• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cavaliers have traded Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Žiži, & pick

FZZ

Banned

FZZ

Banned
nba-2k18.jpg

2k better change their cover.

It's lit

Ainge is dumb af, should have kept that pick and given up the lakers x kings pick

MVP Jaylen x future Pierce Taytum still here thoigh

Get out Crowder

Nameless

Jeez. I don't think the gap between Kyrie and Isiah is THAT large that they should've thrown in the Nets pick -- especially since the all the pressure was on the Cavs here.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thomas is a free agent after this season, and CLE inherits his Bird rights as part of the trade and could therefore offer IT a max contract next summer.

Anth0ny

This is so fucking insane

I feel like nothing changes? Cavs still #1 in the east and Boston #2. And everyone else is not even close.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Watch IT go right back to Boston after Bron ditches Cleveland.

I don't even think they'll pay him to begin with if Lebron leaves.

For Cleveland they managed to snag a most likely top 5 pick while getting a comparable PG in the process. Honestly I think IT is better but the hip is a big issue.

For Boston they managed to get Kyrie who is on a cheap deal and had zero interest in paying IT.

Getting Crowder was huge for Cleveland. They're a better team now than they were yesterday assuming IT is healthy.

spyder_ur

Pretty freaking incredible.

Celts surely gave up a ton, but getting a guy who is 25 and one of the top 10 or so players in the NBA is why you get those assets.

This trade removes most of the uncertainty around the Celts future, which was mostly centered around IT.

fertygo

Seems fuck awful for Boston

Isiah and Kyrie basically same player.. not sure Kyrie will ever more than just low impact scorer PG

Sandfox

This deal makes the Celtics worse in the short term and I think they gave up too much.

The Cavs made out like bandits. They got help for LeBron in Thomas and Crowder while getting a potentially good draft pick in what is supposed to be an amazing draft for the future.

Sanjuro

Jeez. I don't think the gap between Kyrie and Isiah is THAT large that they should've thrown in the Nets pick -- especially since the all the pressure was on the Cavs here.

Neither one has a chip. IT has a better offensive style.

Stupid.

qcf x2

Really nice haul for the Cavs. IT is a legendarily poor defender, but the Cavs are used to zero-defense point guards. IT is gonna thrive playing with Lebron, Crowder gives them a much needed wing who doesn't suck so the world won't have to see JR and Shumpert getting big minutes for no reason, and... the Nets keep giving. Lol.

As a Pacers fan, yeah, it makes the PG deal look awful (though I like Oladipo).

The BKN pick here seems steep. IT had one year left on his deal, and played like an MVP last year. Kyrie has two years left on his deal. You are essentially trading the BKN pick for one extra year of elite PG play. Obviously we have no way of knowing which deals were and weren't on the table (especially because Ainge seems to float a lot of shit out there) but hypothetically if you could have gotten PG or Butler for the BKN pick and filler, wouldn't you rather have them + IT next year? Wonder if Ainge panicked just a bit.

Ainge fucked this up. Kyrie demands a trade so the teams dealing with the Cavs would have leverage. Ainge gave up way too much,

Top Bottom