• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
esc said:
You always suggest team stack, regardless of the situation. :p
Hey, at least I admit my rule -- it's always a stack unless I'm winning. :lol

I don't have a problem with bodyshots. I sometimes am too busy missing headshots that I forget to just kill people with charged bodyshots. Who needs accuracy anyway!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Blizzard said:
l I don't have a problem with bodyshots. I sometimes am too busy missing headshots that I forget to just kill people with charged bodyshots. Who needs accuracy anyway!
Yeah my aims been getting off lately so I've been relying on body shots more. I feel terrible when I do that though. Semesters coming in less than a week. I won't be playing as often with you guys anymore :(

I don't care as long as I get the kill. I've body-shotted Silencer before....he gave me the obligatory "BODYSHOT!!?" to which I replied with something along the lines of "DAMN RIGHT!". Call me a lazy sniper but I barely even play it anymore. I`d rather be credit to team and get the quick 1 shot kill on the body so I can move on to another target. I don't always wait for a perfect shot because it doesn't always come and you can end up leaving your target running wild.

-sensible sniper

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Lionheart1337 said:
I don't care as long as I get the kill. I've body-shotted Silencer before....he gave me the obligatory "BODYSHOT!!?" to which I replied with something along the lines of "DAMN RIGHT!". Call me a lazy sniper but I barely even play it anymore. I`d rather be credit to team and get the quick 1 shot kill on the body so I can move on to another target. I don't always wait for a perfect shot because it doesn't always come and you can end up leaving your target running wild.

-sensible sniper
If I could, I'd redub the Garbage Day video with "Body Shot!"

commissar

Snipers who complain about bodyshots are either too useless to dodge properly or weren't good enough to quick scope in the head. They should cry less and up their game :U

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
esc said:
Yep, you and Kuro really got to him. It was pretty funny. Apparently if even one of your kills is by a bodyshot, you are a shitty sniper.
It's always better to kill with a bodyshot then miss with a headshot and let that person go on to hurt your team.

corn_fest

Anyone have any recommendations for pub servers? I've been playing pretty much exclusively on SourceOP and FreeFrag, and PC Gamer's server recently, but they tend to fill up fast so I'll looking for some other options.

Jangaroo

corn_fest said:
I do, almost every night? :D
Just looking for servers to play on when Java's isn't full.
F7 is a good server. We have a bunch of Gaffers playing on that server as well. I don't have the server IP address on me but I'm sure someone else can dig it up if you don't want to search for it.

corn_fest

Jangaroo said:
F7 is a good server. We have a bunch of Gaffers playing on that server as well. I don't have the server IP address on me but I'm sure someone else can dig it up if you don't want to search for it.
Thanks. I also just got enough metal to craft my first hat, Officer's Ushanka. Pretty happy with it.

Yasae

Banned
fallengorn said:
If I could, I'd redub the Garbage Day video with "Body Shot!"
Did somebody say body shots?

28au6pv.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kuro Madoushi said:
It's always better to kill with a bodyshot then miss with a headshot and let that person go on to hurt your team.

There should never be any shame associated with body shots. In fact, killing someone with a body shot often induces extreme rage. A bonus!

Yeef

Most classes die or are put near-death from a full-charged body shot. If your aim is good enough to do quick-scope head shots the go for it. But if your aim sucks *cough* I'd much rather you get the kill with a body shot and contribute something than keep missing head shots.

Jangaroo

Argh, my internet is so cruddy today. Everything was literally going in slowmotion.

Yeef

I was surprised we got it up he ramp that quickly. It has to be a record (not counting the times the server is near-empty).

Yeef

Had something really weird going on with Thunder Mountain tonight. Everything was ultra-foggy. Not sure what caused it (though I suspect r_threaded_client_shadow_manager).

2u6l9hg.jpg

5d6v5v.jpg

2wbw9w0.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Good games tonight. :( I rage with bitter tears when we do not have enough heavies to overcome evil kuro and n0b, but we still did well sometimes, like on Egypt, and popping out enough heavies at the last minute to prolong the final thunder mountain map.

On the downside, tonight meant the return of WHERE'D THAT SENTRY COME FROM Kuro...on the upside, tonight featured music by Tiny Tim.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Blizzard said:
Good games tonight. :( I rage with bitter tears when we do not have enough heavies to overcome evil kuro and n0b, but we still did well sometimes, like on Egypt, and popping out enough heavies at the last minute to prolong the final thunder mountain map.

On the downside, tonight meant the return of WHERE'D THAT SENTRY COME FROM Kuro...on the upside, tonight featured music by Tiny Tim.
n0b music spam gave me a headache.

Not really, but got annoying after awhile.

n0b

Plywood said:

Yeah I've been meaning to cut down. I don't even join with it ready half the time then a bunch of people bug me to play something.

I'm glad somebody spoke up beyond the people who I already know like it.

Blizzard

Banned
Plywood said:

Sorry...you're welcome to mute him or ask him to stop. I like it so I speak up, but I'm sure others may not. Oh, and thanks for all the heals and putting up with me yelling at my team. <3

AcciDante said:
Good games, everyone! I got the hotrod engy hat tonight. One day I'll get a pyro hat :(
Congrats! My first two crafted hats were pyro hats (both using pyro tokens).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:

I only did that to troll that bastard MoeB.

Not my fault you suckers can't take down a level 1 sentry hidden in a dark corner.

Yeef...how the hell were you even able to play? :p And why you stalking me?!

Damn it, AcciDante...I wanted that one...sigh...

AcciDante

What do slot tokens do in crafting? I crafted one not knowing what it was...

If we could trade hats, I'd happily trade my hotrod engy hat for an awesome pyro hat!

Jangaroo

The class tokens let you craft hats pertaining to a specific class. So if you want pyro hats, save up four refined metals and a pyro token and craft away though there's really no point in doing so once the trading system comes around.

DogWelder

AcciDante said:

If we could trade hats, I'd happily trade my hotrod engy hat for an awesome pyro hat!
What do you consider an awesome pyro hat?

AcciDante said:

Slot tokens let you influence crafting by specifying a certain item slot. Combine with a Class token and a scrap metal (the lowest level) and you can force it to specifically craft a Demo melee weapon, or a Spy watch, or a Scout secondary (like Bonk and Crit-a-Cola). You still can't choose which specific item you get, but you've narrowed down the potentials dramatically.

It's primarily best when you've accidentally (or foolishly) crafted something you use a lot, and the drop system is feeling cruel. But there's also more direct ways to craft the community weapons, by sticking together two specific weapons, or a weapon and a scrap metal, depending on the item.

http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

Blizzard

Banned
Yay, I finally rebuilt a different class token into a scout token, used a bunch of weapons to make a slot token, and crafted the crit-a-cola. I don't have dupes of everything anymore, but I still have some and I will still retain hope that there is some way to earn/craft the polycount weapons...

Jangaroo

Kulock said:
Slot tokens let you influence crafting by specifying a certain item slot. Combine with a Class token and a scrap metal (the lowest level) and you can force it to specifically craft a Demo melee weapon, or a Spy watch, or a Scout secondary (like Bonk and Crit-a-Cola). You still can't choose which specific item you get, but you've narrowed down the potentials dramatically.

It's primarily best when you've accidentally (or foolishly) crafted something you use a lot, and the drop system is feeling cruel. But there's also more direct ways to craft the community weapons, by sticking together two specific weapons, or a weapon and a scrap metal, depending on the item.

http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php
I just realized he said slot token and not class token. I should read more carefully.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm normally a really bad demoman, but I just went demo after testing the crit-a-cola out because F7 was being cheesy and had 3 sentry guns and a teleporter or two on the roof of gorge, covering the first point. At the end of one of my lives I had 20 buildings destroyed. :lol It took us forever to get all the teleporters, and I killed 2-3 sentries near the final point as well thanks to an uber. Unfortunately it ran out of time and mapchanged.

Yeef

Kuro Madoushi said:
Yeef...how the hell were you even able to play? :p And why you stalking me?!

Damn it, AcciDante...I wanted that one...sigh...
I ended up having to restart TF2 and change a bunch of settings. While my screen was like that someone warned me that there was a spy behind me and I just started shooting wildly to no avail.

Blizzard said:
I'm normally a really bad demoman, but I just went demo after testing the crit-a-cola out because F7 was being cheesy and had 3 sentry guns and a teleporter or two on the roof of gorge, covering the first point. At the end of one of my lives I had 20 buildings destroyed. :lol It took us forever to get all the teleporters, and I killed 2-3 sentries near the final point as well thanks to an uber. Unfortunately it ran out of time and mapchanged.

Demoman is seriously the best class once you "get" him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
n0b said:
Yeah I've been meaning to cut down. I don't even join with it ready half the time then a bunch of people bug me to play something.

I'm glad somebody spoke up beyond the people who I already know like it.
On a positive note, I did enjoy some of the songs you played. Maybe if you played before games start and after they end?
Blizzard said:
Sorry...you're welcome to mute him or ask him to stop. I like it so I speak up, but I'm sure others may not. Oh, and thanks for all the heals and putting up with me yelling at my team. <3
Was that supposed to be your 'bitching' voice? I didn't pick up on it at all. :lol, Anyway, glad I could help in some way, since I still suck. xP

Also I don't know how to mute, and it's not just that, it's how am I suppose to hear the team if they need a medic or for us to push the cart, etc. Things like that.

