• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Quitters Fantasy NFL Football League (Season 9) |OT|

UberTag

tMLrhXz.png

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5
Season 6
Season 7
Season 8
Season 9 (Current) | Yahoo! Fantasy

LeagueSafe League URL: [url]https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3842690[/URL]

It's the 9th season for GAF's longest running competitive fantasy football battleground. While this is an established league with a great deal of history, it is not a dynasty league. Everyone starts from scratch with a clean slate just like all of the teams in the NFL. Filled with aspirations of being great until reality sets in and you realize you're playing for the Browns or the Bills.

That means we cycle through a number of new owners each and every year. This year will likely be no exception... so if you're interested in joining the frey feel free to express your interest in the thread below and - if there's space - you may wind up contacted by the Commissioner and receive an invitation to join. (As always, that's not me... I just maintain the OT. The Commish is ex-GAF member Cloudy / Konex.)

I'll maintain a wait list of those who have expressed interest in this OP for easy reference. Once we get a sense of how many slots need to be filled with newbies, the top names on the list will get PMed to pass along Email contacts so formal league invites can be issued.

Furthermore, as always, this is a league with actual stakes. We play for Amiibos / Loot Boxes / Gamerscore / Bitcoins / Random Substitute for Dollars that Isn't Dollars But is Actually Dollars. League dues last season were 65 of said unit of measurement up front with the top 4 teams making the money. Did I say money? That's just a metaphor. Yeah... metaphor.

Incidentally, the question of whether we should finally raise our dues up above the 65 jelly bean plateau is presently up for discussion on the official league message board. I encourage existing owners to pop over there and chime in with their two cents.

As always, previous players get priority. Invites were sent out on April 26th but you can always check in to your Yahoo! fantasy profiles if yours got buried. If you can't find said invite and need it resent, PM me immediately and I'll hook you up.

League Settings

Quick summary - this is (now once again) a 16 team head-to-head, 0.5 PPR redraft league with a snake draft and weekly waiver priority determined by team standings (last place team gets to claim first). 8 teams make the playoffs. Return yardage is credited to offensive players as well so be sure to factor that in to your drafting decisions.

Payout structure is as follows... as always, Week 14 is the ever critical MONEY WEEK where you make the money if you win and make nothing if you lose.

1st - $440
2nd - $300
3rd - $200
4th - $100

A rookie WON the league last season so don't be discouraged from joining just because we have an established crop of regulars.

Returning for Another Season

Angel's Superb Team {Sinistar}
Bail Kings GAFcoast {Crazymoogle}
Crispy {VPhys aka The Defending Champ}
Dinner Out {Cloudy's Cousin}
Ember Island Players {GCQuinton}
The Ghost of Peyton {Cloudy / Konex aka The Commish}
Good As Gould {rinker}
The Hibachi Grill {donjezzy}
Long Island Broskis {UberTag}
Spyders {spyder_ur}
TD's N' Beer {minx88}

New Recruits for 2017

Evil Corp {Hazelhurst}
Joe GOATANA {TheSkullPrince}
Mild Concussions {saveweyard}
NYR {NYR}
Toto the Magical Pug {Doominated}

UberTag

The OP has now been updated with LeagueSafe credentials for this season. There is also a PayPal route for submitting dues for those of you outside of the United States. Dues will be collected prior to the draft on the Sunday evening before Labor Day.

We're rolling with $65 entry dues once again. I'll start hitting up the waiting list to fill remaining spots beginning next Monday.

The OP has now been updated with LeagueSafe credentials for this season. There is also a PayPal route for submitting dues for those of you outside of the United States. Dues will be collected prior to the draft on the Sunday evening before Labor Day.

Can someone PM me the PP info? I'm not eligible for Leaguesafe.

Draft time is plausible - a bit awkward, but doable - so long as we don't change it. (I think it ends up being 9am for me...)

