• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Concept Art Analysis - IGN [360/PS3/"Future Gen", No Port Whining]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Higher res:

112813.jpg

112808.jpg

Om nom nom
Must get that second one as a print

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Oh god pls come to PC. If it is currenty gen/next gen exclusive, I won't be able to play with my friends...

Zaventem

I hope the game actually looks amazing.Very few games have been able to surpass concept art with in game art/models imo.

Nakayumi

Damn that's some fine artwork. Leave it to Bungie to create a Sci-fi world. Can't wait to see how these translate into the final game.

Haunted

Halo games always had great concept art, it's how they translate to ingame footage what's important.

I don't think there should be an embargo on this kind of stuff. Then again, judging from some of the reactions, there does seem to be a demand for even piecemeal, tenuous info like this.

For me at least, all I want is to see the game. If that's interesting to me, then you can provide additional materials like concept art and design documents and whatnot.

FourMyle

I really hope the upcoming Vidoc has some footage of the game. I would kill for some PS4/720 Destiny footage!

Also, OP.. can't you rename the thread to include the platforms? That is very important info.

J10

Banned
Clearly a wide range of sc-fi and fantasy influences at work here. This already looks really promising.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I seriously think this is

Diablo + COD/Halo + Actiivision Bankroll/Business scheme

GavinGT

Banned
I really hope the upcoming Vidoc has some footage of the game. I would kill for some PS4/720 Destiny footage!

Also, OP.. can't you rename the thread to include the platforms? That is very important info.

- ViDocs have always been comprised of in-game footage

- there won't be any explicit next-gen footage until the consoles are announced

- only mods can change thread titles

Mandoric

Banned
Wow, that art is pretty impressive. Think I may have to give this a shot.

(Wait, is the Titan wearing high heels!?)

Freki

Only mods can rename threads. But I included the platforms in the op at least.

PC release please Bungie.
Talk to Activision, please.

They really are smart the way they manage this drip feed of information, having everyone speculate, what could this screenshot mean.. what is this one about. It's so very calculated it reminds me of the magazine days when OPM would print some screenshot from Famitsu of Final Fantasy and it'd be like HOLY SHIT i wonder what adventures will go on there. While it kinda pisses me off, because most companies talk about only what they show I think it's definitely very valid.

Disappointing that some of the coolest races are not playable. Assume you'll be able to pick up their weapons and drive their tanks so whatever. I really want to play as the spider guys.
The art is incredible. Hollywood level stuff. Can't wait to see more.
+1 for no subscription fee.
You might say, oscar worthy?

TTG

Can't say I wouldn't have preferred a traditional, single player campaign, but this is interesting. Just trying to piece together how some of the mechanics might work from the Halo series. An over world where encounters somehow resemble ODST's? I wonder how the single player and the mmo stuff mix together.

Sojgat

Looks good, but also somewhat generic.

No way.

It's like Star Wars smashed into Masamune Shirow's painted work, with technicolor Killzone mixed in.

If the in-game environments actually look like the concept art, it pretty damn unique for video games, especially shooters.

TTG

If we can play solo I'm interested, will buy for 720/PS4.

There probably are solo sections. But, there's also a finite amount of energy and time Bungie can spend on that part of it and with the scope growing the way it seems, it has to be pushed to the side in certain respects. I wouldn't expect a Halo 3 sized thing in the middle of all of this.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Whoooole lotta Killzone influence in not only the location designs but also the characters. Which I don't mind because I like Killzone, but will be funny to see staunch haters of that franchise praising the art of this.

Not sold on the Warlock class and (pets? summons?) not being just a little TOO goofy to fit, but could be cool playability wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom