimes but idk, i feel like i'm counting too much

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. There's a lot of time spent juggling the various items in a row in your head, trying to figure out all the ways they add up. It doesn't help that the multiplication stuff isn't explained all that well. Apparently that's going to be fixed in a patch, at least.

Ganado

What happens when you buy a game and unlock some achievements before you refund it?

Will the achievements get removed from your account as well?

I want to try out Friday the 13th but I don't want it to hurt my completition rate

Good news for you, the achievements are bugged and doesn't work right now.

Auraela

Banned
victor vran dlc pages are up look and sound great

http://store.steampowered.com/app/462290/Victor_Vran_Mtorhead_Through_The_Ages/
Victor Vran: Mötorhead Through The Ages

• Slay your opponents to the rhythm of the band's greatest riffs
• Take the hunt to 3 unique worlds, inspired by Motörhead
• Discover the Monuments of Rock
• New weapon classes - Revolvers and Guitars
• Unleash new Motörhead themed demon powers
• 3 New outfits inspired by Lemmy, Phil and Mikkey
• Clash with Scorpions, Hellhounds and Succubi
• New bosses from the world of Motörhead
• 20 new rock themed destiny cards
• Guest starring legendary director Lloyd Kaufman
• Don't forget to powerslide...

Victor Vran: Fractured Worlds

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493880/Victor_Vran_Fractured_Worlds/

• Storm four randomly generated dungeons that change every day
• Take a deep dive into ‘The Fracture’ - an endless dungeon that offers new challenges with each new depth
• Discover Talismans – a unique new item type which influence both the visuals and the combat capabilities of your hero.
• Reach new heights with the Character level cap increased to 60
• Find recipes that allow creating ever more powerful talismans via transmutation
• Clash with new enemies – take up arms against the hordes of scorpions, hellhounds, and succubi

unsure on pricing yet

It doesn't help that the multiplication stuff isn't explained all that well. Apparently that's going to be fixed in a patch, at least.

The manner in which you have to read equations from both sides is quite counter-intuitive. I didn't get it all at first.

The developer is super responsive. He's also going to add the option to turn the water effect off (it bothered a lot of people).

If you can't download that much (as is my case) then don't play the free-weekend.

I have nothing against them allowing preloads earlier, what I don't understand is why you feel like it's your right to have this extended preload time.

Be it a 1MB or 100GB game, that's how it's worked for a while. Requesting an extended preload time is one thing, but he went straight to entitlement with his post and said it's moronic to not have earlier preloads.
Because the large download obviously cuts in to the free weekend time? The entire point of these is to try them out for the duration and get people interested in the game by giving them a taste, but it kind of misses that point if you have people skipping over it due to not wanting half the time gone to waste just downloading it.

They probably take for granted that people actually have high-speed internet, whereas many in the world still don't (unfortunately).

I don't even have any interest in playing FO4 (at least not at the moment), but I decided to download it on a whim. It's looking like it'll be under 30 minutes from start to finish. I have what I feel to be pretty average speeds here in the US.

It's probably not an option to let people pre-load free weekend games.

I'm in Canada and have 5 Mbps (well actually it's more like 6 but still.) So what would that translate to for me? Something like 12 or 13 hours assuming top speed? I've pretty much given up on free weekends for that reason.

Jalal

I agree with the peeps saying free weekends should have a lead up preload period.

Spending 1/3 of a free weekend time spent downloading the damn thing makes me not even bother.

Its not like I can play 24 hours a day all weekend anyway, at least let people maximise the time available.

Okay, i was going to complain about Dawn of War 3 quality, but then suddenly Relic showed me this after credits:
There was no Necrons in DoW2, right? Because now I'm kinda hyped for this future DLC, however it will probably be even more lowbudget than main game. After such teaser i need to play few more matches in multiplayer before giving final thoughts on this game.

Lanrutcon

Okay, i was going to complain about Dawn of War 3 quality, but then suddenly Relic showed me this after credits:

There was no Necrons in DoW2, right? Because now I'm kinda hyped for this future DLC, however it will probably be even more lowbudget than main game. After such teaser i need to play few more matches in multiplayer before giving final thoughts on this game.

Nah. The only Necron in DoW2 was a playable character in Last Stand, I believe.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-D3C29AC88B965D40 - Taken by Hakkelus

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-36CCE26E27FD17DA - Taken by redlacs

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-AB4675E4B798A9FD - Taken by Javier23

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Goat Simulator GOATY -- MB-17A6C2F6441511A7 - Taken by Kifimbo

Monooboe

Are there any good open world 2D games? I have a craving to just disappear into a game and open worlds are my jam, with a heavy dose of RPG.

Are there any good open world 2D games? I have a craving to just disappear into a game and open worlds are my jam, with a heavy dose of RPG.

Not sure in what way you want open world, but Hollow Knight and Guacamelee as Metroidvanias offer a lot of freedom of exploration.

Monooboe

Open world 2d?

As in metroidvania?

Yeah that would work, any perspective really but I was mostly just thinking about 2D as in something that can be run on a intel GPU.

Not sure in what way you want open world, but Hollow Knight and Guacamelee as Metroidvanias offer a lot of freedom of exploration.

Ah yeah I would be all over Hollow Knight, but it's little too demanding for my PC. Might go back to Guacamelee though.

axiom verge is a good metroidvania

Ah yeah loved it! Something other like that would be sweet.

Jalal

Yeah that would work, any perspective really but I was mostly just thinking about 2D as in something that can be run on a intel GPU.

Factorio would seem to fit your bill of a vast 2D world you can really sink you time into, but I'm not too sure how hard its hits your cpu.

I'd 2nd the recommendation of Guacamelee.

