• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Maybe slide head first and keep his body low?

I mean it isn't like you guys got screwed, that was the correct call.
In what world was that the correct call? He beat the throw thwre, he was on the base before being tagged. In the spirit of the game he was safe. Not like he got hosed or something.

zulux21

Wait what

hmmm Kahnle is an odd addition unless they are getting something nice in return.
he is controlled through 2021 and could easily be part of the new team in 2019 or so.
that being said... sell high.

Matt Kardos

I know for certain that the White Sox covet Jorge Mateo. Could be a guy who goes if a trade is pulled off.

Mateo can't be the headliner. Wonder who else is going. Please don't be Rutherford.

I could see him being the main person.
and perhaps a decent looking A pitcher that won't be ready until 2021 or so if he even pans out.

either way the yankees aren't likely to have a one sided trade like the diamondbacks.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Bruce Levine‏ @MLBBruceLevine 42s42 seconds ago
More
The Yankees are the team closest to getting a deal done with Chicago Wh Sox Robertson-Frazier and Kahnle going if deal completed

The hell?
blocking the red sox from getting them. is this 2003 again?

Malo

Banned
hmmm Kahnle is an odd addition unless they are getting something nice in return.
he is controlled through 2021 and could easily be part of the new team in 2019 or so.
that being said... sell high.
That's what scares me about this deal. Robertson and Frazier could be salary dumps, but Kahnle's inclusion means we're giving up something nice.

blocking the red sox from getting them. is this 2003 again?
To be fair, all three would be an upgrade over what we have, especially if Frazier is going to play 1b.

Chris R

In what world was that the correct call? He beat the throw thwre, he was on the base before being tagged. In the spirit of the game he was safe. Not like he got hosed or something.

Again, we've had this shit called on us multiple times this year sliding into second. Our guys are fast, maybe too fast, and tend to slide off the bag.

You have to KEEP contact with the bag until time is called, or you will be called out.

Not like the Astros needed an extra run to beat us toniht.

zulux21

That's what scares me about this deal. Robertson and Frazier could be salary dumps, but Kahnle's inclusion means we're giving up something nice.

To be fair, all three would be an upgrade over what we have, especially if Frazier is going to play 1b.

I know you aren't high up on frazier though he could return at least an okay AA prospect but robertson isn't just a salary dump as a good reliever has value in this market.

Malo

Banned
I know you aren't high up on frazier though he could return at least an okay AA prospect but robertson isn't just a salary dump as a good reliever has value in this market.
The market is oversaturated with relievers. Last year would have been the best time to trade him.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo‏ @AnthonyDiComo

The left side of the Mets' infield has recorded -27 Defensive Runs Saved this season. That's 30th in MLB and it's not remotely close.

zulux21

The market is oversaturated with relievers. Last year would have been the best time to trade him.

perhaps but he still will require a decent return to get.

the white sox might even eat some salary to get a better return as the point right now is to get good players.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Again, we've had this shit called on us multiple times this year sliding into second. Our guys are fast, maybe too fast, and tend to slide off the bag.

You have to KEEP contact with the bag until time is called, or you will be called out.

Not like the Astros needed an extra run to beat us toniht.
it's still chickenshit regardless of who it happens to. Like I said on the last page fielders should hit the runners as hard as they can while tagging them in the hopes to knock them off the bag, if even for a split second. It's like a cop writing you a speeding ticket for doing 61 in 60.

"In the spirit of the game"? Haha, that's a new one.
Whats your point?
Have you not heard of spirit of the law vs letter of the law?

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 2m2 minutes ago
The #Yankees-#WhiteSox deal presumably will become official at the conclusion of the White-Sox-#Dodgers game.

It's pretty amazing that absolutely nothing has leaked yet.

Malo

Banned
Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 2m2 minutes ago
The #Yankees-#WhiteSox deal presumably will become official at the conclusion of the White-Sox-#Dodgers game.

It's pretty amazing that absolutely nothing has leaked yet.
Speculation on twitter is that Mateo would be in the deal. Don't know who else.

Speculation on twitter is that Mateo would be in the deal. Don't know who else.

FWIW One of the writers for a White Sox prospect site has said that Rutherford is in the deal, but take that with a huge grain of salt even though he had some good info in the past

edit:
Bob Nightengale@BNightengale 9:07 PM
The #Yankees are sending outfielder Blake Rutherford, their first-round pick in 2016, to the #WhiteSox as part of the deal.

Guess he was right.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Bob Nightengale @BNightengale

The #Yankees are sending outfielder Blake Rutherford, their first-round pick in 2016, to the #WhiteSox as part of the deal.

Malo

Banned
If it's a choice of Florial or Rutherford, I'll take Florial. Florial has broken out while Rutherford has a bit struggled this season while being at the same level. I know Law has soured on him a little bit, but I still believe in his upside and he's only 20.

