• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's fucking stupid.

And unsurprising really. So many weird bugs in the game.

That's what happens when they have a game with so many inconsistencies. What's additive? Multiplicative? %physical dmg, does it effect all physical dmg or is it based on the rune of a skill? How are people supposed to know? Hydras a pet? Tasker and Theo buffs pet speed but doesn't work with hydras yet hydras were affected by pets gaining CHD from owner...

If people don't go online forums, they would not know that the %exp gem in helm is junk.

Elite dmg was changed recently without a single word said.

My starmetal Kukhri, states that it will work with fetish army only and they will reduce my cooldown by 1 per hit from them. Through testing, fetish sycophants will also reduce the CD.

Pretty messy and all over the place. Maybe they will clean it up next expansion?

SirNinja

If people don't go online forums, they would not know that the %exp gem in helm is junk.

I actually don't know about this. What's wrong with them? Is the experience not calculating properly, or is the bonus just too insignificant when compared to the base XP bonus of high difficulties?

Dahbomb

Experience bonus from let's say a Helm is only additive.. not multiplicative. If it was multiplicative then it would actually be worth putting Ruby in your Helm (if you care for Paragon points and I guess this would be pretty big for Ladders) but as it is now it's not worth the slot.

Like say you put in a 25% Experience gem in your Helm. If you have a base experience gain of +100% then with the Ruby Helm you are getting +125%. But at higher levels like say high Torments where you can get +600% bonus... the Ruby would give you +625%. That's not impressive at all.

Now if this was multiplicative (like the Community Buffs that Blizzard sometimes gives) this would mean that now instead of giving 625% bonus the Ruby would give 150% bonus for a total of 750% experience bonus.

And yea there are various other oddities in the game and most of them fall under "this is not working as intended". Just a few examples off the top of my head:

*Monk's Inna's set is bugged. Two of the Mantras (Retribution and Conviction) don't work properly.

*Marauder 6 piece set is bugged. When Sentries cast your equipped Hatred, they are still doing Physical damage despite your main spender being of a different element type.

*Fulminator is bugged as mentioned.

*Thorns passive of Crusader is bugged... it's so bugged that they completely disabled it in the game for the time being. Yes you heard it right.. one of the Crusader passives isn't even working at all!

*+% damage not working with anything except black damage on weapons. They have at least said a patch is coming soon to fix this.

*There's a gold exploit bug to prevent escalation of the Mystic on items when you Enchant them. Although this is something that actually works in favor of the player.

*The Unity + Follower + Pride's Falls bug.

*Odyn Son sometimes drops with only 3 primary stats and usually it's the +% Lightning damage to skills that is missing (which is what makes it desirable to begin with).

Some of the late bug fixing really seems inexcusable. Everything about pets or special weapon effects (like say Thunderfury lightning) I can understand reasonably well. There's just so much stuff in that regard and so many new legendary effects that I can understand that a lot of that isn't working properly, especially when originally (during Vanilla for example) that amount of custom effects/abilities weren't even considered I assume.

But... but... the god damn +damage% and elemental damage on weapons? Are you beyond fucking kidding me? AFAIK that has been known since vanilla release and yet RoS lunching with that shit? Worse, even a month after RoS that is still not fixed. I mean I'm not gonna call anything a simple fix not knowing their software implementation at all, but I find it hard to believe that that one could be particularly hard.

That also isn't just some minor issue, this renders like 80%+ of the weapon drops innately inferior, as +damage% can grant a massive amount of overall damage.

I mean it'll probably come soon and they said most likely even retrospectively, but... how can something THAT important not get fixed quickly. I just don't know. Looking at Dota 2 and how quickly the bigger issues are fixed (within hours of finding them usually) I just have to shake my head at months...

Mumei

Re-posting for the new thread~

I got my first Ring of Royal Grandeur. Unfortunately it's not the most amazing rolls but still. It originally had Life on Hit, so I rerolled for +CD and got +43% on my first roll. I'm poor, so I decided to take it (and it was a pretty big boost for me even without both crit chance and crit damage!):

F6WeWcW.png

... Now if only I had a set to use it with.

Dahbomb

I mean it'll probably come soon and they said most likely even retrospectively, but... how can something THAT important not get fixed quickly. I just don't know. Looking at Dota 2 and how quickly the bigger issues are fixed (within hours of finding them usually) I just have to shake my head at months...
Blizzard is really slow with these changes in general.

But with RoS they have been rolling out the fixes faster. Compared to vanilla D3 at least.

Mumei

I don't know what's going on, but Diablo has been almost unplayable for me on my Macbook recently. It was perfectly fine until recently, and now it's having these really odd... I don't know what they are. For instance, I'll be playing when suddenly none of my attacks happen. My character does the physical animation for the attack to happen, but the attack itself doesn't happen. My character is still able to move, I'm still able to run around the map, I'm still able to open and close menus but I can't actually interact with anything. When this happens, even friends' characters are frozen in place on my screen (though naturally not on theirs; I don't know what they see me doing).

And then randomly things will "click" and suddenly my character appears in a completely different place and the animations of the moves happen, like, thirty seconds to a minute after I did them - and it is *really* odd to see disembodied melee attacks. I've had three occasions now where I locked on a loading screen while going back to town in a RIF game and had to go back in and apologize, so it doesn't even feel like that's an option despite being really convenient.

And then other times it runs perfectly smoothly with no issues at all. And looking at the Mac support page on Battle.net tells me that this and other weird issues are quite common. Lovely!

I don't know what's going on, but Diablo has been almost unplayable for me on my Macbook recently. It was perfectly fine until recently, and now it's having these really odd... I don't know what they are. For instance, I'll be playing when suddenly none of my attacks happen. My character does the physical animation for the attack to happen, but the attack itself doesn't happen. My character is still able to move, I'm still able to run around the map, I'm still able to open and close menus but I can't actually interact with anything. When this happens, even friends' characters are frozen in place on my screen (though naturally not on theirs; I don't know what they see me doing).

And then randomly things will "click" and suddenly my character appears in a completely different place and the animations of the moves happen, like, thirty seconds to a minute after I did them - and it is *really* odd to see disembodied melee attacks. I've had three occasions now where I locked on a loading screen while going back to town in a RIF game and had to go back in and apologize, so it doesn't even feel like that's an option despite being really convenient.

And then other times it runs perfectly smoothly with no issues at all. And looking at the Mac support page on Battle.net tells me that this and other weird issues are quite common. Lovely!

That is really odd I have yet to experience thrse things on my MacBook Pro.

Not a bad roll on this. Not sure if I'd ever use it though. Pride's Fall is just so great.

Y9fD3hG.png

And WTF is this....

CfwVA0W.png

I don't want to cluck.....

Discobird

Sounds like connection issues to me. NA servers have been pretty unstable lately. I have a PC and this has happened to me a handful of times in the past few days (more than a handful in the case of getting stuck on a loading screen and DC'ing). Blizz have said they're looking into connectivity issues but some of the blame seems to lie with certain ISPs.

Dahbomb

That's basically my current item. The crowd control with it is insane. Yea it's no Pride Fall but that items keeps enemies Blinded for you to unload your damage on them.

Dahbomb

noobie 70 has a question

what statistics affect sheet DPS (besides dmg / crit dmg %)
1) Sheet DPS doesn't matter that much. Combat efficiency does which is harder to quantify.

2) Sheet DPS is increased by: main stat, attack speed, crit chance, crit hit damage, high weapon damage rolls, + damage rolls (like on Jewelry or on Sources/Mojos)

Mumei

Sounds like connection issues to me. NA servers have been pretty unstable lately. I have a PC and this has happened to me a handful of times in the past few days (more than a handful in the case of getting stuck on a loading screen and DC'ing). Blizz have said they're looking into connectivity issues but some of the blame seems to lie with certain ISPs.

Weird. Does that also explain the weird lag issues? It's really frustrating, especially if it's not on Blizzard's end. If it's my ISP, it feels like I'm just screwed. :|

cdyhybrid

Re-posting for the new thread~

I got my first Ring of Royal Grandeur. Unfortunately it's not the most amazing rolls but still. It originally had Life on Hit, so I rerolled for +CD and got +43% on my first roll. I'm poor, so I decided to take it (and it was a pretty big boost for me even without both crit chance and crit damage!):

F6WeWcW.png

... Now if only I had a set to use it with.

Could craft some sets if you have the patterns.

That sounds like lag spikes, not necessarily something hardware-related.

Kadala. Thank you.

pR5CJ72.png

Not a massive difference, really. But nice to finally have one.

I'm still using my lvl 60 Witching Hour. I have not found a better belt in RoS yet. It's really starting to get annoying.

edit: Reposting from prior thread b/c I hate Blizzard b/c of it: I'm wondering how many blackthron pants I can get before I get my Marauder pants. I'm up to 8 I think.

Dahbomb

Tell me more
About which bug?

The gold exploit is pretty easy. You go to Enchant something and roll it a few times. When the price gets too high, press Escape while in the Enchant menu and exit game. Resume game and you will realize that the item has been reset to base cost to Enchant. You still will lose the gold and mats you invested but the gold price for next enchant is lower.

Note: This exploit is useless for Enchanting Legendary Rings and Amulets as there is no gold cost or any escalating cost.

The Pride Fall bug you can do when you have two Unity rings, Pride Fall and a Follower with the "Follower can't die" Legendary. Equipping all these items makes it so that you are always receiving less damage and Pride's Falls bonus isn't reset either even if either you or the Follower are the hit.

The Odyn Son bug is nothing special... sometimes it just drops without the Lightning bonus making it an auto Soul. Yea it can spawn with just 3 Primaries.

Calcium

Banned
I manged to get my Crusader to 70 this morning. Now all I have left is to take my Demon Hunter and Barbarian from 60 to 70. I'm really, really not looking forward to leveling the Barbarian. I didn't like the class at all in vanilla and I assume it didn't get better.

I'm still using my lvl 60 Witching Hour. I have not found a better belt in RoS yet. It's really starting to get annoying.

edit: Reposting from prior thread b/c I hate Blizzard b/c of it: I'm wondering how many blackthron pants I can get before I get my Marauder pants. I'm up to 8 I think.

I gave up after about 4000 shards on my wizard. Got it on my DH after about 1000.

It's a small improvement over the level 60 belt. If I rolled a toughness stat, I would have rerolled the attack speed on it. The only thing I really want from the witching hour is crit dmg. I dont need attack speed.

That's basically my current item. The crowd control with it is insane. Yea it's no Pride Fall but that items keeps enemies Blinded for you to unload your damage on them.
I tried it. I felt my hatred melting fast without pride's fall but the blind is great. I think it's probably a good item to use in higher torments where enemies don't instantly die. It doesn't help that my primary attack is also a hatred spender. I'm not using anything to naturally restore my hatred. Just using night stalker to keep my discipline up.

About which bug?

The gold exploit is pretty easy. You go to Enchant something and roll it a few times. When the price gets too high, press Escape while in the Enchant menu and exit game. Resume game and you will realize that the item has been reset to base cost to Enchant. You still will lose the gold and mats you invested but the gold price for next enchant is lower.

Note: This exploit is useless for Enchanting Legendary Rings and Amulets as there is no gold cost or any escalating cost.

The Pride Fall bug you can do when you have two Unity rings, Pride Fall and a Follower with the "Follower can't die" Legendary. Equipping all these items makes it so that you are always receiving less damage and Pride's Falls bonus isn't reset either even if either you or the Follower are the hit.

The Odyn Son bug is nothing special... sometimes it just drops without the Lightning bonus making it an auto Soul. Yea it can spawn with just 3 Primaries.

I have all the items for that Prides Fall bug and I noticed my buff never went away, wasn't sure what was up with it.

The Cowboy

I love mine, for ages i was trying to get Andariel's Visage and got Blind Faith as a drop, the proc is really common and along with my Templar using Azurewrarth i get blinds/freezes all the time.

Chocobro

Sweeeet. Played Normal rift with my cousin and I got a Blade of Prophecy (rerolled the vitality to a socket on my first try). Also got a Jekangbord from Kadala after 50 shards.
Should I reroll life% on the Jekangbord or wait for one that ricochets to 6 additional enemies?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just got into a rift that had 10 Treasure Goblins right on top of each other. First time that happened to me, how rare is that?

JCizzle

That's what happens when they have a game with so many inconsistencies. What's additive? Multiplicative? %physical dmg, does it effect all physical dmg or is it based on the rune of a skill? How are people supposed to know? Hydras a pet? Tasker and Theo buffs pet speed but doesn't work with hydras yet hydras were affected by pets gaining CHD from owner...

Elite dmg was changed recently without a single word said.

My starmetal Kukhri, states that it will work with fetish army only and they will reduce my cooldown by 1 per hit from them. Through testing, fetish sycophants will also reduce the CD.

Pretty messy and all over the place. Maybe they will clean it up next expansion?

Wait, what elite damage changed?

Dahbomb

Wait, what elite damage changed?
It's now added as flat bonus (like element damage and skill damage bonus) rather than multiplicatively (like resource cost reduction and cool down reduction).

So if you have 20 + 20 elite bonus now you have 40 elite bonus. Before you had less than 40.

That happens to me on my Toshiba Satellite Pro, it's like the effects of attacks lag. I just figured it was my terrible internet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You probably won't find an upgrade until you get a really good roll on a 70 WH. Unless your looking to drop some deeps to get tough.

Nokterian

So what are the effective T1 WD builds assuming low tier gems and few elemental gear rolls?

Sheet DPS is ok but not feeling the punch.

Here is the character profile

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Azulsky-1256/hero/37278515

I can permanently cast Spirit Barrage if i swap PtV passive with the health globe bonus.

Cant tell if Barrage is better than FireBats w/ Vampire Bats Rune

Take a look at my WD.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nokterian-2469/hero/251990

U could try the build i use but i am lucky to get a good off hand that summons 3 dogs everytime. It is important to move a lot but also get in close to shave off that cooldown on hex/soul harvest for example. Those 2 set items are a nice for that 2 set bonus +500 intellect is not so bad i have around 1 million damage when using soulharvest i hopefully will get that one mask that does massive damage for haunt. Also put yellow gems in every socket except your weapon off course.

garath

This game sometimes.. I've been using a 1h rare xbow since RoS. Found nothing better for my DH. Hours and hours. Then yesterday I get a set bow, a legendary dawn bow. Spend some souls and get dawn with a socket. Hooray. Today I'm playing and I get a Natalya's bow with higher damage and disc and a socket. Perfect. OK. So I use this. Then I get the other set bow for the vaulting. Sigh. So I went from no bows to too many. Not sure what to use now. Socketed the set bows and tried out the vaulting. It was pretty cool. Vaults forever. I lose 50k sheet DPS and 1mil toughness over Natalya's and my quiver though.

Question about the "zoo" build for demon hunters. When you get all the companions, do you also get all their passive buffs as well?

So I went from no bows to too many. Not sure what to use now. Socketed the set bows and tried out the vaulting. It was pretty cool. Vaults forever. I lose 50k sheet DPS and 1mil toughness over Natalya's and my quiver though.

I would use Nat's Slayer in a heartbeat if it dropped. I have the boots just waiting for me to get the 3 piece bonus. So much extra discipline. And the crit chance bonus is awesome too.

Danetta's are fun though and they'll probably be my go-to weapons for fast bounties until forever.

Dahbomb

You not only get ALL of their passive buffs but their active buffs as well.

You also get the Raven (unruned Companion).

I honestly think someone at Blizzard messed up there by switching the 4 piece and 6 piece bonus on the set.

Couple of things I wish this game had.

Picking up materials and gems automatically puts them in your stash. When you actually craft equipment or combine gems etc it can pull them from your stash so I don't see why they can't just send them to the stash to begin with.

Never see this one happening but for someone like myself that isn't all that good with numbers I would like to be able to compare chests stats ignoring any gems that are currently socketed into them.

bcl0328

Couple of things I wish this game had.

Picking up materials and gems automatically puts them in your stash. When you actually craft equipment or combine gems etc it can pull them from your stash so I don't see why they can't just send them to the stash to begin with.

Never see this one happening but for someone like myself that isn't all that good with numbers I would like to be able to compare chests stats ignoring any gems that are currently socketed into them.

i think i read somewhere that mats and gems are becoming a currency like gold and shards.

Ring dropped out from under a rock in a rift. BLAH assumed it was Oculus Rift drop.

Identified-SOJ! After 5k shards trying to get a 2nd one, it drops out from under a rock. Crazy.

macklelol

Finally got a Thunderfury today. It was around 2,000 DPS when I got it, so I tried to roll for better damage. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

L8QiVGf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom