• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

NR1

Well this sucks...

Spider-Man Homecoming is a Sony blu-ray release. No Disney movie Rewards points and the digital copy is Ultraviolet rather than iTunes. Bummer.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well this sucks...

Spider-Man Homecoming is a Sony blu-ray release. No Disney movie Rewards points and the digital copy is Ultraviolet rather than iTunes. Bummer.

What else would it be? Sony financed it.

Well this sucks...

I knew there had to be a reason it was like $3 more expensive than Doctor Strange and Guardians Vol 2, totally called it when I was talking to my dad about it last week (we split the costs of the BluRays, I keep the digital code and he and my mom get the discs).

Speaking of the Homecoming BluRay, I totally did a double take when I grabbed it at Target today and turned it over to look at the back. "Shit I gotta grab another one this got misprintedOOOOOHHHHHH" :D

Fox Mulder

Well this sucks...

The digital copy works with iTunes, Disney just launched Movies Anywhere that links all these services together. Sony is part of it.

psychotron

If you redeem in iTunes, does it give you the 4K version? I know that movies I had in HDX on Vudu are playing in HD, but I was wondering if regular blu-rays redeemed on iTunes would be upgraded.

e90Mark

If you redeem in iTunes, does it give you the 4K version? I know that movies I had in HDX on Vudu are playing in HD, but I was wondering if regular blu-rays redeemed on iTunes would be upgraded.

G+ group is empty on this. Should keep an eye out, but Sony was one of the studios Apple teamed up with.

NR1

The digital copy works with iTunes, Disney just launched Movies Anywhere that links all these services together. Sony is part of it.

Oh wow! This is news to me! The digital copy insert is identical to all of the past inserts for UV codes for Sony and WB releases. I haven’t paid much attention to the Movies Anywhere program either.

I was able to redeem my code for an iTunes copy, plus they gave me a free copy of Ice Age and Ghostbusters (2016) as a gift fur linking my accounts.

So like

is there any relatively sane way to obtain the full MCU on Blu AND digital at a relatively sane price? Because it seems like the phase 1 and 2 box sets only ever got insane overpriced collector’s edition releases (with phase one being discontinued), and as far as I can tell only the standalone versions of the films come with digital codes? Am I really gonna have to do this completely piecemeal?

So like

is there any relatively sane way to obtain the full MCU on Blu AND digital at a relatively sane price? Because it seems like the phase 1 and 2 box sets only ever got insane overpriced collector’s edition releases (with phase one being discontinued), and as far as I can tell only the standalone versions of the films come with digital codes? Am I really gonna have to do this completely piecemeal?

Disney blu rays and dvds don't really drop in price. I'm sure once their streaming service launches that the physical copies will be an even rarer commodity only being distributed for special occasions so they can nickel and dime everything (i.e. anniversaries, collections, or when a new movie in the franchise is coming out).

Top Bottom