Can you elaborate on the prizes? What does the winner get? I might be interested if you have room.

I've only participated in 8 team leagues before, so I'll probably get wrecked. That said, are the members mostly active on the league's message board? Is there a lot of (hopefully) good natured hazing?

GCQuinton

What's the status of the league right now? The deadline's tomorrow, but nobody's (except two people) paid dues yet. Wanted to make sure about that before I did.

UberTag

What's the status of the league right now? The deadline's tomorrow, but nobody's (except two people) paid dues yet. Wanted to make sure about that before I did.
As of right now, I'm tracking 5 owners with dues paid, 7 returning owners outstanding (although it's possible the Commish has yet to update the league page to note payments if they've been made recently) and 5 wait listers (the majority of whom will be contacted via PM on Monday to collect contact E-mail for league invites).

The only deadline that matters is that you're paid up by the time we draft a week from Sunday. The only thing that isn't guaranteed starting Monday is the returning spot for members that haven't paid their dues yet. It's not unusual to see most of the entry fees come in during the final week pre-draft so this is pretty much par for the course.

Can you elaborate on the prizes? What does the winner get? I might be interested if you have room.
Top 4 places get paid and this has held true whether we've run with 14 or 16 teams in the past. Here are the payout structures from the past two seasons.

14 Teams

1st - $410
2nd - $300
3rd - $150
4th - $50

16 Teams

1st - $440
2nd - $300
3rd - $200
4th - $100

I'm still chasing that 16 team / $75 buy-in dream with a payout structure of $600 / $350 / $175 / $75. Hopefully we'll get there someday.

I've only participated in 8 team leagues before, so I'll probably get wrecked. That said, are the members mostly active on the league's message board? Is there a lot of (hopefully) good natured hazing?
We've had more good-natured hazing and active trash talk in some of our earlier season threads than we've had in recent years. I'm all for a more engaged and active fantasy community here... if only to get away from the preponderance of "here's my team in a league nobody else on GAF is in, what do you think I should do" posts that tend to dominate around here. I also do my part to keep things hyped over the course of the season. This league's had quite a bit of history and some memorable match-ups. 7 unique winners across 8 total seasons so only one team - Dinner Out - has managed to win the league twice. The commish has never won. I've never won. No reason that somebody new can't join the league and win it all. That happened just last season.

UberTag

First wave of waiting list PMs have gone out. We have at least 4 spots to fill as of right now. Requests for league invites will be relayed over to the Commish in the order I receive Email contact info.

Will roll out another wave of PMs if needed before the weekend.

rinker

This weekend is actually bad for me, but I don't want to make a fuss if it's only me. Hoping to be able to attend on mobile.

UberTag

Ok I saw a post on the league about pushing back the date, just wanted to make sure.
Yeah, just spotted the Commish's post about that.
If the draft gets rescheduled, I'll be sure to update you guys accordingly.

Also, the second batch of waiting list PMs will be sent out shortly.

UberTag

If yall have room for the Hibachi Grill I'm ready to throw down again
Happy to welcome you back to the No Quitters fold, donjezzy.
Missed having you around after your 3rd place showing a couple seasons back.

Will your old Email advice suffice for your league invite or did you need it sent to a different one? If you do, please PM me your new one.

Just for the record, past league alumni will always get to jump the waiting list queue if they want to secure their spot in the league.

UberTag

11 teams are officially locked in and paid.
That number will go up to 12 once the returning donjezzy's entry dues have been tabulated.

That just leaves 4 open slots remaining. I've sent out 2 more invites this morning and will be checking in on a couple others shortly. Secure your spot when you can so you don't get shut out and left on the sidelines.

acksman

Good luck everyone this year, hopefully I can get a spot back in next year. Just life is upside down at the moment so I would not have my head in it this year.

UberTag

Is this a 14 team or 16 team league?
If we get enough for 16, we're doing 16.
We only did 14 last season because we ran up against the wall and weren't able to lock in two more owners before we drafted.

But historically this has been a 16-team league outside of Season 1 and Season 8.
Apologies if the OP was misleading on that front. Still no guarantee we're able to get to 16.

I got the email invite, but when I clicked the link to join I was met with this message:

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning.

UberTag

I got the email invite, but when I clicked the link to join I was met with this message:

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. I can mitigate that right away.
You should be good to go now.

Hazelhurst

If we get enough for 16, we're doing 16.
We only did 14 last season because we ran up against the wall and weren't able to lock in two more owners before we drafted.

But historically this has been a 16-team league outside of Season 1 and Season 8.
Apologies if the OP was misleading on that front. Still no guarantee we're able to get to 16.

No worries, just curious.

UberTag

It's time I make a decent showing in the GAF league. I'm coming, boys!
You're most assuredly due.

For reference, I've done ZERO draft prep this year. I effectively started a new job this month in addition to keeping most of the responsibilities of my old one. So I'm now doing two jobs split between two offices and factoring in an extensive daily commute on top of that.

Normally by now I've had time to draw up extensive cheat sheets, scorecards and run mocks... haven't done any of that this year. Pretty much just going to wing it. Don't expect to be as engaged on waivers this time around, either (where I would usually spend 2-3 hours a week between all of my leagues).

I think it's very unlikely that I make the money this time around unless I get extremely lucky.
And considering I've made the money in 5 out of 6 No Quitters seasons... well, that bodes well for the rest of you.

Since I just recently joined, I've been mock drafting like crazy lol.

Super pumped, since not enough of my coworkers were interested in making a league or playing this year.

NYR

Just sent my money via paypal to the email address Uber gave me via PM, can someone let me know they got it?

Took care of my dues via the LeagueSafe link yesterday. Looking forward to the draft tonight! Time to get some mock ones in beforehand.

UberTag

Good luck to everyone tonight!

We're locked and loaded with a full docket of 16 teams fully paid with all of the requisite jellybeans.
We draft tonight at 9pm Eastern. That's a little under 3 1/2 hours away.
If you can't make it, be sure to set your pre-draft rankings so you don't get saddled with players you don't like.

I've updated the OP with the payout structure and fantasy playoff details.
Feel free to share your teams and your observations about how well you did or didn't do in the draft in this thread.
Wouldn't mind seeing some trash talk in here as well. That's what fantasy is all about.

UberTag

First time ever I'm in a 16-man league, it's going to be fucking crazy!

Tonight's draft will be a blood bath!
Yeah, 16-team man leagues require quite a bit of diligence in terms of drafting strategy and if you haven't been exposed to one before and find yourself sitting at either tail of the snake, you're going to be cringing as those players you covet "almost" make it back to you and then get taken.

Try not to get too attached to specific players. Just go in with your game plan and make the most of what the draft sends your way. I find that the composition of the team and having only 5 bench spots to work with really tailors one's approach to the draft.

Also, if any of Yahoo's rankings seem wonky, they've been set up this year to auto-tailor themselves to a league's scoring structure... and this league DOES factor in return yardage. So that's probably a big reason why. Shame that Yahoo's return yardage projections are garbage. They've over-inflated some players who aren't tagged for return duty and omitted others who are. Will make things lots of fun!

My starting team looks like it could compete in a 10-12 team league

My bench is fucking horrendous though like holy shit

NYR

Really dig my team minus the obvious lack of bench depth, but I guess everyone has that issue.

Congrats on whoever I play week 8, I have 5 guys off, not even going to try to address that, lol.

UberTag

Really dig my team minus the obvious lack of bench depth, but I guess everyone has that issue.

Congrats on whoever I play week 8, I have 5 guys off, not even going to try to address that, lol.
I've presently got a bye week issue in Week 9 but I figure by the time two months rolls around my team will look completely different. No need to sweat the small stuff this early.

Top Bottom