The white sox system is ridiculous.

Windu

sad to say...but they probably have a better system than the braves now. (braves still have more BA top 100 players though)

Looks like they have more position player talent which is less risky than the pitchers the braves have.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
rays should have sold on blake snell when he tricked people into thinking he wasnt fucking trash.

basically prospects suck, trade him while you can. yanks got the right approach smh

Choomp

Banned
Nightengale and Sherman both say Blake Rutherford is the centerpiece in the deal

Edit: Oh man I'm way late here with this one. Choomps scoops ded

Mark Feinsand
@Feinsand

Source: Tyler Clippard is part of the package that would head to the White Sox if/when the Robertson/Frazier/Kahnle deal is completed.

zulux21

Rutherford is going in the deal, not Mateo. Damn.

rutherford is #3 and mateo #4 I think I would rather have mateo... but i like super speedy guys lol.

though rutherford seems decently fast himself.

I imagine rutherford over mateo is because rutherford is further away from being ready.

Tyler Clippard going to the White Sox as well. Probably the only team he hasn't played for before.

Interesting that the Sox arewilling to eat his contract.

Windu

Nightengale and Sherman both say Blake Rutherford is the centerpiece in the deal

Edit: Oh man I'm way late here with this one. Choomps scoops ded

Mark Feinsand
@Feinsand

Source: Tyler Clippard is part of the package that would head to the White Sox if/when the Robertson/Frazier/Kahnle deal is completed.
Ready or not, here he comes.

does he still have that song as his entrance song? i always laugh when i heard it when he came in.

Windu

Breaking News:

Nick Markakis has hit a HR. I repeat, Nick Markakis has hit a HR.

Big #5.

of course it was against John Lackey so it should probably he worth half a run.

Malo

Banned
rutherford is #3 and mateo #4 I think I would rather have mateo... but i like super speedy guys lol.

though rutherford seems decently fast himself.

I imagine rutherford over mateo is because rutherford is further away from being ready.
Those rankings are old. Guys like Adams and Wade (Fowler would have as well) will probably leap frog him when BA and MLB pipeline update the Yankees top ten list.

Mateo repeated high A for two months and was bad. BA left him off their top 100 midseason update. He only got promoted to AA because Torres got promoted AAA, but Mateo has been killing it since he got promoted (small sample size)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

rutherford and clarkin r in deal, as suspected, and reported/confirmed by @BNightengale @Joelsherman1 #chisox #yanks

Edit -

Bryan Hoch @BryanHoch

So far, acc. to reports:

NYY get: T. Frazier, T. Kahnle, D. Robertson

CHW get: I. Clarkin, T. Clippard, B. Rutherford

Nothing official.

zulux21

Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

rutherford and clarkin r in deal, as suspected, and reported/confirmed by @BNightengale @Joelsherman1 #chisox #yanks

Edit -

Bryan Hoch @BryanHoch

So far, acc. to reports:

Nothing official.

even if that is it I would say the white sox did better than the tigers :p

I am expecting one more no name player for the white sox though.

Jon Heyman‏ @JonHeyman

Edit -

Bryan Hoch @BryanHoch

So far, acc. to reports:

Nothing official.

I think the Yankees will have to send one or two lottery ticket kind of guys.

Windu

Those rankings are old. Guys like Adams and Wade (Fowler would have as well) will probably leap frog him when BA and MLB pipeline update the Yankees top ten list.

Mateo repeated high A for two months and was bad. BA left him off their top 100 midseason update. He only got promoted to AA because Torres got promoted AAA, but Mateo has been killing it since he got promoted (small sample size)
Based on BA's mid season top 100

Torres
Rutherford
Frazier
Adams
Florial
Sheffield
Fowler

3N16MA

Banned
The pen has cost the Yanks of late even if it is still solid. This should add depth and improve it. Kahnle is the real get as he has been outstanding and is under control. Relievers are
commanding a premium.

I guess the Yanks are on the other side this time around

zulux21

Frazier seems like a sneaky buy-low rental that has a chance of producing real value for the Yankees in the second half

really don't know what is low about him aside from his average. he is getting on base plenty despite the average, has power, and fields a decent third.

he isn't an elite bat but he is far from bad.

3N16MA

Banned
Kahnle seems like the piece the Yanks really wanted. What concerns me a bit is that he basically has 37 elite innings as a reliever.

really don't know what is low about him aside from his average. he is getting on base plenty despite the average, has power, and fields a decent third.

he isn't an elite bat but he is far from bad.

Well, yeah, mostly the average. There's a good chance that corrects itself out and he starts doing a lot better. His value is just probably down just a bit because of it.

That and the Tigers setting the rental position player market at a bag of balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom