• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

347c1e1f.gif

CyReN

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day​

Trey

One of the top things they need to do is weaken melee. It has destroyed combat in H3 and Reach.

If they "weaken" melee in the sense of keeping it the exact same, just cutting its damage, then I don't want melee in at all. Cut it all together.

I see they're already showcasing the awesome sprint+melee combo. Definitive Halo².

One of the top things they need to do is weaken melee. It has destroyed combat in H3 and Reach.
an interesting idea would be to have melee on a meter of sorts, full shields = strong melee. weaker shields/health gets, the weaker the melee. Hell, do it for sprint, too. If you're hurt, you can't run as fast or for as long as would be normal for the game. I can see inherent problems with the idea, but it's still food for thought.

edit: is that supposed to be a full-sized Cortana in that art?

Kibbles

We've seen a surprising amount of speculation this month about our May cover, with all sorts of different games being suggested. At long last, we can pull back the curtain on our world-exclusive look at Halo 4.

This 14-page cover story is stuffed full of details on the new game, including information on where the story is going, hands-on impressions of multiplayer, and intel on the surprising new approach governing every aspect of Halo's multiplayer experience.

343 Industries also shared a wealth of in-game screenshots and concept art revealing new locations within the Halo universe. Take a look at the May cover image below.

Woorloog

Banned
an interesting idea would be to have melee on a meter of sorts, full shields = strong melee. weaker shields/health gets, the weaker the melee. Hell, do it for sprint, too. If you're hurt, you can't run as fast or for as long as would be normal for the game. I can see inherent problems with the idea, but it's still food for thought.

Just tie melee strenght and sprint togheter, not shields.

As for the cover, not a surprise but why does Cortana look...bad? I know it is artwork but still. The hair's wrong.

Fuchsdh

Always got mad props for GI covers. They get some kick-ass illustrators to do some amazing work. Definitely better than some press release screenshots papered over with BIG TYPE TELLING ME WHAT'S INSIDE

Also: dat AR.

Hell yeah. Doesn't look drastically different too, back to the classic design. Excellent.

Woorloog

Banned
That doesn't effect campers who just sit in a small room and you run/walk in and just get nothing but melee done to you. It's absolutely terrible to have two hits to kill in melee.

Well, reduce base melee strenght to 1/3rd of full health, 3 hits to kill, in addition to having spent sprint meter reduce the strenght even more. Melee is backup/desperation move, or should be.

wwm0nkey

Wonder if her being human sized is a hint that the ending of Origins II wasn't just artistic liberties and she can project herself without a platform and have a physical presence in the world.

CyReN

Take a look at the gaming side thread for the GI cover. It's hilarious. Suck it, haters!

I'm really liking Cortana's redesign. Bravo, 343i. However: hexagons on MC's visor? SMH.

Also: dat AR.

Cortana.

I will forever mess that up.

Top Bottom