• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hashimoto: Bayonetta 1 will be available on eShop with Bayo 2 digital/retail purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludist210

Eh, I have Bayonetta 1 on PS3 (digitally), but I would like to have them both digitally on the same system. Maybe they'll release it eventually? Someone will probably ask them about it.

Doesn't bother me as I refuse to buy any digital version of a retail game because of Nintendo's archaic policies, and I encourage everyone else to buy retail as well.

But they still should have gone the extra mile to secure Bayonetta 1 for all scenarios. The retail experience isn't as convenient / ubiquitous as it is in the USA, and there are definitely people who want to develop a Wii U digital library.

Those people deserve equal treatment.

I wonder how many people in this thread actually know how Nintendo's account system works? I always wonder.

Either way, disappointing to say the least. Not that I was going to get digital, but parity is something they should strive for.

Corpekata

Banned
Why are people saying it's a good thing? I can see not caring given Nintendo's policies, but how on earth are people thinking this is remotely a positive thing?

That's messed up, but honestly I don't see any upside in partaking in Nintendo's digital service to begin with. They need to fix their account shit, to date I've only purchased the 30 cent VC games promotion on the Wii U shop because of it.

How about the fact that the Digital Deluxe Program gets you a 10% return on every dollar spent. Moreover, one could theoretically set their account to a different state/province than the one they reside in to avoid exorbitant taxes resulting in savings of 10-20% off what you would pay at brick and mortar stores.

That's weird. Not a big problem, but I'd still rather have bought the game digitally. I guess it may still change before release.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So pray your WiiU don't break?

if your Wii U breaks Nintendo will work with you to get your games back with a support phone call.

if your Wii U is stolen nintendo will work to give you your games with a police report.

the vast majority of the "I lost all of my games!!!!!" posts are people either selling their system and buying another one later, or deleting their NNID while glossing past the big warning that says "you will lose all of your stuff"

the only real issue with the system (aside from user stupidity) is you can only download the titles to one system. So I buy Ace Attorney 5 and I can only play it on the 3DS I bought it on. Not a big deal with Wii U... a pretty major deal with 3DS where I might play my wife's or daughter's...

oatmeal

Banned
Not buying it anymore.

I wasn't interested in it before, having Bayo1 in there made it a package that I'd be interested...no longer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
are you guys really dumb enough to completely fail to realize there's plenty of countries with retail price discrepancies on a single region or dou you just wanna defend something you like for the sake of it?

A wiiU retail games costs $100+ where I live (and in brazil, and argentina, and, and, and). We get the US price on the eShop

think for a minute ffs, I cant believe there's a handful of people here posting the same thing as "crisis adverted". not everone lives in the US.

Yep!

Also I'm a US gamer and because of various deals on eshop credit (including two ludicrous 20% sales at Best Buy) I've been getting a better deal on eshop versions than retail nine times out of ten, especially after factoring in the DDP.

jmdajr

if your Wii U breaks Nintendo will work with you to get your games back with a support phone call.

if your Wii U is stolen nintendo will work to give you your games with a police report.

the vast majority of the "I lost all of my games!!!!!" posts are people either selling their system and buying it later, or deleting their NNID while glossing past the big warning that says "you will lose all of your stuff"

the only real issue with the system (aside from user stupidity) is you can only download the titles to one system. So I buy Ace Attorney 5 and I can only play it on the 3DS I bought it on. Not a big deal with Wii U... a pretty major deal with 3DS where I might play my wife's or daughter's...

Can't say that is convenient, but at least they will work with you.

I guess.

Social

damn, i cannot buy retail in the country where I live now. I need digital. Will skip this and get retail when I am back in Europe somewhere in 2015-2016.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Can't say that is convenient, but at least they ill work with you.

as I said... it's not the greatest... but on Wii U it has virtually no effect on me and is certainly worth the convenience. On 3DS it forces me to buy everything physical if possible which is horrible given the inconvenience/annoyance of carts/cards.

jmdajr

as I said... it's not the greatest... but on Wii U it has virtually no effect on me and is certainly worth the convenience. On 3DS it forces me to buy everything physical if possible which is horrible given the inconvenience/annoyance of carts/cards.

Sucks considering they were smart enough to let you use SD cards.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I feel like this must some limitation on the eshop where multiple downloads cannot be granted from a single purchase or something lame like that.

It might also be that bayo 1 doesn't show up as an eshop title due to an agreement with Sega and therefore would be restricted to a physical product? Has bayo 1 even been confirmed to show up on the eshop? Because maybe it will not be free as it is showing up later on the eshop than bayo 2.

It sucks but honestly Bayo 1 is such a surprise and it's such a delight that it is even coming out on the Wii U that I can't get remotely upset over this.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Can't get my head around this. Are we absolutely sure about this? Could the footnote simply indicate that you have to download the original separately or something? Makes absolutely no sense at all to me

Ninja Dom

I feel like this must some limitation on the eshop where multiple downloads cannot be granted from a single purchase or something lame like that.

It might also be that bayo 1 doesn't show up as an eshop title due to an agreement with Sega and therefore would be restricted to a physical product? Has bayo 1 even been confirmed to show up on the eshop? Because maybe it will not be free as it is showing up later on the eshop than bayo 2.

It sucks but honestly Bayo 1 is such a surprise and it's such a delight that it is even coming out on the Wii U that I can't get remotely upset over this.

You could be right.

Sega may not want Bayonetta 1 as a free separate eShop download.

By packaging it retail they can separate some of the sales cost towards Bayonetta 1.

Doesn't bother me as I refuse to buy any digital version of a retail game because of Nintendo's archaic policies, and I encourage everyone else to buy retail as well.

But they still should have gone the extra mile to secure Bayonetta 1 for all scenarios. The retail experience isn't as convenient / ubiquitous as it is in the USA, and there are definitely people who want to develop a Wii U digital library.

Those people deserve equal treatment.

I feel like this post adequately summarizes the various sentiments in this thread.

I don't think it's a technical limitation, they could just have Bayonetta 1 extending out of the menu. No separate downloads necessary

Smells of a licensing issue from Sega

Settin

I'm going to take a wild stab and say it's a rights issue because bayonetta is still sold on XBL/PSN but they aren't printing it anymore AFAIK.

Ninja Dom

Maybe because it's on the same disc and the download file would be huge?

Bayonetta on Playstation 3 is an 11GB download if I remember correctly.

The largest Wii U download game I've seen is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at 17GB. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand the convenience of digital only games but dam people is it that hard to put a disc in a system? And if most of you are "all digital" anyway why not just leave Bayo in the disc drive? Basically the same thing no? Didn't think laziness could achieve another level.

I understand the convenience of digital only games but dam people is it that hard to put a disc in a system? And if most of you are "all digital" anyway why not just leave Bayo in the disc drive? Basically the same thing no? Didn't think laziness could achieve another level.

The solution to this problem is most definitely blaming the customers and not the fact that there should be parity, which is Nintendo's job to uphold.

(It's most likely a rights issue with Sega. But for real, getting mad at us isn't productive, but is very dickish)

Not surprising considering licensing issues.

As for me, I find it really hard to care when I'm buying it retail, but it sucks for the people who have to pay like $100 for retail versions of games.

As for the people who won't buy it at all only because its not bundled digital, what a lame excuse. You're hurting yourself even moreso than Nintendo by skipping out on one of the greatest games this generation and its (hopefully) amazing sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom