• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I've never had issues with Japanese places (even though I'm Asian) but I get the same thing as you in any place run by mainlanders. Like if I don't speak Mandarin I pretty much know I'm gonna get shit tier service. Man I regret moving into North York.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I found that the rice in the sushi at salmon lovers on Dundas is also quite delicious.
Since you got free time, DEFINITELY go to Solo sushi before it closes
wait...Solo Sushi Bekkan is closing? fuck
Closing end of March. He'll take some vacation and then then look for another place. I asked if it would be nearby, but he won't know obviously. He said to just check the site.
speaking of ramen; I always have a weird experience when I go to ramen isshin. Last time I went, I sat down and said im waiting for one more person, then they moved me from the tables to the side wall table and took one of the two menus away, and I said I need a second menu for the friend that is coming, and the waiter just shook his head and said no no no no. THen my friend came, we asked three times for a menu. Ordered beer, and I was about to grab my beer a few minutes later when the waiter comes with the food behind me without warning and put it on the table, burning my hand a little and spilling my beer. Didnt get offer a new beer or an apology, Just a rag to clean shit with.

I feel like im not welcome in a lot of these ethnic places. Pho Pasteur made me wait 20 minutes past two times when i went alone, just to get a menu, and the lady said in a very rude way if i was actually ordering anything.

Do i look like a bum?

the fuck.
never been to Pasteur, so it might be just a "that place" kind of service. I'm surprised to hear that about Isshin, you should've complained again directly.

And yes, you look like a bum. FIGHT ME! >:[

I've never had issues with Japanese places (even though I'm Asian) but I get the same thing as you in any place run by mainlanders. Like if I don't speak Mandarin I pretty much know I'm gonna get shit tier service. Man I regret moving into North York.
Canto speakers are slowly dying off :(
Worst thing that could've happened is the 97 turnover and the death of the HK film industry. There's just so much garbage in Asian cinema right now.

dluu13

Canto speakers are slowly dying off :(
Worst thing that could've happened is the 97 turnover and the death of the HK film industry. There's just so much garbage in Asian cinema right now.

It really puts into perspective how powerful the Cantonese language was when you consider that no part of my family is from a predominantly Cantonese speaking place (Fujian province, Singapore, Vietnam) and yet it became the most spoken language in my family.

krae_man

Oh god, walked into an EB to see what switch cases they had. Left with Mirrors Edge Catalyst collectors edition since it was on clearance for $30. Man this thing is huge and heavy.

krae_man

speaking of ramen; I always have a weird experience when I go to ramen isshin. Last time I went, I sat down and said im waiting for one more person, then they moved me from the tables to the side wall table and took one of the two menus away, and I said I need a second menu for the friend that is coming, and the waiter just shook his head and said no no no no. THen my friend came, we asked three times for a menu. Ordered beer, and I was about to grab my beer a few minutes later when the waiter comes with the food behind me without warning and put it on the table, burning my hand a little and spilling my beer. Didnt get offer a new beer or an apology, Just a rag to clean shit with.

I feel like im not welcome in a lot of these ethnic places. Pho Pasteur made me wait 20 minutes past two times when i went alone, just to get a menu, and the lady said in a very rude way if i was actually ordering anything.

Do i look like a bum?

the fuck.

If you want good service go to Ajuker, dude got his beer instantly(and drank it just as fast).

gabbo

John Tory is shilling hard for that Scarborough subway on CP24, saying Scarborough Center subway stop would be busier than King or Queen subway stations. He's out of his damn mind.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

explodet

John Tory is shilling hard for that Scarborough subway on CP24, saying Scarborough Center subway stop would be busier than King or Queen subway stations. He's out of his damn mind.
Scarborough Center more popular than the Eaton Centre and Bay & King combined confirmed.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My biggest problem is I showed my almost 4 y/o niece the joycons disconnected from anything and she fell in love with them because "they're so cute".

BTW I never thanked Kuro because the Paula and Jeff Mother 2 figures he gave me are my niece's favourite toys when she comes over.

zroid

Banned
My biggest problem is I showed my almost 4 y/o niece the joycons disconnected from anything and she fell in love with them because "they're so cute".

I don't blame her for thinking that. They are pretty damn adorable, particularly the neon ones

Giard

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to the Whitby area for work next week. Anyone have any recommendations for restaurants in that area?

