• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

This could be a pretty decent show. Last year's wasn't horrible in comparison to years past, and it had some decent reveals.

It's on Spike, right? It'll be trashy and an embarrassment for the industry.
I think I remember reading that the VGX show will air on multiple channels, but I don't remember where I read it. I think they're trying to broaden it's audience... hopefully that means they'll tone down the stupid teen "humor".

Naughty Dog have only missed showing a VGA trailer once since 2008, and every time they've done it they have pre-empted the show with a brief teaser of the game. Just like they've done with the new Uncharted. You'd have to imagine the UC debut is all but guaranteed

It's on Spike, right? It'll be trashy and an embarrassment for the industry.

It won't be televised this year, minus a recap show at a later date, and it will be in a "studio setting" rather than a stage.

Edit:

VGX, the next generation of Video Game Awards, is an all-day gaming experience, and a true binging dream for gamers.

While its roots lie in the Video Game Awards, VGX will abandon the traditional Hollywood style award show to feature more world premiere game trailers than ever before, plus extended deep dives into the next generation of games, new looks at gaming culture, one-on-one interviews with the industry’s most visionary creatives and expert panels digging into what’s coming to consoles in 2014 and beyond. The new format features more games, less fame, in an intimate studio setting.

VGX Nominees are determined by the VGX Advisory Council, which is made up of a group of some of the most well-respected video game journalists from media outlets such as Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Wired.com, USA Today and Associated Press.

VGX will be streamed across Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Twitch, iOS and Android devices, and available globally on VGXLIVE.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, the Yahoo Screen app and Viacom properties Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com MTV.com, MTV2.com, BET.com and GameTrailers.com. VGX will be live streamed for three-hours on Saturday, December 7, beginning at 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT. Spike TV will also air highlights of the show as "VGX Replay" on Monday, December 9 at midnight.

I'm more curious about the rumored new IP Guerilla Games have been working on for so long. If we don't see it during the VGX I'm sure they'll show it during E3. So the first half of 2014 has two playstation exclusive releases; DriveClub and Infamous but the later half? The Order 1866 and if I had to guess Uncharted 4.

DXU is my #1 most wanted next gen title, that would be epic, though it sounds like it may still be too early for them to show anything.

After that, Naughty Gods might be the premier developer out there right now, so Uncharted would be very welcome.

Also down for some Fallout & Mass Effect.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Added date/time to the op, and global time zone converter for local times.

Will add other game suggestions once the Xbone event is wrapped up.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The new description for how they wanna do the show sounds soooooooo much fuckin better than their normal BS... i love sammy J as much as the next guy but his phoning it in for the paycheck attitude was thick as honey last year.

Show me The Order, SonySantaMonica and an actual UC4 Trailer and i'm good..

Some Nobody

GEOFF KEIGHLEY PLEASE UNVEIL MORE JRPGS

MAYBE LIKE SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V OR SAKURA TAISEN

Dammit. I really could care less about Persona or SMT, but a new Sakura Taisen game would be amazing.

Anyway, hype denied. Even against all logic that there's almost GUARANTEED to be a large number of major games announced, I refuse to get myself hyped until I'm sitting down and seeing them happen.

not expecting SSM game to be there. I am expecting Uncharted and possibly The Order 1886 trailer.

SSM game + TLG are the nukes being saved for next E3 :p

oh yeah, maybe more indies at this thing too! ^_^

TripleT1

If they announce fallout 4 with an actual gameplay trailer Instead of a logo splash I'll be satisfied with the show.

with it being 3 hours long maybe they won't randomly give away awards off stage. those are so awkward lol. also they silly monkey trophy needs to go, they need an award that looks more sophisticated than that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not on tv = less reveals

Not necessarily. I think they're finally embracing the reality more people try to watch it online than they do TV. Previous years haven't been streamed officially (I don't think?), except maybe the last, and so watching online required finding a UStream or something of someone streaming from the US. And they were routinely shut down as the show went on.

This year it's getting an official online stream I think, and isn't actually screening live on TV, but instead having a TV recap.

EatChildren

Added a confirmed section so people can shape their expectations ;).

Some Nobody

Not on tv = less reveals

Hype still denied, but I will say this: The VGX (not just Geoff rambling on twitter about whatever) are being pushed as focusing more on game reveals this time. In fact....where's the confirmation that there will even BE ads? The initial airing is online only, and there are only so many awards.

HeelPower

I just want a release date for TW3. That's all. A reason to be excited for the summer, or something to put off until next Winter Break. Which is it, CDPR?

I am really dying to hear more about TW3

I know this is really fanboyish but it just seems like one of the best games ever made lol

Please CDPRRRRRRRR

Vibranium

Banned
I can't wait for this year's show, with the new format I'm expecting better things. Crash, Fallout 4 and The Order 1886 gameplay trailer would make me very happy.

Just no Alison Haislip calling our lord and saviour Garry this year please.

Mrbob

Here we go again!

We already know what will happen:

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom