• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

im gonna bet... ill have one in my hands within 1 month (If I can get it when in stock).

Announce June 12th and first units ship end of June. I got my S8s in today. Still surprised how tiny these feel. BOGO free with a year of free netflix and 2 sd cards and 2 cases is too good to pass up. I've now owned both the S8 and S8+ The bigger definitely feels better to type on.

Groof

if OP5 is gonna have some crazy colour schemes it'll be a serious contender. enough of boring black and white phones

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
On a side note, Apple maps is quite nice in China lol. At least in Shanghai.
It's way better in China. Really great. I prefer Google Maps day to day and Apple Maps isn't quite there yet. But when Apple Maps does have good data, I prefer it. Looks a heck of a lot nicer, too.

I'm going to buy a Xiaomi Qicycle today.

Jeffrey

hope its more than just a spec bump and better camera.

these prototype designs are kinda dull lol.

oh, maybe the mode slider... actually works this time?

It's way better in China. Really great. I prefer Google Maps day to day and Apple Maps isn't quite there yet. But when Apple Maps does have good data, I prefer it. Looks a heck of a lot nicer, too.

I'm going to buy a Xiaomi Qicycle today.

oh is google maps accurate in china even though its not allowed there? What are you doing there anyways lol. work? family? vacation?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
oh is google maps accurate in china even though its not allowed there? What are you doing there anyways lol. work? family? vacation?
Not sure if it's accurate. Just speaking about my travel experiences with Google Maps. I'm just here in China hanging out. I hate doing business in China because everyone lies to you, all the time, flat out and no matter what. It's tiring. But hanging out in China is fun!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
if OP5 is gonna have some crazy colour schemes it'll be a serious contender. enough of boring black and white phones

This

More color plz

Edit: There's a red Xperia XZ Premium coming. Probably Japan only:

Sony-Xperia-XZ-Premium-Red.jpg

Sony-Xperia-XZ-Premium-Red_.jpg

Time to place bets on the OnePlus 5 announce date. June 12th here we goooo

June 20th here

No Love

Banned
Apple Maps is absolute dogshit. Always picking the slowest routes and missing turnings. Worst GPS app out hands down.

Apple Maps is absolute dogshit. Always picking the slowest routes and missing turnings. Worst GPS app out hands down.
It's why I hate it when my girlfriend tries to give me directions with Apple Maps (which she thinks is Google maps, but I keep telling her that Google maps doesn't suck that much).

Just the other day it tried to have us take a left on a right turn only road and it was constantly changing the route ETA and rerouting.

Saiyan-Rox

Kinda want to jump to the next OP even though my pixel is fine... definitely paying off the pixel contract though cause I cba paying every month anymore and I've loads to pay out already since my dog got sick.

Jeffrey

Saiyan-Rox

Mi max 2 seems legit.

https://xiaomiprime.wordpress.com/2...een-full-metal-body-5300mah-battery-and-more/

That battery and screen. Think I'll pick one up when I go back to China.

It's no interest so paying off now vs later is the same?

Well atm I'm paying £30 a month for it but I'm getting my yearly bonus from work soon so figured buying out the contract and getting a cheaper SIM only would be a better thing to do in the long run tbh money is just tight atm really and I feel paying this off would make it a bit easier.

kharma45

Kinda want to jump to the next OP even though my pixel is fine... definitely paying off the pixel contract though cause I cba paying every month anymore and I've loads to pay out already since my dog got sick.

That'll likely cost you more trying to break it early, unless you're on O2 refresh which I think you can.

Jeffrey

Reminds me of when I wrote reviews often on amazon and was spammed with free stuff for 5* reviews. And I did!

Then I just sold the stuff to dorm mates.

Paid for meals during college.

Hasney

Are they though? I've almost never seen anyone in my area have a Sony phone.

Knew a ton of people with the Z3 and Z3 Compact because it was the battery king. Knew a couple with a Z4's and Z5's based on that residual reputation. After that, nothing.

Furyous

We have like 3 of them in this thread alone.

I take strong offense to that accusation. Just because I champion the only OEM that releases a flagship 4.7 inch device does not make me an astroturfer. Name another OEM that releases a smartphone with a side mounted fingerprint sensor. No, seriously name one so I can go champion their smartphone as that is the best place for a fingerprint sensor, IMHO.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Speaking of colors I'm still miffed Samsung didn't release all 5 colors of the S8 globally.

I fucking hate when companies do shit like this.

I take strong offense to that accusation. Just because I champion the only OEM that releases a flagship 4.7 inch device does not make me an astroturfer. Name another OEM that releases a smartphone with a side mounted fingerprint sensor. No, seriously name one so I can go champion their smartphone as that is the best place for a fingerprint sensor, IMHO.

Lol I didn't even think about you so I'll say 4 now.

Nextbit btw.

Sony has a fingerprint sensor?

Hasney

Speaking of colors I'm still miffed Samsung didn't release all 5 colors of the S8 globally.

I fucking hate when companies do shit like this.

Yeah, wanted that blue. Luckily it was slippy enough to make me want a case anyway, so I got one in that blue.

kaiyo

Lol I didn't even think about you so I'll say 4 now.

Sony has a fingerprint sensor?

How many Samsung Astroturfers? I lost count.

FP sensors is built-in world wide, it's only software disabled in the US.

Knew a ton of people with the Z3 and Z3 Compact because it was the battery king. Knew a couple with a Z4's and Z5's based on that residual reputation. After that, nothing.
Probably because Sony actually advertised the Z3 and was sold at multiple carriers in the US. After that they kinda give up. They didn't release the XZ in Canada either.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah, wanted that blue. Luckily it was slippy enough to make me want a case anyway, so I got one in that blue.

Yeah I wanted blue too.

Dumb as fuck to show it off in your big presentation then say but you can't actually buy it.

Probably because Sony actually advertised the Z3 and was sold at multiple carriers in the US. After that they kinda give up. They didn't release the XZ in Canada either.

The same amount Apple has.

Hasney

I'm in the UK and I think there was a big push to give it away free on modest tariffs too, which helped. At least with the Compact.

Top Bottom