• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KKK leader threatens to 'burn' black Latina journalist and calls her a 'n*****'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
In his interview with Ms Calderón, Mr Barker referred to her as a "n*****” and a "mongrel". He also claimed that his organisation was a Christian group, not a hate group, and that he did not consider himself a racist.
WOW

Boasting about burning immigrants and Jews, calling her a nigger and a mongrel, but not a racist. What would be considered racist in his eyes, I wonder.

Zenner

In the actual article, the first sentence you quoted ( "KKK Grand Dragon says I'm 'glad' Heather Heyer died in Charlottesville" ) is the headline to another news article; it's a clickable link, with it's own image, in its own separate area. It's not part of the OP's article, and is not intended to be read as part of the timeline of events.

nynt9

I really wish the news would not talk to them. Just because they are allowed to speak doesn't mean they need to be repeated, validated or reported on as important or interesting.

It's almost like, as long as they're allowed to speak, they'll keep speaking and others will give them a spotlight because controversy sells and a free market of ideas will never not be a race to the bottom.

both African and Colombian heritage

The African part comes from Colombia too right? In that case they should have just said afro-colombian, you don't call for example beyonce a singer of African and American heritage.

I really wish the news would not talk to them. Just because they are allowed to speak doesn't mean they need to be repeated, validated or reported on as important or interesting.

This is what I've been saying, everytime they interview them, everytime the media shows up to the rallys, every time someone posts another article, and posts another meme or whatever.

People have literally given these people a bigger platform then they ever could have accomplished by dancing around a fucking statue.

Yes people are aware, noone is a staunch KKK member, then see's a meme and suddenly changed his ways. Everytime the Media does something on them, its makes them bolder and more proud of their narrative, and seeing the people hate them does it as well.

Its like calling a fish wet and acting like its a fucking insult.

mAcOdIn

I WANT to be disturbed but these people don't really seem to be willing to die for their belief as I brought up in another thread (which is how they would truly be dangerous on a massive scale), they are scared but not enough to risk their lives as they are in a continous cycle of cognative dissonance which is probably why they cycle through, hate rage and sadness. So if in a dire situation, rather than go all out, they will search for sympathy with tears.
Allow me to disagree here. I think that if more(because clearly some are, not just this weekend but throughout recent history) of them were willing to kill for their beliefs they'd be gone already because we as a country would have been forced to take them on. Random protester this quarter, random person walking on the street last quarter, peaceful church goers another quarter, it makes the headlines for a while but without constant uninterrupted killings it's all dismissed as the work of a lone psycho. And sure, race probably plays a part in it, white America probably fears an Islamic terrorist attack more because it could be them next but a white supremacist's not likely to off another random white person. But even with the race factor if these guys were organized and killing en mass the nation would have to intervene.

But with them as they are look what they've accomplished, they have the fucking Presidency, they continue to push the GOP further right and, again, they have the fucking Presidency! They probably kill more people of color every year through their infiltration of police forces across the country and harmful laws targeting minorities than they ever could in actual open conflict where the government would be forced to fight them. And make no mistake, since we're not in an open conflict with them they'll continue to operate for years, decades, systematically killing people of color through harsh laws, overly zealous policing and a rotten criminal justice system. And make no mistake, if we did openly fight them we might actually really have a chance to reform the entire justice system, the conversation that America would have to have with itself after essentially putting down a rebellion from the KKK, neo-nazi's and the like would probably dwarf any before it bar ending slavery. There would be a huge chance to clean house around the country. The people that merely "tolerate" white supremacy but don't want to be called racists will find their hands forced but to go against the KKK and neo-nazis for the sake of maintaining their fragile little illusion of holding the moral high ground.

Because that is how this is operating here. Sessions may be a racist and it may be transparent to many but he wants that illusion of not being a racist, he at least wants it to be a question in many's minds, so he'll throw us a bone, maybe he will press hate crime charges against that punk from Charlotsville, but meanwhile he'll continue with his racist agenda pointing to the few times he was on the right side of justice as proof he's not a racist. Even Donald Trump's trying to walk that line, denouncing the KKK and neo-nazis but defending civil war monuments and comparing Robert E. Lee to George Washington. But if everyone in the nation were forced to publicly pick a side most would pick the side that allows them to present a non-racist facade to the rest of the country and world and that'd mean turning against the KKK and neo-nazis.

Which isn't to say I want them all to actually start getting violent and more often, from the perspective of now that'd be terrible, but from a futuristic perspective the quicker we stamp this out the better.

And the sad truth as to why I feel them turning violent first is the only real way to solve the issue is because I think we're fucking spineless. You may call most of them out about being too chicken to die for their cause but what about us? As long as they're lowkey we're too fucking chickenshit to make an enemy of them ourselves. We should be protecting our fellow Americans by going after them right now, the police, FBI, everyone should be targeting them but neither Republican nor Democrat administrations have had the balls to pick that fight. And unfortunately I don't believe Heather Heyer's loss will fuel us enough to do anything about it when we do take back control.

Being a racist has been decoupled from being a racist.

One is bad. The other is a never-ending series of coincidences, misinterpretations, and mental illnesses.

Whoa whoa whoa y'all telling me the Klan is RACIST?

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to where the story is here. This all sounds par for the course for these assholes. I guess him claiming not to be a racist while saying it is somewhat of a twist, but even that's done on a daily basis.

