• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 3 live streaming today at 5 PM EST

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, John, now you made me want gameplay footage. I NEED IT IN MY VEINS RIGHT NAO.

So, did you take videos and all that or something? Please?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Not fake, that's from the gameplay video. They can do 2500 human characters on screen with AnvilNext. That's the battle of bunker hill. You weave throughout line of fire to assassinate the captain on top of that hill in the background

:D

I really want to see the footage now. It's pretty obvious that they are going to cut some corners to get all those soldiers on screen, but it should still be such an awesome experience that I won't really care.

Irish

He can crouch and hide in bushes and stuff. He also carries over momentum; i.e., he never stops moving in assassinations or combat. So think he does the diving hidden blade stab but doesnt do the dramatic pause where he holds the kill - he goes right into a roll and springs up swinging his tomahawk

Yeah, I've read about that in the previews. It just seems weird that they would keep the fast walk when they spent so much time talking about how certain things belong to certain characters.

Zeliard

Wow, those soldiers are mad low poly even up close. Take a look at that guy at his feet.

Realities of console-centric development. That's probably the only way they can really fit that many people on-screen in an open-world game.

That's gonna be a lot of dudes to stab in the neck.

Yeah, I've read about that in the previews. It just seems weird that they would keep the fast walk when they spent so much time talking about how certain things belong to certain characters.

Why would fast walking be exclusive to a certain character? That doesn't make much sense. :p

Irish

So will the banjo kid from Deliverance be in the game?

Well, drummers certainly will be:

OXM said:
Besides the basic Limey infantry, the Templars will field heavy-hitters in the form of axe-wielding Scotsmen, and support types in the form of drummers, who'll summon reinforcements if left unmolested. You'll even square off against fellow Native Americans, reflecting fierce divisions among the tribes of the era.

___

Zeliard said:
Why would fast walking be exclusive to a certain character? That doesn't make much sense. :p

There really isn't a point to it other than to pickpocket (something else that should be left behind).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
If they are saying it's fake, they are liars and thieves. I literally just saw it this afternoon. He starts at the top and hears the famous 'don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes speech" which is in that pic with all the blue coats. Then the patriots charge the red guys on the hill. And you follow behind the army, and you can choose to go right or left, right is action, left is stealth. you dodge some cannon fire, get close to the bottom of the hill (like that pic), then you can either try and run up it or go to the left and around the hill (toward that ship in the background). that's when the video shows tree and forest maneuvering and the rope dart and human shields and musket fire and a 6 on 1 fight. etc etc. it was like 10 min long but it had Alex H doing commentary throughout, so maybe its 5 min of footage.

I can't imagine this is spoilers or anything, considering it's a public event.

If they are saying it's fake, they are liars and thieves. I literally just saw it this afternoon. He starts at the top and hears the famous 'don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes speech" which is in that pic with all the blue coats. Then the patriots charge the red guys on the hill. And you follow behind the army, and you can choose to go right or left, right is action, left is stealth. you dodge some cannon fire, get close to the bottom of the hill (like that pic), then you can either try and run up it or go to the left and around the hill (toward that ship in the background). that's when the video shows three and forest maneuvering and the rope dart and human shields and musket fire and a 6 on 1 fight. etc etc. it was like 10 min long but it had Alex H doing commentary throughout, so maybe its 5 min of footage

I reckon something will leak soon.

Kinyou

Slow leaks are the worst leaks

abandonthread42ne0f.gif

It's called compromise. They have to do that with limited tech. Draw distance is something they probably figured is more important in the long run.
Those models are fine 30 feet away. It looks pretty bad up close. needs a higher polygon count upclose. The leg looks like its 4 sided.

Zeliard

I'm not talking about draw distance. Those models are fine 30 feet away. It looks pretty bad up close. needs a higher polygon count upclose. The leg looks like its 4 sided.

Look at the sheer number of characters on-screen in this image, which have to be drawn on-screen at any given time. Remember that this is also an open-world game. They want armies off in the distance to approach a certain level of detail, and that comes at a price.

jtz2wv1zlv.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Those models are fine 30 feet away. It looks pretty bad up close. needs a higher polygon count upclose. The leg looks like its 4 sided.

In a screen shot it's obvious. When the game is in motion and your attention is on controlling your character and navigating the environment you really shouldn't notice. If you go out of your way to notice, or you just can't get over knowing that the polycounts are low and that ruins the game for you, that's your issue.

Look at the sheer number of characters on-screen in this image, which have to be drawn on-screen at any given time. Remember that this is also an open-world game. They want armies off in the distance to approach a certain level of detail, and that comes at a price.

jtz2wv1zlv.jpg

wh5bQ.jpg

"Hey, that guy's trying to learn for free!"

hR0dt.jpg

"Let's use our guns as clubs!"

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah I'll chalk it up to being poor screens for now, but if it actually looks like that I'll take a few less guys on screen for better detail. That cannon especially seems pretty terrible looking.

I really want to see HD footage of the demo though.

GameE

Yeah I'll chalk it up to being poor screens for now, but if it actually looks like that I'll take a few less guys on screen for better detail. That cannon especially seems pretty terrible looking.

I really want to see HD footage of the demo though.

Some people are saying a video was leaked, dunno if true or not, but the pics are probably from that

Tenck

So did you guys get no gameplay footage from the Stream? I left when the girl was interviewing that Gary guy.

jett

D-Member
That last pic confirms that there's some weirdness with the ragdoll animation. Those dead bodies just don't look right.

I do wonder how does everything look in motion.

CrazyDude

That last pic confirms that there's some weirdness with the ragdoll animation. Those dead bodies just don't look right.

I do wonder how does everything look in motion.

It'll probably look better when it comes out. They said they are spending the rest of the year polishing the game. It's probably why they have not shown it to the public yet.

Demon Ice

Banned
Were people thinking they were magically going to be able to have that many soldiers on screen without making sacrifices? This isn't a new gen of consoles...

GameE

When are we gonna get real footage? I guess there might be a leak from pax but what about a real video from Ubisoft? E3?

DarkChild

Banned
30 feet away and the fucking grass gets cut out. Fucking LOD. I wonder how did R* achieve such dense grass that goes far beyond this. Its probably just Wii U holding it back...

Shadows look good on the other hand so its not so bad. Cmon, somebody, leak that bitch!

Top Bottom