• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackbox Games announcement later today (Fibbage 3)

n0razi

Jackbox is awesome. I bring my fireTV sick with it loaded whenever I go to a house gathering. So easy to do a 6-8 player gaming session to break the ice especially since everyone is sick of cards against humanity and Catan.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Trivia Murder Party sucks, I didn't realize people liked it. It moves so fucking slowly

I had jackbox 1 2 and 3 and drawful 2 at a holiday party and probably went through about 40 people who fell in love with tmp and fibbage 2. The game stole the show so much that I put on lie swatter so everybody could play without being an audience member.

So the TLDR version is yes lots of normal non gamers like it

Are these games similar to Sony's Buzz! Series? A group of my friends always had a ton of fun with those but the controllers broke and my PS3 busted.

Tempted to pick this up for some game night shenanigans.

I'd love a Jackbox Party Hub where you can buy individual games instead of the packs but more JPP and Fibbage is always good.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Predictions:

Fibbage 3
You Don't Know Jack 2018
Western themed drawing game called "Quick Draw"
Co-operative game in the vein of Bomb Corp, but with more quizzing
A golf game

Terrell

I was out of town at a temp job when this was going on, so I clearly missed the news. So psyched for this!!! (even though it was totally expected)

Dunno why some of you are so down on Fibbage, I think it's a great game!

And if the post earlier in the thread that it was announced day-and-date for Switch is legit, I guess that means Jackbox hit their sales targets for the Party Pack 3 port. Nice.

Tumle

Bought the game pack nr.2. It's really good party fun.. but I'm not native English speaking and it's a little hard if your friends aren't that good at English.. so I really wish they would localise these games or hire someone to do it.. 😊

Vyse24

So they announced today on their stream that Fibbage 3 will have a mode called Fibbage Enough About You. In this mode, players are sent questions about themselves which others have to guess the truth (I believe they said it was between the truth and a lie. Have to rewatch the current stream when it's done).

Also, they'll be playing Fibbage 3 next week on their Twitch channel.

t1496962800z1.png

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Quiplash > Fibbage

In Fibbage you often get punished for attempting to be funny - Quiplash is better geared towards player wit.

Also, some localization would generate so many more sales for these guys. Not sure why they never bothered.

Vyse24

So Fibbage 3 was played last night. Things to know:

-The game is meant to have a 70s vibe to it
-Audience picks from 3 fake answers and the one with the most votes gets used
-Likes now award points
-The 6th question of the game is one of three special questions. 2 shown were picture questions and celebrity social media questions
-The final round now has you fill in 2 blanks

Stream replay for your viewing pleasure: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150492242

They had another new game announcement for Jackbox 4, Survive the Internet.

Yes, that’s one of the four brand new games that will be in The Jackbox Party Pack 4! (Oh, yeah, in case you missed it, we announced that in addition to Fibbage 3 there will be four brand new titles in Party Pack 4.)

All right, I’ll take the bait: What is Survive the Internet? It’s a user-generated comedy game where you twist your friends’ opinions in a myriad of hilarious ways! As the name suggests, all of this action takes place in our version of the internet.

But isn’t the internet just a fad? Will people understand this cyber world you’ve created? After spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in research, we’ve discovered that most people are familiar with the internet, so we don’t expect there to be much of a learning curve.

How does it work? During each round of play, everybody gets a different prompt that asks a simple, opinion-based question like, “How do you feel about Fidget Cubes?” If Fidget Cube enthusiast and meeting-disruptor Arnie Niekamp were to get this prompt, he’d probably respond with, “I’m addicted to them!”

That response is then randomly sent to another player—let’s say… me. My objective is to take his quote out of context in the funniest way imaginable. Suppose we’re on a social media site (one of the many sites in the game). I would need to come up with a hashtag to follow “I’m addicted to them!” Being an extremely clever person, I would enter #Swirlies. So now it looks like Arnie, that putz, made a social media post saying, “I’m addicted to them! #Swirlies”

Everybody then votes on who comes out looking the most ridiculous. People would of course vote for Arnie—meaning I, the twist-writer, would be rewarded with some sweet, sweet points. But Arnie wouldn’t leave that round empty-handed. He would get some pity points for sacrificing his image. The player with the most points at the end of the game “survives.”

As fun as it is to read a long post about how a new game works, it’s even more enjoyable to play/watch it firsthand, so check out our Twitch or YouTube stream this Thursday (6/29 @ 6 PM CT) and watch us debut our new internet game, Survive the Internet… on the internet!

Vyse24

Jackbox announced that game #3 will be revealed this Thursday on their stream.
npEAKmi.jpg

I guess the gag here is "sleeping with the fishes"? No idea what the game play could be.

Stoked to see what they come up with next...

Speaking of which, I really wish that they'd introduce a platform/all-in-one Jackbox so that I could have access to all of the Jackbox games I've purchased via one menu.