IrishNinja

almost no one considers themselves a racist, no idea why any stock is put in that self-evaluation at all
like allyship, i figure bigotry is something you're more likely to hear about/know from others

Hopefully people will also realize that when we call these fucking bottom feeding subhumans Nazis, they realize that they actually are Nazis

in the other thread about Trump and the pigs blood on bullets, there were way too many people saying "don't call them nazis"

these people are literally fucking Nazis

glad i ducked that thread, then
tone-policing liberals/moderates/whatever on that bullshit - especially after last weekend - need to have a dozen seats

He isn't saying what hasn't been saidd a million times before

Same shit that was said Saturday

And the same shit the president cosigns

Xtl8ePh.png

That is part of the problem. No one wants to believe evil exists. Especially if it is a coworker, a friend, or an uncle on facebook.

Until folks are willing to call a spade to spade people like Heather Heyer will continue to pay the price

i mean did you see a swastika tattoo? was it taken in a picture with dude's grandma & 2 forms of gov't ID?
if not, this sounds like more of the tolerant left just callin' whoever disagrees with em nazis

ACLU already handed him a card

The ACLU are doing their job then. Free speech no matter how idiotic should be protected.

Now if we can get the KKK listed as a Terrorist Organisation they won't have a leg to stand on and the ACLU won't have to protect them.

The ACLU are doing their job then. Free speech no matter how idiotic should be protected.

Now if we can get the KKK listed as a Terrorist Organisation they won't have a leg to stand on and the ACLU won't have to protect them.

So even though everyone knows they're a terrorist organization, they should be protected until the government, who is infiltrated by KKK members and has worked openly with them in the past, officially designates them terrorists?

Makes sense

Aiii

So not worth it

Intolerant hate speech should NOT be protected as free speech. It's not in most countries.

So even though everyone knows they're a terrorist organization, they should be protected until the government, who is infiltrated by KKK members and has worked openly with them in the past, officially designates them terrorists?

Makes sense

Intolerant hate speech should NOT be protected as free speech. It's not in most countries.

The ACLU is setup to be an unbiased defense of Free Speech. They've defended Christmas, Religion, Gay, Trans, and more in the past. You don't have to agree with who they defend to support the ACLU.I would rather have them than not have them.

I agree it makes no sense that hate speech should be allowed and in most other countries it wouldn't. There is growing support to get the KKK and all Nazi/Whit supremacists groups declared Terrorist groups. My understanding is that they would not be protected by the ACLU in that event.

Aiii

So not worth it
The ACLU is setup to be an unbiased defense of Free Speech. They've defended Christmas, Religion, Gay, Trans, and more in the past.

Hate speech is not the same as giving a trans rights group a place to speak. Freedom of religion is not the same as hate speech. Freedom of sexuality is not the same as hate speech.

There is not "well if this is allowed, then this should be too" situation here.

Hate speech is not protected under free speech. You cannot put "Jews will not replace us" in the same category as "please don't physically and verbally assault trans people"

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The ACLU is setup to be an unbiased defense of Free Speech. They've defended Christmas, Religion, Gay, Trans, and more in the past. You don't have to agree with who they defend to support the ACLU.I would rather have them than not have them.

I agree it makes no sense that hate speech should be allowed and in most other countries it wouldn't. There is growing support to get the KKK and all Nazi/Whit supremacists groups declared Terrorist groups. My understanding is that they would not be protected by the ACLU in that event.

Free speech is about saying what you want. Hate speech is not speaking your mind, it's a call to action. You can say you think someone is an idiot, and at the same time you cannot say that person should be lynched, burnt and murdered. Do you see the distinction here?

Just sickening to read. What a sad, hate filled life these racists must live. Why would you live a life like that? I cannot understand it.

Hate speech is not the same as giving a trans rights group a place to speak. Freedom of religion is not the same as hate speech. Freedom of sexuality is not the same as hate speech.

Hate speech is not protected under free speech. You cannot put "Jews will not replace us" in the same category as "please don't physically and verbally assault trans people"

Free speech is about saying what you want. Hate speech is not speaking your mind, it's a call to action. You can say you think someone is an idiot, and at the same time you cannot say that person should be lynched, burnt and murdered. Do you see the distinction here?

I agree. It's a shame US law doesn't seem to reflect it. My point is not to protect Hate speech, but to protect the ACLU. The ACLU is doing it's job. Unless you are willing to change the First Amendment or designate them as a terrorist group, the ACLU have to defend them like anyone else.

Suzzopher

We have nothing here in America; ya’ll keep flooding it,” he said. “But like God says – like Yahweh himself says – we will chase you out of here.”

Where is this in the Bible? Do these animals not even realise that the Bible originates from the middle east?

This, so many times.

He's not a racist guys, he said so himself.
/s

He's not racist, he just want person of colors to be killed. :")
Seriously, how can this guy release this line without even blinking an eye.

”We have nothing here in America; ya'll keep flooding it,"
”No, we're going to burn you out."
”We killed 6 million Jews the last time. Eleven million is nothing."
"n*****" and a "mongrel."

...and that he did not consider himself a racist.
What? Why would you not at that point?

Like, I thought the KKK were proud of being racist.

NoRéN

What? Why would you not at that point?

Like, I thought the KKK were proud of being racist.
No. The racist person doesn't see that because in their mind says that their views are justified.

"That n****r? I don't hate'm cuz he's black! I hate him cuz he's lazy and thinks he's the best dancer! That has nothing to do with race!"

"We killed 6 million Jews the last time. Eleven million is nothing."

...?

Like, horrible thing to say, but that only makes sense if the numbers were reversed.

Thank goodness that so many Nazis are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom