• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

NeOak

I got and idea for the Dragonfall elections, but i'll need help with it.

Hell no, get a better provider. The art of this game shall not be compromised because of your shitty net. I can at least dial back on the amount per page though

DMPrince's JPEG images look better than yours anyway.

you need to optimize the S1Engine.ini to get rid of that cap.

I got a 2x 6850, and i get more that 30fps with 12.4. Also, Crossfire doesn't work, so its basically a lone 6850 doing it all.

SLI works and scales well when the game isn't horribly CPU-bound, which it is the majority of the time as the game is very badly optimized for multi-core CPUs. Basically having multiple GPUs doesn't do a damn thing in Tera when it counts, scaling or no.

The irony is that in Korea, Tera was an "ATI Get in the Game" title and SLI works but CF doesn't. Typical ATI.

Today we did a second CR run (easy!) and I got some nice loot, and we did an SM run for fun (and still a gold dropped!) And we went back to Pora Erinu to clear up some BAM quests
A slight detour to wipe the floor with some gankers on Lumbertown bridge which then lead us onto Allemantheia!
This game is so pretty *_*

jiien

What guild are you folks in? Is recruitment currently open?

We're in Believe, same guild name as that of the Dragonfall GAF guild. Recruitment is open. We've only 35 members (some of which are alts), and we're not really actively advertising to get more members. It keeps the guild personal and close knit. You're more than welcome to join us. Just search for Believe and apply, and someone will get you in.

Liberty4all

Banned
Ah hell. I got the subscription bug D=.

In the live chat support que. 450 people ahead of me 3 hour wait. Going to be a long grind to get to 1.

Rokal

Jumped into a random group in Celestial hills with a warrior fighting the named/armored Naga and a mystic joined us mid fight. We cleared out all the group quests in the zone and a world boss. Was a ton of fun :)

NeOak

Ah hell. I got the subscription bug D=.

In the live chat support que. 450 people ahead of me 3 hour wait. Going to be a long grind to get to 1.

468 :(

Went from time to "We will assign you to an agent as soon as one is available." D:

Really don't understand why the archer has max damage at 6 yard range and shit escape tools compared to a warrior. I mean one is on a 20 second cd and the other barely helps to get out of a BAM attack range.

I think I need to start one to see the challenge because my slayer is easy mode right now.

Einbroch

Banned
Really don't understand why the archer has max damage at 6 yard range and shit escape tools compared to a warrior. I mean one is on a 20 second cd and the other barely helps to get out of a BAM attack range.

I think I need to start one to see the challenge because my slayer is easy mode right now.

This. Archer really is broken. I'm contemplating rerolling because it's awful. Damage at 6 meters is great! But a long ass cooldown on the jumpback and the stationary turret nature of the class so far is really off-putting.

T.O.P

Banned
Download finished and my subscription seems fine with 36 days :D

Can't wait to play tonight, btw the CE in-game extras are already in my inventory at the start of the game or what? First boring quests with mount? A lot more fun :3

Loginius

This. Archer really is broken. I'm contemplating rerolling because it's awful. Damage at 6 meters is great! But a long ass cooldown on the jumpback and the stationary turret nature of the class so far is really off-putting.

I only played archer in the beta but back then I thought that he was one of the most mobile classes in the game as he can move while casting almost anything (well you have to stop for a second to actually release your arrow, but in some cases you do a little jump back animation while doing so).
I had no problem soloing Basilisks and Pumas back then.

Pietepiet

Aw man, Essenia is full :( Guess I'll keep playing on Samael. Is there a GAF guild on Samael?

Started out with a Slayer, but gonna try Archer as well (mostly cause I want to make a Popori as well as a Human).

T.O.P

Banned
Aw man, Essenia is full :( Guess I'll keep playing on Samael. Is there a GAF guild on Samael?

Started out with a Slayer, but gonna try Archer as well (mostly cause I want to make a Popori as well as a Human).

Let me know wich Server you'll choose, now that Essenia is full i'm lost, and i want people to play with lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What benefits do Vanarchs actually get?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
still undecided whether to play on Eu or Na got my copy of the game, but ive got friends on both lol

Arksy

still undecided whether to play on Eu or Na got my copy of the game, but ive got friends on both lol

I'm on the NA servers as an aussie there are a heap of EU players around apparently getting away from frogster. He said frogster was bad enough to deal with the noticably higher ping. So you should factor the fact that your game experience won't be as good on the NA servers due to ping. I'm getting 250-350 in AU :(

Wallach

Really annoys me to see people complain about the threat system in this game when it's probably the first MMO I've played to handle threat in a way that isn't retarded. Games like EQ/WoW have really fucked up how people think about MMO game mechanics with how many times they have been aped.

Sblargh

Banned
So, is most of GAF on PvE or PvP?

Also, is combat hard? Will I get frustrated being run over by enemies or is there a neat learning curve?

Trickster

Seriously, what is up with my fucking pc?

No matter what, I can't get the get to run at more than 30fps unless i practially turn the preset down to something like 1. Same goes for a lot of other games, I seem to be getting pretty shitty performance out of my pc.

Specs are:

i5 2500k processor.
8gb ram
7850 ATI ( 12.4 driver )
7200rpm sata hdd
windows 7 pro
Z68 asrock extreme4 gen3 motherboard
650 watt power supply

There should be no way I'm getting sub 30 fps at something like preset 3 in the video option right?

Currently figuring I'll just reinstall windows and hopefully that will somehow fix it. But if there are any tech savy tera player in here, I'd love some guesses as to what the problem could be

Maybe not the right topic for this, but goddamn it's frustrating to spend money on new pc components and not get anywhere near the performance you want for no apparent reason.

Just quoting myself to say that this game runs A LOT better once you make sure that the cpu fan is locked on to your cpu properly. CPU was sitting at 90+ degrees celsius while in idling. I can finally enjoy Tera at max with great framerate :D

Visceir

Did the skygarden instance and almost got wiped on the last boss after having fought it for quite a while. I was the main damage dealer and it was rather frustrating to see it slowly regain its hp back from 5%, once I was resureected it was back to 10% hp again. Fortunately I got lucky with my hits and did quite a few high damage critical attacks and knockdowns on it and we finally defeated it. Tense as hell and I'm rather exhausted.

New area (and new friends) await me, heres finally a pic of my char with his new pal

TERA_ScreenShot_20120504_142753.png

Zafir

The class select screen stated that Warriors could DPS too, but looking at the abilities, the majority of them seem to have threat modifiers on. Should I take that to mean they are tanking only? Really enjoyed their play style but, I don't really want to roll a tank again, was a tank on SWTOR, and I want a change of role. Plus I've heard they are probably the hardest tank class to play.

Wallach

The class select screen stated that Warriors could DPS too, but looking at the abilities, the majority of them seem to have threat modifiers on. Should I take that to mean they are tanking only? Really enjoyed their play style but, I don't really want to roll a tank again, was a tank on SWTOR, and I want a change of role. Plus I've heard they are probably the hardest tank class to play.

No you can play them as a DPS and they are quite capable in that role in PvE (probably behind only Sorcerer and Slayer in the long term from what I can gather).

Haly

They are actually lackluster tankers compared to Lancer. Warriors are usually DPS.

Although if you like a challenge you can play warrior tank. Most people won't mind if a warrior tanks as long as he knows what he's doing because there's a shortage of tanks in general.

Visceir

They are actually lackluster tankers compared to Lancer. Warriors are usually DPS.

Although if you like a challenge you can play warrior tank. Most people won't mind if a warrior tanks as long as he knows what he's doing because there's a shortage of tanks in general.

I'm guessing it's only a matter of glyphs and those can be changed whenever you want, only a matter of a town visit. Did the lvl 55 BAMs today and we had a warrior tank, she made it seem awfully easy, didn't even jump around or anything and kept the monster in one place. I was curious how/what she did but I was much too tired to ask. I'm guessing it's rather important to have 4 of those -7% damage from boss monsters crystals equipped. Those have massively improved my survivability.

Haly

I'm guessing it's only a matter of glyphs and those can be changed whenever you want, only a matter of a town visit. Did the lvl 55 BAMs today and we had a warrior tank, she made it seem awfully easy, didn't even jump around or anything and kept the monster in one place. I was curious how/what she did but I was much too tired to ask. I'm guessing it's rather important to have 4 of those -7% damage from boss monsters crystals equipped. Those have massively improved my survivability.
I would like to know as well actually, I want to tank but I hate doing it so much.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Sorry if this has already been asked. I am pondering jumping in on this. How soloable is this game? Is it more or less like WoW where you can get to max solo with any class, just need groups for dungeons/group quests?

jiien

I would like to know as well actually, I want to tank but I hate doing it so much.

Warriors have damage reduction during the animation of most of their skills (ranging from 20% to 50% I think), so if you know your boss fight, you really only need to dodge the heavy hitters, and you attack through the rest. I assume the warrior had a healer. Without a healer, there's a lot more movement involved, but it's pretty easy with a healer. We have access to two dodges, both on very short cooldowns, and one gives 3 seconds of invincibility and keeps you in place.

Top Bottom