• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

kikiribu

If I download this demo, will I have to download the full game again? Just asking since it says full game trial and it's over 43gb..
I don’t think so. It’s probably similar to a lot of the demos in the PS Store in that it’s actually the full game with content blocked out for the demo.

prarts

Whole presentation is amazing (menus, icons, fonts, classy music - all fits) and graphics, dem graphics.

a0AtqnZ.png

Zn8PrGN.png

CrHZrsn.jpg

AtkO

Whole presentation is amazing (menus, icons, fonts, classy music - all fits) and graphics, dem graphics.

a0AtqnZ.png

Zn8PrGN.png

CrHZrsn.jpg

This is what's amazing about GT, the cars are affected by every single effect the rest of the environment is being hit with. I just watched the review from Forza 7 on a YT channel with some fog, and the cars appear more or less crystal clear...

Crayon

Ha my first replay was a mustang and a gtr on a rally course in an overcast condition and lots of high angles. That was likely the worst case scenario for a graphical impression. It really didn't look very good overall.

Waiting for next one. The graphics on the top screen are sick tho.

Crayon

Whoa shit.... My next replay was prototypes at button Willow at dusk. Great camerawork. Whoa fuck that was awesome!

Okay I'm on a pspoor with a an older panny viera 1080p tv.

Aliasing: there's clearly noticeable jaggies pretty much where you would expect on clean strait edges. Not like it's alit but I expected it to be pristine for so excited reason. Probably from looking at screenshots for so long instead of the real thing.

Overall impression: who. Shit. Wtf. This looks amazing. Wtf. I don't know what to say atm.

Framerates: in the replay, i can tell it's 30 but I think the are blowing it all on this motion blur. The camera keeps on the car and the whole world is this beautiful blur from it's point of reference. For the replay, I can understand chopping the framerates for this blur. Smooth as silk.

In the cockpit, framerates is immediatly familiar sensation of 60fps.

Sound: The Doppler and other positinal cues are super nice. It does sound realitic, but it doesn't really sound like the car would in the seat or even standing close to the car. This sounds like prototype cars from a distance, where they arguably sound more smooth and sonorous. Im going to have to assume that was artistic liberty.

Okay so my second replay was probably near best case scenario after my first was the worst.

Let's keep watching.

prarts

Ha my first replay was a mustang and a gtr on a rally course in an overcast condition and lots of high angles. That was likely the worst case scenario for a graphical impression. It really didn't look very good overall.
Well, not everything and everywhere looks great, here is "3d animated scape" (or whatever it`s called now):
oEUvQIS.jpg

Trees bit map or environmental map is clearly low res here.

Crayon

Well, not everything and everywhere looks great, here is "3d animated scape" (or whatever it`s called now):
oEUvQIS.jpg

Trees bit map or environmental map is clearly low res here.

I've seen 4 replays now and that rally course came up again and it's just not too hot looking. The lighting got better this time and it just magnetizes your eyes to the cars so it was better but the course looks booty. The dirt surface especially and thats a major part it the image.

The other two replays have looked fuckin awesome tho. Wow.

Sebmugi

Yes this is pretty much the only technical reproach that can be made with some shadows that flash a little too much in replays...
besides this sequence in 3D in the woods is the worst of all, they would do meiux to remove it ..

Crayon

This game makes me want a new TV and a pro lol. I'm getting overstimulated.

The music ... "And there you will see, the eye of God..."

The scapes are almost creepy. You can just barely tell the car isn't real.

Putty

Happy they capped the replays to 30fps as the beta was unlocked and suffered noticeable judder due to the inconsistent rate. The level of polish, oh man!

Crayon

Oof some of the shadows pop in pretty harsh. It's just a ps4 after all. Overall this is incredible work. I love these guys. The presentation is so ultra classy too.

THIS IS THE BEST NON INTERACTIVE DEMO IVE EVER NOT PLAYED.

Ardenyal

The only thing that bothers me about the graphics is that every car has the same set of headlights. Same temperature, same brightness. Makes front shots look a bit off imo.

Are you guys taking the screenshots on Pro. Game looks amazing on PS4 but the image quality and aliasing isn't as good as those shots. Game makes me want a Pro ;___;

It still says "beta" instead of "demo" all over?

Thats just the name of the version. I can see why it has led to confusion with the media xD

Putty

Are you guys taking the screenshots on Pro. Game looks amazing on PS4 but the image quality and aliasing isn't as good as those shots. Game makes me want a Pro ;___;

Thats just the name of the version. I can see why it has led to confusion with the media xD

I'm on Pro downsampled 1080p tv. Image quality is sublime...A marked step up from the beta (I know there were no Pro optimisations back then).

bud

i do have to ask about the jaggy shadows. they've been like that since gt5.

surely, it's not due to system limitations (anymore), right? why are they like that?

please explain.

i do have to ask about the jaggy shadows. they've been like that since gt5.

surely, it's not due to system limitations (anymore), right? why are they like that?

please explain.
System limitations mate.

It still runs on a jaguar and an outdated graphics card.

Top Bottom