• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

full

dat cover art

deadstar72

Neo Member
Man, I thought I was done buying collector's editions of games. But that statue looks awesome, need to convince myself I don't need it haha

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My buy hinges on if there's AI fighters with custom characters like VF/T6/SCV. If I get that, I'm getting the big ass edition with everything.

This is def a day 1 purchase for me, and I'm fairly convinced I'll get the Deluxe edition for Steam, but I'll wait until closer to release date to see exactly what extras I'm getting with my game, like the extra mode, the two extra characters who aren't Eliza, and the extra costumes that aren't metallic costumes.

I also hope for customizing they let us do gloves/boots separate from shirts/pants like Tekken 6 did, rather than grouping them together like TTT2.

This is def a day 1 purchase for me, and I'm fairly convinced I'll get the Deluxe edition for Steam, but I'll wait until closer to release date to see exactly what extras I'm getting with my game, like the extra mode, the two extra characters who aren't Eliza, and the extra costumes that aren't metallic costumes.

I also hope for customizing they let us do gloves/boots separate from shirts/pants like Tekken 6 did, rather than grouping them together like TTT2.

Idk if that's gonna happen it's using the TTT2 system except there is a lot more unique items

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Idk about the AI but customization is in the game

Yeah I know, and it's always great. But I'm not big into fighting online, and the AI fighters from Tekken 6/Soul Calibur V allowed me to face tons of "people" without the pressure and hate mail.
If I get the AI fighters...I'm in!

Yeah I know, and it's always great. But I'm not big into fighting online, and the AI fighters from Tekken 6/Soul Calibur V allowed me to face tons of "people" without the pressure and hate mail.
If I get the AI fighters...I'm in!

Oh like the Ghost mode? Yeah I hope it's in for you too. It would be an odd omission.

Two Words

I'm just glad Heihachi and Kazuya are the ones primarily on the cover. Fuck Jin. I'm tired of Namco putting him as the face of Tekken so much.

Celcius

°Temp. member
hmm, a GTX 1060 is recommended but they don't say whether it's the 3gb version or the 6gb version. Here's hoping either my 3gb GTX 780 Ti will be fine maxing it at 1080p or else the GTX 1080 Ti is released by then...

Gren

Do people actually like big game art on their controllers? I want something as minimal and tastefully designed as possible, but every time I think about getting a new one people recommend stuff like this.
I've seen more custom sticks adorned with flashy/busy fan art rather than simple colors/patterns, so I'd say there's a good amount.

Momentary

Banned
Do people actually like big game art on their controllers? I want something as minimal and tastefully designed as possible, but every time I think about getting a new one people recommend stuff like this.

This is mine. The handles are removable for a more minimalist look. Giant Sword can customize however you want it.

Sorry for the lint. I only noticed it aftwards. Should have used my microfiber cloth.

Two Words

Dont let Inuhanyou read this.

1385.gif
Tekken Story Pre-Jin:
Some member of the Mishima family is striving for revenge against some other member of the Mishima family, culminating in throwing the defeated Mishima member down a dangerous chasm.

Tekken Story Post-Jin:
Global political/economical/military bullshit to cause some dragon thing to be spawned to kill it.

hmm, a GTX 1060 is recommended but they don't say whether it's the 3gb version or the 6gb version. Here's hoping either my 3gb GTX 780 Ti will be fine maxing it at 1080p or else the GTX 1080 Ti is released by then...

I'd like to speculate that the minimum spec is based on the FR arcade version (1080/60) while the recommended is higher end than suggested, probably "max". A 1060 is a ~2.5x power increase over a 660. A 780ti (~2x) should be overkill at 1080p. Hopefully it'll turn out that recommended is spec'd for new graphics features at maximum + 1440p/60.

TheOGB

Banned
F I N A L L Y

In for the digital deluxe version. Heihachi bout to give these fools the business
too bad he's gonna die in the story mode RIP

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

That I can get behind. It takes up a lotta space true, but it's fairly minimalist.

I mean, it's not a super busy mess like the Madcats Soulcalibur V fight stick. That one had different colored plastic on either side, and a scrambled egg for the stick art. Easily one of the ugliest sticks I've seen. (And own.)

MV3GJRd.jpg

Two Words

This is 1000x better.

U.S cover is terrible, their faces arent even aligned. See Dishonored 2 cover on how to do split face covers.
It's intentionally not aligned. Probably meant to visually represent the fracture between them or whatever.

Aligned faces = two people that are similar but possibly on opposite sides.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't get the point of the Deluxe Edition. It doesn't net you a discount on the season pass or include any additional bonuses. There's not even a physical version, so I can't use Best Buy GCU to get 20% off the pass. Blah.

Canon winners of the King of Iron Fist Tournament:

Tekken 6- Jin

Was there even a tournament in Tekken 6 canon? I thought the scenario campaign was the game's official story, and that just had Lars running around and wrecking stuff unrelated to any tournament.

HotHamBoy

Tekken is arguably my favourite gaming series. I absolutely love it.

However...... This game will be nearly 2 years old by the time it releases on consoles....

Injustice 2 is out May 16th....

I think this is a terrible move because Injustice 2 looks really good too. I think it'll hurt them.

Quote me here that this will never ever happen. How do people think this is even a possibility? haha

Injustice is an NRS game. It's going to be a B-tier game.

TrojanAg

So looking at those images on the first page it looks like I may have been mistaken and the Collectors Edition includes the deluxe edition, meaning that it actually will include the season pass.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm just glad Heihachi and Kazuya are the ones primarily on the cover. Fuck Jin. I'm tired of Namco putting him as the face of Tekken so much.

bnkhYlG.gif

I think you have to get over the fact that Jin is the main character at this point.

Top Bottom