• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
♫Smile an ever lasting smile
A smile can bring you near to me
Don't ever let me find you gone
'Cos that would bring a tear to me

This world has lost its glory
Let's start a brand new story
Now my love

You think that I don't even mean
A single word I say

It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away

Talk in ever lasting words
And dedicate them all to me
And I will give you all my life
I'm hear if you should call to me

A single word I say

It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away

It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away

Da da da da da da da
Da da da da da da da da da da
Da da da da da da da
Da da da da da da da da da da

This world has lost its glory
Let's start a brand new story
Now my love
A single word I say

It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away

It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away

It's only words
And words are all I have
To take your heart away
♫

daydream

Banned
Actually interested in the LBP3 QL. If they have indeed fixed the physics, that'd be a first step to make a LBP game not terrible.

Myggen

We need new content, stat.

So, uh.... I guess Rorie's Dragon Age review is coming soon? Maybe?

I'm looking forward to the bloodbath that will be Alex' WWE 2K15 review.

Alex Navarro @alex_navarro · 10 hours ago
I have not written my WWE 2K15 review yet but I've played enough to be comfortable in saying it is not good and you should not play it.

Alex Navarro @alex_navarro · 10 hours ago
Gameplay is jankier than usual, chain wrestling is a drag, modes are barren as hell, online seems generally busted. Bad scene all around.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Based on my experiences at trade events, I would say that the quality of Dave Lang's advice declines as one gets further into the evening, until it crosses a point, the Lang Point, after which it's best to do the exact opposite of whatever Dave Lang is proposing.

Comment on the Gamasutra article about Iron Galaxy.

Is it still Stephen Fry? I think a lot of us Brits have turned on him lately. Used to be regarded as a national treasure. Now just an annoying coke fiend.

I like him just fine in small doses (like the occasional episode of QI that I catch), but I definitely have no desire to just have him around all the time.

Even David Mitchell, who I love, wears on me after a while.

Brashnir

I do not understand, in any way, what is happening in The Tomorrow Children

I understood that he had to hit that wall 50 times with his pick to delete a block.

And then he leveled up and had it hit it 46 times to do the same.

I also understand that that is way too many.

Quentyn

Dragon Age is pretty awesome. Only wanted to quickly create a character and ended up playing the game for 6 hours.

Rorie was spot with his complaints though. Clicking the left stick the all time is dumb and no quick save when you use a controller is just annoying.

LBP has got to be the most boring series of games that continually receive praise.

i got LBP2 for free through PS+, couldn't even ass myself to get past the tutorial section to get online and check out the user made levels.

I got really into the LBP1 beta, and then i bought the game on release and was totally burned out on it.

yeah, it was a one trick pony that does that one trick well, but it's just one trick spread over 3 main games, 2 portable games, and one karting game.

Seventy70

I really miss having Vinny on the podcast. I feel like I haven't heard from him in a year :'(
Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Dan, and Drew would be the perfect podcast combo.

Megasoum

Banned
I really miss having Vinny on the podcast. I feel like I haven't heard from him in a year :'(
Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Dan, and Drew would be the perfect podcast combo.

I was thinking about this the other day and came to the realization that for me, in my head, Vinny and Alex are simply not with Giantbomb anymore.

Doesn't mean that the content they make isn't good. Most of it is great!... It's just not part of GB for me.

It's like if they were working for a different company/website but happened to still talk to their old friends at GB from time to time.

Bacon

I was thinking about this the other day and came to the realization that for me, in my head, Vinny and Alex are simply not with Giantbomb anymore.

Doesn't mean that the content they make isn't good. Most of it is great!... It's just not part of GB for me.

It's like if they were working for a different company/website but happened to still talk to their old friends at GB from time to time.

I feel the same way. Patrick is even further removed from giantbomb in my head.

Seventy70

I think they need to take sections of Unprofessional Fridays or make a new live stream to dial in Patrick, Vinny and Alex in for some multiplayer game.

yeah, it was a one trick pony that does that one trick well, but it's just one trick spread over 3 main games, 2 portable games, and one karting game.
It's not a one trick pony at all. The first game was a straight platformer and the second game completely blew off the door on the creation tools increasing the amount of things you can make tenfold, if not more. 3 is certainly more of a refinement, but the things it adds are a huge deal for the creators.

Why is the San Francisco video quality so bad lately? We're at the point where IGN videos look better.

Patrick needs to move to New York. Problem solved.

He just needs to start pulling in guests for his quick looks. Quick look solos basically amount to boring let's plays from someone whose not great at being entertaining alone.I don't blame him, most of Giantbomb is better when there is some sort of interplay with someone else. I can't imagine they are getting anywhere near the viewer numbers of anything else they produce.

Alex didn't do a ton of videos when he was in NYC alone, and in reality the encyclopedia bombasticas where they are solo (I think there was one or two with two people) are among the most boring videos they have put on the site.

Edit: Where were Jason and Dan before this? Mineapolis? The real move would have been to just send them to Chicago to have GBmid. Granted, forming a new arm with 2/3 new people is probably damn near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom