• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm LTTP with this season but I'm still representing Bengals-fandom GAF.

That being said:

DJYx8wOXgAAHdrh.jpg

Is basically how I feel right now.

Striker

Can anyone remember a game that had more wide open uncontested completions than the Vikings did vs. the Saints? That is not an athleticism deficiency, that was bad decisions by the players and poor coaching.

I am about as disappointed as sports can make me right now. I was expecting much better.
Giants-Saints 2015 and the wide open spaces guys like Snead, Colston and Watson got. Spags coached but it didn't matter with the mediocre or worse talent on defense, notably safety. It is also possibly a bad scheme.

My gf thinks he's cute. I should show her that picture.

Anyway, Steelers will be a much tougher test but Vikes looked real good across the board yesterday so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Don't do it. She will leave you for him in a second. No woman can resist the raw animal sexuality of Sam Bradford.

Joei

Vikes did me proud last night.

Bradford looked great last night, I hope he can keep it up throughout the season, have always wanted to see him do well.

I hope the Browns can pull it off against Baltimore. Browns D looks legit, just need Kizer to tighten some things up on offense. If they can somehow win on Sunday, I can see them beating Cinci and Indy as well (granted, even if they lose I can still see them beating Cinci and I'm pretty sure anyone can beat Indy if they don't have Luck.) That would be cray cray for Browns to be 3-1, hell, I'd do a backflip if they're 2-2 which I think is absolutely possible.

Marvin Lewis is never leaving. Cincy is stuck with him & Dalton until the heat death of the universe, or the Jets win their division. Whichever comes first.
They're stuck with him until Mike dies or until the family decides to force him to step down.

Marvin stuck around because despite all the chaos, they were winning and making playoffs

Now they're not, and this year proves last year was no one-year fluke. If he's not gone this offseason, it's simply because he's been given a one year last chance, and 2018 will be his last season period, not just in Cincy
I think I can agree with this as Marvin may just want to go back up to a front office role either for the Bengals or somewhere else. The family may offer Marvin money to make him move upstairs to try and keep Mike calm and pacified and find their next coach.

I think I can agree with this as Marvin may just want to go back up to a front office role either for the Bengals or somewhere else. The family may offer Marvin money to make him move upstairs to try and keep Mike calm and pacified and find their next coach.

This would be ideal if Brown insists on keeping Marvin around. The OC Zampese is horrible though, and considering how long they kept around Bratkowski, that aspect aint' gonna change.

MechDX

Spoiler: Bill O'Brien is sort of a crap head coach.

Right now? yes

I still feel he will be a Bellichik type situation. He will learn from it and his second stop he will be damn good.

Still have no idea how much of the shit show Sunday was on OB and how much was on Smith. Truly sad fact is if it keeps going downhill this season I dont know what exactly has to happen for Smith to be gone

Bowser

HOU @ CIN
BUF @ CAR
CHI @ TB
MIN @ PIT
ARI @ IND
NE @ NO
CLE @ BAL
PHI @ KC
TEN @ JAX
NYJ @ OAK
MIA @ LAC
DAL @ DEN
SF @ SEA
WAS @ LAR
GB @ ATL
DET @ NYG

Right now? yes

I still feel he will be a Bellichik type situation. He will learn from it and his second stop he will be damn good.

Still have no idea how much of the shit show Sunday was on OB and how much was on Smith.

I think he's just another guy that sucks. Dozens of hyped up/touted coaches fail and none of them become the next Belichek. He's supposed to be an offensive guru yet his offenses have constantly been middling and any success he's had is due to being carried by his defense. He's more Brian Billick than Bill Belichek.

MechDX

I think he's just another guy that sucks. Dozens of hyped up/touted coaches fail and none of them become the next Belichek. He's supposed to be an offensive guru yet his offenses have constantly been middling and any success he's had is due to being carried by his defense. He's more Brian Billick than Bill Belichek.

Hence why I want to know who exactly approved of this o line. It was just so damn bad Sunday. Rick signs/drafts players and OB coaches them. Is it the lack of talent or lack of coaching?

Tom Penny

Not sure why he doesn't just run the Pats offense. Any QB can excel in it.

Hence why I want to know who exactly approved of this o line. It was just so damn bad Sunday. Rick signs/drafts players and OB coaches them. Is it the lack of talent or lack of coaching?

That's something that a lot of coaches have to deal with though, and for the most part, very few of them get the benefit of the doubt. Like, could the carousel of head coaches Cleveland has had over the last 5-10 years all secretly be future Hall of Famers held back by a garbage front office? Or is it more likely they are just mediocre head coaches, of which most in the NFL are?

this_guy

When does the new iOS come out

Hi hurricane buddy. How's your neck of the woods?

That's something that a lot of coaches have to deal with though, and for the most part, very few of them get the benefit of the doubt. Like, could the carousel of head coaches Cleveland has had over the last 5-10 years all secretly be future Hall of Famers held back by a garbage front office? Or is it more likely they are just mediocre head coaches, of which most in the NFL are?

Rick Smith is the godfather of one of McNair's grand kids or something so he's never going away. The O-line was an issue being discussed at the end of last season and they did absolutely nothing about it.

Should i even bother watching the Niners this Sunday. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for anything better than abject failure this season. This hurts so much

Rick Smith is the godfather of one of McNair's grand kids or something so he's never going away. The O-line was an issue being discussed at the end of last season and they did absolutely nothing about it.

Again, lots of head coaches have had to deal with bad front office situations. Lots of head coaches have had to deal with shaky roster decisions. But just like with players, after a while you are who you are.

We're ok. No damage.

Mashing

If BoB starts Watson he should be fired on the spot. I mean, I guess if you want to get your franchise QB killed it's a sound decision but by all other metrics it's a awful decision.

I think what the Texans need to do is just sign all the OL on the other teams practice squads and then play a game of red rover to see who doesn't allow anyone to break through. Sign them up to play against Cincy.

Or sign TJ Yates

Vixdean

Nothing wrong in theory with a $1000 phone, for many people including myself it's the one product they use more than any other on a daily basis. The question is whether it actually includes features that make it worth 50% or more than other phones on the market.

MechDX

Sure they did. They refused to negotiate with their all-pro left tackle.

If it is about money no one has said it or leaked it. if he just shows up he gets paid 9.5 million for the season.

Nothing has gotten out from either side. His wife Devi "Dev" Brown just moved to LA from Houston and isnt hurting for money. You just start looking at all possibilities for his hold out when nothing really gets out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom