• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Game!! - Episode 6

Anyone feel like there is a bit too much fan-service this season? Some good character development and interactions in the first half of the episode. Are those two other characters in the OP going to make an appearance? I don't think they're the high school friends? And why is Yuns VA so friggin good?

Line_HTX

The problem with Terror in Resonance was that it took way too long to even remotely have a sense of purpose or point. I couldn't get past the halfway point before stopping because the pacing was bad, and there was no way they could crunch thing coherently into 11 episodes.

Cornbread78

Darker than Black ep. 11-12
rO6XNXn.png

Furh0fA.png
This show is so confusing. I'm still trying to grasp the contractor's powers and how they manifested and how they work inside and outside the "zone."

blurr

New Game!! - Episode 6

Anyone feel like there is a bit too much fan-service this season? Some good character development and interactions in the first half of the episode. Are those two other characters in the OP going to make an appearance? I don't think they're the high school friends? And why is Yuns VA so friggin good?

Kansai - 'nuff said

Tonton

New Game!! - Episode 6

Hmm i don't think i remember much, i was actually thinking there wasn't that much before this episode (which just had to ruin it)
It's a shame because i have so much fun with the show otherwise

sonicmj1

Terror in Resonance isn't actually bad-bad. It's just.... idk..... Watanabe has a problem with original stories when he no longer works with really strong writers. Macross Plus and Cowboy Bebop were both Keiko Watanabe, who is one of the most talented screenwriters for the sort of drama/series mythology mix Watanabe likes to go for. She's pretty much retired now.

There's some really great action in TiR, great character designs, and an interesting premise. It just shits the bed when it has to introduce a compelling villain and tie everything together. So in the end it feels more like a bad season of 24 than something more memorable.

This is more or less my read on Terror in Resonance as well. Some of the scenes are so well-directed that they manage to be incredibly powerful even well after the writing had gone beyond the point of no return. The raid/bike ride in episode 4, or the Ferris wheel scene in episode 9, are some of the best moments of that year of anime. And the soundtrack in general is absolutely top-notch.

The big issue is the writing, which can't fulfill what it promises at the start of the show, both on a character level and a plot level. That really hurt my overall enjoyment, but it didn't destroy it.

John Blade

Yeah. Basically he said Xenoglossia was an awful show and thus felt the wrath of the powers that be.

So let that be a lesson to you all.

*Search Xenoglossia on google pics. See image of Xenoglossia. Getting confuse of what I am looking at*

So......can someone give me a quick summary of what I am looking at as I am not current in recent anime show now.

Ahhh that's disappointing. I actually grew to like Archer alot, but I just saw the opening for S2 and it pretty much confirmed that
Archer is some form of Shirou
which makes me somehow like him less.
For what it's worth it's largely agreed that fate is a trashy series and that fate zero is the best of this whole series. I've stopped friends from watching fate stay night because the quality between zero and stay night is pretty apparent. In UBW you are also missing a lot of the annoying harem hijinks from what I recall compared to the other Anime if you consider that a positive. The current running fate series has Jack the ripper as a psycho little girl who runs around in a battle thong. And Frankenstein monster is also a waifu.

Kansai - 'nuff said

Oooo is that a different accent? I thought it was just the VA hitting different highs/lows in tone etc.

Hmm i don't think i remember much, i was actually thinking there wasn't that much before this episode (which just had to ruin it)
It's a shame because i have so much fun with the show otherwise

2nd half of episode 5, kinda detracts from the show a bit and doesn't really add to it. The 1st episode definitely had some and the OVA.

duckroll

I guess I was the only one who thought Terror in Resonance was a alright show. It wasn't a bad show although it did have some issues.

It's an alright show if you're not interested in thrillers needing to have good writing I guess? Like I said, it's like a bad 24 season, so some people will find enjoyment in it even when it overall kinda meh. If you need to be invested in the story resolving itself well and characters not being written like idiotic stereotypes, then... it's probably a bad show.

Line_HTX

Getting closer to the two days worth of Owari this weekend.

It's an alright show if you're not interested in thrillers needing to have good writing I guess? Like I said, it's like a bad 24 season, so some people will find enjoyment in it even when it overall kinda meh. If you need to be invested in the story resolving itself well and characters not being written like idiotic stereotypes, then... it's probably a bad show.

*Cough Day 6 from 10:00 AM afterwards cough

I went and I didn't see any more dark skin cuties than in tokyo

fuckin anime lying to me

You mean gyaru? That's already dead and anime and manga are just 10 years behind the real world as usual.

The fact that anime barely includes stuff like social media is telling. Still waiting for my magical girl show with girls going out with Gopro cams and live streaming, that genre still operates like the past 20 years.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Quest Episode 19:

Yea, the festival is at this point going to be the series end point but in the mean time Maki as we see her strained home life and yea can't imagine why she doesn't want to move back to such a toxic place.

Cornbread78

School Rumble S2 ep. 23-24

Yup, as I was warned, this is going to be a FU anime viewers "ending." Pretty funny stuff, but I'm sad there are only two episodes remaining with no conclusions possible...

Tonton

Oooo is that a different accent? I thought it was just the VA hitting different highs/lows in tone etc.

2nd half of episode 5, kinda detracts from the show a bit and doesn't really add to it. The 1st episode definitely had some and the OVA.
Wait... Isn't 5 the latest one? I thought that was what you were talking about only remember much in that and episode 1 this season

Szadek

Hi AnimeGAF,

I just watched Fate/Zero after hearing how good it was for years and liked it alot. I thought Kiritsugu was an amazing protagonist and although the pacing in the middle of the series was pretty bad, I was totally captivated by the final half of S2.

I started Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and got to the end of S1 and...I'm having a bit of a mixed reaction. Shirou is a bit insufferable as a main character and nothing seems to have half the weight that Fate/Zero's storyline had, although I am enjoying the action sequences alot and its beautifully animated. It just seems like no one really has any defined motivations to be doing anything they're doing. Does it get better in S2? I'm starting to wonder if this series is worth watching or if I should just watch the pretty fights on Youtube instead.
Fate/Zero is by the best part of the series, primarily because it was written by Gen Urobuchi, unlike anything else fate related.
You should check out his other works if you like F/Z.

Kenstar

You mean gyaru? That's already dead and anime and manga are just 10 years behind the real world as usual.

The fact that anime barely includes stuff like social media is telling. Still waiting for my magical girl show with girls going out with Gopro cams and live streaming, that genre still operates like the past 20 years.

not the ganguro stuff, actual tanned darker skinned southerners and shit
Like Hibiki from iM@s, etc

(trust me im an expert on le nippon no bunka [TL NOTE: Nippon=Nihon, Bunka=Culture])

petran79

Banned
omg what is the haibane renmei one and where can I get it x__x

I think I must have ordered it from Amazon over 10 years ago. You can still get it though it is far more expensive, almost double the price. There is also a cheaper version but I am not sure it contains the booklet.

But I dont like this

91YE4YJBkHL._SY679_.jpg

when compared to this

haibanerenmei.jpg

Line_HTX

not the ganguro stuff, actual tanned darker skinned southerners and shit
Like Hibiki from iM@s, etc

(trust me im an expert on le nippon no bunka [TL NOTE: Nippon=Nihon, Bunka=Culture])

Umiko is the Okinawa one you're looking for rather than Hibiki.

aPBqeCd.png

moogs

Neo Member
THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls 03

Prosciutto e melone sounds good if pineapple and ham is anything to go by. It would have been neat to see how that game of Jenga played out. I hope the quality holds up; some character art here was of slight quality.

Rankings: 1. Uzuki; 2. Anastasia; 3. Mika; 4. ▲Rin; 5. Chihiro; 6. ▲Producer; 7. ▼▼Miku; 8. ▲Rika; 9. ▼Kirari; 10. Chieri and Miho; 12. Akane; 13. ▼Ranko; 14. Rookie Trainer; 15. ▼Mio; 16. Miria; 17. Trainer; 18. ▼Kanako; 19. ▼Riina; 20. Minami and Mizuki; 22. Mayu; 23. Anzu

Kenstar

Umiko is the Okinawa one you're looking for rather than Hibiki.

aPBqeCd.png

I didnt know who you were talking about at first (Umi Kousaka>Umiko?) and was gonna get into some old_man_yells_at_these_non-1st-gen_iMas_'me_too'_gatcha_hussies.jpg but that's the new game girl huh

Wait... Isn't 5 the latest one? I thought that was what you were talking about only remember much in that and episode 1 this season

Yeah no you're right, I'm just saying, specially in ep. 5 it was overblown and too fanservicey, needs to be more natural eh eh?

I saw this over on r/gundam: So in Gundam Ace, they pulled female readers on their most loved female characters from the franchise

and their most hated:

No lies detected in the hated category. lol

I'm about half way through Wing now and I don't see anything particularly impressive about Relena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom