• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

PNut

Banned
Liking the new version of Select in Arena. Top-mid now as some cover and the windows added to each lobby is nice too. Haven't had chance to play the new version of Synapse though. Anyone played it yet? How about the other 2 new maps they added to Arena? Any good?

I posted this a while back and my offer still stands, but are any gaf people interested in doing a more comical montage. Focusing on funny things that happen in game or frustrating things that happen. A more lighthearted HaloGaf scene. I'll do all the editing and stuff. I'm just looking for material. So if you guys are interested just pm me and I'll post details on where to send clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9uU6Id9z4&feature=plcp this is the basic idea.

If not, then screw you guys.

Haha, if I have any clips I'll PM you. I don't save very many though, so I'm not sure of what I have.

I think there are elements of Trials/Defense Grid that would be superb in a game like Halo.

Medals

Kill Pars -- Wraparound Team Slayer
Bronze: 5 kills
Silver: 15 kills
Gold: 25 kills

Unique Weapon Kills -- Warhouse
Bronze: 2 weapons
Silver: 4 weapons
Gold: 6 weapons​

Of course, nothing that would manipulate player actions like Longest Life.

Hey You

Can you still cheat to get this week's weekly challenge faster?
Cutscene glitch? Yep.

So, um, WTF. I'm going after the "Don't Touch That" achievement and it didn't unlock. Fucking Christ.

I just finished the match (One Flag CTF on Highlands) and we prevented the team from touching the flag during both rounds (and I just rewatched it in theater mode just to be certain....as if I could somehow miss the announcer screaming "Flag Stolen!" or something) and it didn't unlock.

Is this achievement glitchy or something? I've spent the past week trying to get this achievement on the ridiculously elusive Defiant map (with the even more elusive gametype) and now I'm probably gonna have to do it again :mad:
Yea I believe it has to be on defiant maps. We need another Halogaf achievement lobby.

Krispy

So, um, WTF. I'm going after the "Don't Touch That" achievement and it didn't unlock. Fucking Christ.

I just finished the match (One Flag CTF on Highlands) and we prevented the team from touching the flag during both rounds (and I just rewatched it in theater mode just to be certain....as if I could somehow miss the announcer screaming "Flag Stolen!" or something) and it didn't unlock.

Is this achievement glitchy or something? I've spent the past week trying to get this achievement on the ridiculously elusive Defiant map (with the even more elusive gametype) and now I'm probably gonna have to do it again :mad:

That achievement is glitched so bad. I had the exact same thing happen to me. It was even glitched when I got it. We'd only managed to stop them touching it during the first round but it unlocked at the end of the game anyway. Maybe it only works on Highlands?

FyreWulff

Don't Touch This! is totally fucked.

- Defiant specific.
- You can't let them touch it for the ENTIRE game. Stopping them for one round isn't good enough.
- If they walk within a certain radius of it it will count as them touching it and the achievement will not unlock, even if they don't pick it up. Like, the radius that does this is bigger than the one they can get a prompt for picking it up for. I think it's roughly a sphere 2 WUs big around the flag.

blamite

- Defiant specific.
- You can't let them touch it for the ENTIRE game. Stopping them for one round isn't good enough.
- If they walk within a certain radius of it it will count as them touching it and the achievement will not unlock, even if they don't pick it up
Well, that explains why it never unlocked for me. :/ That one seems just about made for boosting.

Speaking of which, count me in on the next achievement party. I still need all the Defiant ones, and I think one more from Anniversary.

Just finished Mass Effect 3. Somehow a turd of an ending has been salvaged by fans putting together what is either complete brilliance on the part of Bioware or sheer coincidence.

MIMIC

Banned

- Defiant specific.
- If they walk within a certain radius of it it will count as them touching it and the achievement will not unlock, even if they don't pick it up. Like, the radius that does this is bigger than the one they can get a prompt for picking it up for. I think it's roughly a sphere 2 WUs big around the flag.

What does "WU" stand for?

Anyway, the opposing team was really bad during my match (they had 2 guests, so maybe that was why). Not only did they not even reach the platform, but they couldn't get anywhere NEAR the flag.

>_<

Ryaaan14

Banned
kback

RIeTL.gif

FyreWulff

What does "WU" stand for?

Anyway, the opposing team was really bad during my match (they had 2 guests, so maybe that was why). Not only did they not even reach the platform, but they couldn't get anywhere NEAR the flag.

>_<

World Unit, it's the base unit of measurement for Halo maps. I think 1 WU is supposed to be roughly 10 feet?

Go into Forge and select a flag post, change it's shape to "cylinder", make it's Radius "2", and that's the distance away that will moot the flag achievement.

I think my connection was really dumb. It just kicked me out of the lobby after that last match. Guess I'm done for the night though good games guys.

EDIT: I don't think I belong in MLG.

MIMIC

Banned
World Unit, it's the base unit of measurement for Halo maps. I think 1 WU is supposed to be roughly 10 feet?

Go into Forge and select a flag post, change it's shape to "cylinder", make it's Radius "2", and that's the distance away that will moot the flag achievement.

*does this in Forge*

Wow. But still, they never got within this boundary. Are the vertical boundaries (top & bottom) ALSO "2"? By my estimate, in order for them to have breached the flag boundary, the radius would at least have to be a 6, the top a 4 or more and the bottom a 4 or more (or all the way from the platform to the ground).

I'll help if you guys need achievements.

I only need "All Alone" and "Don't Touch This" and I would need a BUNCH of people for the boosting to even be effective.

For "Don't Touch This", you pretty much need both teams to cooperate and for "All Alone", you need everyone to have the DLC.

I have a new achievement: Get a Killionaire within your first 20 games.....2 minutes into the game.....in a game of CTF in Big Team Battle.. Should be easy, right?

FyreWulff

*does this in Forge*

Wow. But still, they never got within this boundary. Are the vertical boundaries (top & bottom) ALSO "2"? By my estimate, in order for them to have breached the flag boundary, the radius would at least have to be a 6, the top a 4 or more and the bottom a 4 or more (or all the way from the platform to the ground).

I only need "All Alone" and "Don't Touch This" and I would need a BUNCH of people for the boosting to even be effective.

For "Don't Touch This", you pretty much need both teams to cooperate and for "All Alone", you need everyone to have the DLC.

It was a rough estimate, and yeah, it's like a sphere (so 2 WU up, 2 WU down in addition). Another GAFfer discovered the feature/bug and brought it to our attention while we were arranging a boost lobby. I forget who it was

Liking the new version of Select in Arena. Top-mid now as some cover and the windows added to each lobby is nice too. Haven't had chance to play the new version of Synapse though. Anyone played it yet? How about the other 2 new maps they added to Arena? Any good?

Synapse got a pretty big overhaul. There's less cover where rockets spawn and the sniper (there's only one on the map) spawns where shotgun used to spawn. Bases didn't change thst much. I think that's about it for all the changes. Spawning is still pretty bad.
Overall, I think I preferred the old Synapse.

Another new map I did like was Image. It's a big cube with a wall in the middel. Bases are pretty big so there's a lot of combat over there too.

Top Bottom