Berordn

Jackbox announced that game #3 will be revealed this Thursday on their stream.
npEAKmi.jpg

I guess the gag here is "sleeping with the fishes"? No idea what the game play could be.

He's got a Drawful lapel.

It's probably nothing, but it could be a drawing game.

FinKL

Now that I have a Switch, wondering if I should get this latest on it vs Xbox where I have the trilogy already

Diggin' the look of that screenshot. I can't wait - this past weekend we played a bunch of Jackbox with 6 people and it was amazing (usually we're about 4 people).

Vyse24

Reminder that they're gonna show off the new game in about half an hour. Link to both streams found in the post 2 above this one.

FN-2187

I'd love a bundle of the games, or like you said, a way to pay for them individual but have them all work within the same launcher.

Paying individually would be great. My wife and I love playing these games together after the kids are in bed, but only a couple of games in each of the Party Packs are fun (or possible) with only 2 players.

Terrell

Can't watch the stream at the moment, what was the new game?

It's called Monster Seeking Monster, where you are a monster disguised as a human and you send each other messages to get someone to pick you for a date. It's basically a goof on Tinder.

Here's the blog post for it: http://jackboxgames.com/2017/07/27/announcing-game-three-of-pp4-monster-seeking-monster/

Monster Seeking Monster is a dating-themed party game where players send each other secret messages trying to set up dates, and then find out who dated who... and who betrayed who.
Did we mention you're also all secretly monsters with different hidden powers? Maybe you get extra points for spreading vampirism. Maybe you gain or lose points depending on whether you date during a full moon. Or maybe, just maybe... you're the scariest thing of all... a ventriloquist puppet.

Monster Seeking Monster is full of surprises and pushes our ”easy-to-use phone-as-controller" technology further than we've ever pushed it before. But at its heart, it's our latest excuse for players to type funny things on their phones in an attempt to make their friends laugh. Or to get an Audience of up to 10,000 people to laugh. An Audience of 10,000 that's playing along... trying to get their own dates. Heck, the Audience could even beat everybody and win the game.
But hey, that's love. It's weird.

That sounds pretty damn fun!

So far we've got Fibbage 3, Survive the Internet, and Monster Seeking Monster. Apparently Fibbage is the only sequel so I wonder what else they've got in store? I'm a bit bummed we won't be seeing a follow up to Trivia Murder Party but I do hope one of the new games is another straight up trivia game.

I'm guessing we might see another drawing based game too.

Vyse24

CliF4wv.jpg

So Fibbage 3 is a vinyl record, Survive the Internet is a CD-ROM, Monster Seeking Monster looks like a traditional board game, and the 2 others look like an SNES cartridge and a floppy disk.

Raide

Fibbage 3 sounds great. Outside of the normal Fibbage, Drawful and Quiplash, my group of friends never really enjoy all the other stuff. Murder party was OK but the rest is just confusing and takes way too long to get into. Hopefully I can buy F3 separately.

Fibbage 3 sounds great. Outside of the normal Fibbage, Drawful and Quiplash, my group of friends never really enjoy all the other stuff. Murder party was OK but the rest is just confusing and takes way too long to get into. Hopefully I can buy F3 separately.

I'm really disappointed by the threepeat. I think they're far too creative to do any of these games more than twice. I've been playing all of the Jackbox games with friends since the first one and I've so rarely seen a repeated question in Drawful, Quiplash, Fibbage, etc. I was really hoping their sequel spot being would given to a Guesspionage 2. The first one, aside from Bidiots, is their best new game in years. And one of their best ever.

sn00zer

Want to get into this series now that entire family has a ps4 and we found thats you super fun. What game should i get?

Bahorel

Want to get into this series now that entire family has a ps4 and we found thats you super fun. What game should i get?

The first pack is awesome tbh. Fibbage, drawful, and you don't know jack altogether was great. I also like pack 3

All of them! Maybe consider in order, as later packs have sequels to some games from the packs that come before it. Also, if you have a PS4 I believe the packs are on sale. Go figure I bought them all at full price when they launched. Worth it even at the $25 a pack price.

My personal favorite games, as mentioned above, are Bidiots and Guesspionage. Could be recency bias as I play these so often with groups of friends.

And everyone loves what brought us to these packs in the first place, You Don't Know Jack. The GOAT. Drawful, Quiplash, and Fibbage are all popular and great as well.

All of them! Maybe consider in order, as later packs have sequels to some games from the packs that come before it. Also, if you have a PS4 I believe the packs are on sale. Go figure I bought them all at full price when they launched. Worth it even at the $25 a pack price.

My personal favorite games, as mentioned above, are Bidiots and Guesspionage. Could be recency bias as I play these so often with groups of friends.

And everyone loves what brought us to these packs in the first place, You Don't Know Jack. The GOAT. Drawful, Quiplash, and Fibbage are all popular and great as well.

My group just couldn't get into Bidiots. It felt a bit rule heavy compared to everything else in the packs. I think we've maybe played it twice - I want to try it again but nobody wants to bother with it lol

Top Bottom