Funny thing I coulda swore, when I was killing some people as Pyro they were saying "Got killed by Plywood, that isn't right." Ouch guys. Unless they were saying "Got killed by Pyro, that isn't right" and I misheard.

Oh and I think the guy named F7 Noe (or Moe?), sounds like Jeff Green, is it just me?

Blizzard

Banned
Plywood said:
Was that supposed to be your 'bitching' voice? I didn't pick up on it at all. :lol
Maybe, I dunno. :lol Sometimes if I'm working hard to help my team I get bossy, and I imagine that may annoy some people, combined with my weird sarcastic/exaggerated style of being silly (i.e. "17 sentries on the last point").

Also I don't know how to mute, and it's not just that, it's how am I suppose to hear the team if they need a medic or for us to push the cart, etc. Things like that.
Hit escape and click on the little "ear" icon at the bottom. It should give you a list of players that you can sort by name, and you can mute/unmute specific players on the fly. You can still hear everyone else.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Blizzard said:

One of the reasons I hate Gorge.. although it's slowly grown on me.
Like some sort of fungus

The ETF2L Highlander Tournament

Is there any interest from the GAF team scrimmaging against the F7Lans team? It'd be much better than either team just facing off against random scrubs. I've been using TF2Lobby.com to warm up, and we can create a private match to practice with. Let me know if anyone is interested in such.

Blizzard

Banned
EvilMario said:
Is there any interest from the GAF team scrimmaging against the F7Lans team? It'd be much better than either team just facing off against random scrubs. I've been using TF2Lobby.com to warm up, and we can create a private match to practice with. Let me know if anyone is interested in such.
Partly because F7 is probably way better than us, and especially since there's overlap between the two servers, I don't think it would really help anything besides create/encourage division and rivalry.

ALL WE NEED IS LOVE.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:

Are you sure it was an f7 member? Or was it an f$ member?

Sigh...again...if it's an F$ member, they just donate towards the site and are just regular douchebag players. If it was an actual member with >f7>, then gimme their handle and I'll have a chat with them about it. I never put shit up there anymore. Hell, I put up ninja sentries all over the main point there and I still usually get more points than they do. It's not hard to take down, but just really annoying.

I also don't think it would cause any division or rivalry if you guys scrimmed with them, despite Twiggy's and Pet's protestations, they're decent people...it's the admins that need work, though two really cool members just became admins so hopefully this will solve some issues they have.

Plywood, I think that was me. I'm usually >f7> Kuro Madoushi [GAF], but was >f7> MOEB IS SO DREAMY! <3 to troll that pokemaster303, who normally goes by MoeB, because I pug with him and lot and there was this post on another forum where he met some people who came to Toronto and they said something along the lines of, "Toronto was everything we expected. And MoeB is dreamy" :lol

After playing with more Gaffers, I wouldn't say you guys are worse since there are enough members here that are actually decent. I will say, though, that you guys aren't used to working together as well as they are.

Jangaroo

Kuro Madoushi said:

Sigh...again...if it's an F$ member, they just donate towards the site and are just regular douchebag players. If it was an actual member with >f7>, then gimme their handle and I'll have a chat with them about it. I never put shit up there anymore. Hell, I put up ninja sentries all over the main point there and I still usually get more points than they do. It's not hard to take down, but just really annoying.

I also don't think it would cause any division or rivalry if you guys scrimmed with them, despite Twiggy's and Pet's protestations, they're decent people...it's the admins that need work, though two really cool members just became admins so hopefully this will solve some issues they have.

Plywood, I think that was me. I'm usually >f7> Kuro Madoushi [GAF], but was >f7> MOEB IS SO DREAMY! <3 to troll that pokemaster303, who normally goes by MoeB, because I pug with him and lot and there was this post on another forum where he met some people who came to Toronto and they said something along the lines of, "Toronto was everything we expected. And MoeB is dreamy" :lol

After playing with more Gaffers, I wouldn't say you guys are worse since there are enough members here that are actually decent. I will say, though, that you guys aren't used to working together as well as they are.
Change it back to UNLIMITED POWER. I liked that one Kuro.

AcciDante

I thought I was ready to craft my first hat, then I went to craft my 3 reclaimed metal and I get....a refined metal. I fucking hate this crafting system. Why does it have to take SO MANY weapons!?

Jangaroo

AcciDante said:
I thought I was ready to craft my first hat, then I went to craft my 3 reclaimed metal and I get....a refined metal. I fucking hate this crafting system. Why does it have to take SO MANY weapons!?
Be glad that they toned down the requirements. You needed like 3 weapons in order to get one scrap metal.

Boonoo

AcciDante said:

It's only 54 weapons; that's not too many.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kuro Madoushi said:

>:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom