• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's Osiris (PoP Zero 2) has new video leak, rough "trailer"/images [Canceled]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Quentyn said:
Polygon has a statement from Ubisoft. The game is canceled.

Update: "The content in question was from a Ubisoft project that is no longer moving forward," a Ubisoft representative tells Polygon.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/29/3931270/ubisoft-rumored-prince-of-persia-reboot-osiris-leaked-video

---

Trailer: http://vimeopro.com/user12793828/mark-kilian/video/48410769

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5523MGHVI8s

(It's a production video.)

Via: https://twitter.com/supererogatory/status/296460041878392834

Via:

What do we know about Osiris? All I can find is this rough demo video.
http://vimeopro.com/user12793828/mark-kilian/video/48410769

---

osiris1gasze.jpg

osiris3r1s55.jpg

osiris6oos8x.jpg

osiris7qzsqs.jpg

osiris8wxsib.jpg

osiris2wxsve.jpg

osiris4zgsw8.jpg

osiris507sbc.jpg

---

You'll remember the old assets here from Wario64:

DatDude

Banned
I'm guessing it's this gen (or maybe cross) since it's been in development for presumably 2 years already (wouldn't be surprised at a late 2013/early 2014 release either)

Also, I'm assuming this is some new historical ip? From what I understand Ubi said that Prince of Persia is currently on hiatus regarding it's future direction.

Regardless hyped, if nothing more than to play another game in a sweet historical setting like ancient Egypt.

Zapages

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5523MGHVI8s

Please OP include this info:

It looks like everything is fitting together. They have turned PoP Zero 2 into Osiris.... This was the rumored God of War meets Shadow of the Colossus game (rumored, when the game was first initialized). Also this makes even more sense as Jordan Mechner has said that was not POP, which explains why PoP is on hiatus according to Ubisoft.

Please remember things change during development.

DatDude

Banned
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5523MGHVI8s

Please OP include this info:

It looks like everything is fitting together. They have turned PoP Zero 2 into Osiris.... This was the rumored God of War meets Shadow of the Colossus game (rumored, when the game was first initialized). Also this makes even more sense as Jordan Mechner has said that was not POP, which explains why PoP is on hiatus according to Ubisoft.

Please remember things change during development.

So are we to expect this to be open world?

i-Lo

Le wild Graham McTavish appears.

Seriously though, I do wonder if he was talking of this.

And Nirolak, thank you for this thread.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Ubisoft PR - "What gamers thought was a shit framerate in Assassin's Creed 3 was actually a preview of our next gen 'slow motion hero' technology."

DatDude

Banned
Fixed and yes they were.

Could you maybe mention which?

Far Cry 3 was fucking amazing..

Rayman Origins is probably the best 2d platformer this gen.

Now, AC3 was a bit of a disappointment, but only because it failed to progress the series further and continued to stick to it's laurels.

In it's own right..if it was a new ip, it would be critically acclaimed by everyone.

so again, what ubisoft games have ruined ubi's reputation?

i-Lo

So this may end up being the same genre as GoW.

Also what is "CU" (mouthCU) which kept on popping up? (capture unit?)

Derrick01

Banned

Now, AC3 was a bit of a disappointment, but only because it failed to progress the series further and continued to stick to it's laurels.

In it's own right..if it was a new ip, it would be critically acclaimed by everyone.

Far Cry 3, AC3, Splinter Cell Conviction, AC Liberation, most of the current gen Tom Clancy stuff.

DatDude

Banned
Far Cry 3, AC3, Splinter Cell Conviction, AC Liberation, most of the current gen Tom Clancy stuff.

Far Cry 3 was great, if you didn't like it your loss.

AC3-okay, it was a downgrade, I agree. 1 point.

Splinter Cell Conviction was a step backwards from previous Splinter Cell games, but in it's own right it was still a great game regardless. I know your a big stealth aficionado, so I imagine the downgrade of the stealth aspect was HUGE for you..but to me, it didn't hurt the game all to much.

AC Liberation-It was a low budget vita game, made by some b-tier studio.

Btw, wasn't there only 1 current gen tom clancy game released so far?

Derrick01

Banned
Far Cry 3 was great, if you didn't like it your loss.

AC3-okay, it was a downgrade, I agree. 1 point.

Splinter Cell Conviction was a step backwards from previous Splinter Cell games, but in it's own right it was still a great game regardless. I know your a big stealth aficionado, so I imagine the downgrade of the stealth aspect was HUGE for you..but to me, it didn't hurt the game all to much.

AC Liberation-It was a low budget vita game, made by some b-tier studio.

Btw, wasn't there only 1 current gen tom clancy game released so far?

2 hawx, about to be 2 splinter cells, endwar, 2 rainbow six's, 2 ghost recon advanced warfighters.

FC3 is also everything that's wrong with modern open world games. Horribly designed game outside of the missions. Open world games should encourage its freedom and experimentation, not give me a bunch of fetch quests and generic kill quests.

I've heard about this game for a while from a friend who formally worked at Ubi. It was basically PoP meets free-roam Shadow of the Colossus. Ran into lots of production problems. Still don't know the status of it.

Pooya

last game I played that was set in ancient Egypt somewhat, is Age of Mythology, 10 years ago. Surprisingly underused setting.
going by that screenshot this is probably going to be on ps360 too. seems doable.

RIP Prince of Persia.

LeleSocho

Banned

This game is made by the studio who made AC aka the ones who made for 4-5 times in a row a game that is all eye candy and horrendous gameplay

Rayman is no match to the nintendo ones sorry (aside kirby epic yarn), always the same story... eye candy and weak gameplay.

Also the SH as a whole is known to make buggy games etc. etc.
i don't want continue further this argument i said i'm interested and i'll look it from far away

Top Bottom