If I have time to visit Toronto I'll definitely check out the stuff mentioned in the OP.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you want good service go to Ajuker, dude got his beer instantly(and drank it just as fast).
That was fucking hilarious. Dude comes in, asks for a beer, pays for it, chugs it in front, and leaves.
Tory is a fucking idiot. I voted Chow, but whatever...
the Switch seems to be having a messy launch with all the problems.
Yeah, I feel they'll iron it out with the eventual 2nd release of it.

BTW I never thanked Kuro because the Paula and Jeff Mother 2 figures he gave me are my niece's favourite toys when she comes over.
Earthbound is such a classic.
Why the hell it will cost $3B for one stop? WTF is this?

Because it's long as fuck. It'd be the 2nd or 3rd longest IN THE WORLD. FOR ONE STOP!

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to the Whitby area for work next week. Anyone have any recommendations for restaurants in that area?

If I have time to visit Toronto I'll definitely check out the stuff mentioned in the OP.
My recommendation is to go to restaurants in Toronto :D

Also reminds me that my favourite sushi place, Solo Sushi Bekkan on Grosvener is shutting down Mar 31 and the owner has to find another spot.

I highly highly recommend going at least once if you guys have never been. The sushi has a slightly sweet taste to it and the sushi rice is the best in the city - you can actually taste the vinegar and it's just overall awesome.

I'm not much of a sushi guy but I guess I'll check this out. I practically live around the corner so I might as well.

krae_man

Just traded my $45 WiiU version of Zelda for the switch version since it has $80 worth of credit if you use it towards switch stuff.

Unfortunately I pulled a Cripplegate along the way. Waiting for the bus I finished my hot chocolate and made a run for the nearest binbefore the bus got there.

The ground was wet and slippery somehow and on a slope so I lost my grip and did a total face plant on the ground. I probably have a huge ass bruise on my right leg now and dirt all over my pants and coat.

Thankfully I didn't land on my phone so it survived.

Anyway switch code is 6961 0654 5115

ahdurian

Just traded my $45 WiiU version of Zelda for the switch version since it has $80 worth of credit if you use it towards switch stuff.

Unfortunately I pulled a Cripplegate along the way. Waiting for the bus I finished my hot chocolate and made a run for the nearest binbefore the bus got there.

The ground was wet and slippery somehow and on a slope so I lost my grip and did a total face plant on the ground. I probably have a huge ass bruise on my right leg now and dirt all over my pants and coat.

Thankfully I didn't land on my phone so it survived.

Anyway switch code is 6961 0654 5115

adding on

i wish there were more online games at launch. =/

jcutner

Hey GAF,

It's my gf's birthday on Friday and we've never done an Escape Room. Can you recommend a good Escape Room in/around Toronto?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The city is replacing pipes on our street. Water was supposed to be off yesterday until 5. It didn't come back till 11.

You mean the god tier naked Chicken chalupa? Yup. I just tried one last Saturday and it was really good. I even tried without the ground beef and it was even better.

I didnt know it came with ground beef in the first place. Do you want to go together this Saturday? If you're free that is.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
First I was upset this trailer came out last week and nobody told me. Then I was upset that I watched it. So bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVOzM0QNCMk
That's a shame. A lot of interesting stuff happened during his run and right after it. Definitely could be used as an example of people easily convinced and influenced by people like Ford (and Trump). Also can go through the whole story since he's dead now too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Votes in Scarborough are expensive.

Fuck Rob Ford.
ARE YOU TELLING ME THE GOOD PEOPLE OF SCARBOROUGH DON'T DESERVE A SUBWAY?!?!?!?!
😾

God, I didn't like Miller, but I hate how it took Ford to see Miller was a lot goddamn better - he just shouldn't have fucked up that stupid garbage strike. Also terrible how so many people are getting hoodwinked by this stupid subway stop and the only argument anymore is demanding to know if Scarberians don't deserve it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Didnt they just approved the subway extention? I wonder if the made in diamond station was included on that?

Executive committee, so that means nothing. They're all conservative Tory yes men for the most part. Still needs to go before council, but don't get your hopes up.

855470.jpg

Thanks to whoever suggested Simpletax last year, much faster than doing it by pen/paper :p

Top Bottom