If you want a great 2D timesink for potato PCs, FTL or Spelunky are both masterpieces. I personally love Risk of Rain too but its an acquired taste for some. And BroForce is amazing.

Source: Most played games on my potato AMD GPU-less laptop.

Monooboe

Factorio would seem to fit your bill of a vast 2D world you can really sink you time into, but I'm not too sure how hard its hits your cpu.

I'd 2nd the recommendation of Guacamelee.

If you want a great 2D timesink for potato PCs, FTL or Spelunky are both masterpieces. I personally love Risk of Rain too but its an acquired taste for some. And BroForce is amazing.

Source: Most played games on my potato AMD GPU-less laptop.

Oh right FTL! Been meaning to try it out for the longest time.

Yeah Risk of Rain has been played alot, only have one achivement missing it.XD

Knytt Underground doesn't get enough love

Oh I've always dismissed it, don't really know why. Will keep an eye on it.:D

Nier Automata is down to $39 on cdkeys and you can get another 5% off from their Facebook thing.

Incredible game but their pathetic disregard for the state of the PC version since release kind of sours what would otherwise have been a wholehearted recommendation.

Grief.exe

Nier Automata is down to $39 on cdkeys and you can get another 5% off from their Facebook thing.

Incredible game but their pathetic disregard for the state of the PC version since release kind of sours what would otherwise have been a wholehearted recommendation.

Sega has already had Platinum work on a Bayonetta patch, and it looks like Little Stone Software is currently working on a Vanquish patch.

Ah yeah I would be all over Hollow Knight, but it's little too demanding for my PC. Might go back to Guacamelee though.

What GPU?

Hollow Knight runs on the GPD WIN, so most Intel integrated should run it at lower settings?

data

What GPU?

Hollow Knight runs on the GPD WIN, so most Intel integrated should run it at lower settings?

It runs on the gpd win at a not so locked 60fps at 704x400 res. Which is okay since the GPD win has a small screen but it would look insanely blurry on bigger screens. Intel HD's won't get the game to run at more than 30fps on 720p.

Kssio_Aug

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I turn Relive on in AMD settings, nothing happens in game. Not shortcut works; anything. Is there something I should do to make it work?

I tried getting OBS Studio but it crashed on me. Heard I had to unninstall RivaTuner, so I decided not to use it. Could it be the issue with Relive?

Started Risen 3 last night, so janky! but I like exploring. Combat is horrible, like 147x worse than The Witcher, I am going to go magic and hope it is better than melee.

Ascheroth

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I turn Relive on in AMD settings, nothing happens in game. Not shortcut works; anything. Is there something I should do to make it work?

I tried getting OBS Studio but it crashed on me. Heard I had to unninstall RivaTuner, so I decided not to use it. Could it be the issue with Relive?
You mean the Relive shortcuts don't work?
You can actually test it without going into a game. If you press the Relive toolbar shortcut (Alt+Z) you should see this:
dAZA1kU.png

otherwise it's not working. In that case I'd probably try restarting first and reinstalling drivers second.
I think you had a Nvidia card recently, right? Might be that some driver remnants are interfering with it. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller to get rid of everything before reinstalling.

Started Risen 3 last night, so janky! but I like exploring. Combat is horrible, like 147x worse than The Witcher, I am going to go magic and hope it is better than melee.

I've played Risen 1. It was pretty eurojanky, but on the whole it was playable. I've heard 2 is much worse and 3 is about on par with 1.

Monooboe

What GPU?

As Data mentioned, it didn't really run well when I tried the demo from humble, it was below 30 on 720p. Better to save the experience when I can run it well.

I'd put nods in for RimWorld or Stardew Valley.

Stardew Valley was my GOTY last year.:D I actually was thinking about just playing that again but feels like I should try and get new experiences.XD RimWorld is high on my want to play list, just waiting for a sale which never seems to come.

Madventure

I've played Risen 1. It was pretty eurojanky, but on the whole it was playable. I've heard 2 is much worse and 3 is about on par with 1.

Two was pretty awesome, I chose to go with guns and thought the game was super easy (When on the hardest difficulty). Then I realized later that guns were also super broken because I shouldn't be basically 1-2 shotting everything in the game besides bosses.

Kssio_Aug

You mean the Relive shortcuts don't work?
You can actually test it without going into a game. If you press the Relive toolbar shortcut (Alt+Z) you should see this:
dAZA1kU.png

otherwise it's not working. In that case I'd probably try restarting first and reinstalling drivers second.
I think you had a Nvidia card recently, right? Might be that some driver remnants are interfering with it. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller to get rid of everything before reinstalling.

Actually I think it was something related to the game. Just to make I test I ran FEZ, and it didn't work, but Alan Wake and Mark of the Ninja worked just fine. With Doom it doesn't work either, but I guess it's because I'm playing with Vulkan.

Yea I loved 1, 2 was forgettable but I enjoyed it and 3 so far is essentially the same gameplay as 1 and 2. Risen just does exploring well and thats my favorite aspect of open world RPGs, or RPGs in general.

Yea I loved 1, 2 was forgettable but I enjoyed it and 3 so far is essentially the same gameplay as 1 and 2. Risen just does exploring well and thats my favorite aspect of open world RPGs, or RPGs in general.

Honestly, one of my favourite parts of Risen (and I think Gothic was the same way) was the way they handled skills and crafting: if you got training from someone else, they had little bits of flavour text telling you how to do something properly - "in order to extract the teeth without breaking them, you have to pincer them tight and pull forward" - that made it feel like you were actually learning instead of filling a bar.

The game is a bit slow in the tutorial island and the first one after that (Antigua). It comes into it's own once you leave that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom