• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

Stupid job, who needs it

I got fired

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Sorry buddy, that's always a crummy situation :(

It's probably way more frustrating for them than it is for us.

I completely agree...

That was a great video. Loved the use of Jeff in it.

Also, the PSVR looks so nice. Can't wait for them to get one for the office and the subsequent stream.

pizzacat

Banned
On the Bombcast, Brad once again mentioned buying a bunch of games and never playing them. They clearly need a video series, let's call it Shoemaker's Shrinkwrap, where Brad tries some of those games. And yes, he must rip them open on camera.
That would require Brad to do something

Anjin M

This E3 video is amazing, great job guys!
Can't wait to get home and watch.

sucks Brad is leaving GB
I appreciate you breaking the seal on this meme.

Stupid job, who needs it

I got fired
Sorry, Strax. Hope you bounce back quick.

More from Jefflr - he's lamenting the desire to make regular, spontaneous and produced content, but only having a small staff (sounds like he's been reading the last thread). E3 video only live now because Drew has been really busy with a lot of jobs, including setting up the podcast studio.
I can't help but suspect that splitting resources across two studios has slowed them down. I get why they did it, but the whole seem not to be greater than the sum of its parts.

Losing Vinny would have probably been worse for the site, though.

killroy87

That E3 video was great!

"So this is free too? There was something around here they were selling tickets to."

"You're thinking of Kinda Funny Live"

LiK

I tend to find Dan's particular brand of special a bit grating once he gets outside of his wheelhouse of bad games, wrestling, and dumb action flicks, so it's probably for the best that I haven't been listening.

Vinny knows how to mess with Dan and it makes it pretty great.

kiguel182

Vinny and Dan are so good together.

Also, it sucks that they are having troubles producing as much content as they want. My sub is still totally worth it but obviously I won't say no to more content.

It seems like finding the balance between spontaneous and programmed content is a challenge.

Clearly now it's the time for the return of daily Dota.

LiK

Cross coast Persona 4 Golden with Vinny and Jeff! We should suggest it to them, I hear they are always open to hearing about Persona 4 or Endurance Runs!

Yea, might as well do it as a run up to P5!

Should I watch the endurance runs? I suck at going back and watching a series of content.

They're all good content. I went back to watch P4 ER after I beat Golden. Was shocked at how much content was missing and/or changed from vanilla but it was fun to revisit some of my fave moments with them. Def worth checking out.

I ended up watching the P4 Endurance Run along with my playthrough. I'd play a couple of hours and then take a break while I watched Jeff and Vinny play the same bit.

Whoa, Danny is leaving Gamespot.

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/771433618237370368
https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/771433701381025795
https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/771433779407626240

It's with equal parts sadness & excitement that I announce that next Friday (Sep 9th) is my last day working at GameSpot. I'll have news on my new adventure soon. But I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for making my lifelong dream come true. Working @GameSpot was a dream I had as a young man in Ireland. To think I've been part of its story for 5 years is still unbelievable to me.

Maiorum

Maybe? I don't feel like Vice is video-focused enough to take advantage of Danny's talents.

I don't know, he seems to be interested in in-depth video coverage, mini-documentaries almost, and they might like to have him there to augment their already existing gaming documentary department. But...

Yeah, that's ruled out then.

Zaph

Maybe? I don't feel like Vice is video-focused enough to take advantage of Danny's talents.

Vice is very, very video focused, they even launched their own network (Viceland), but not so much on their gaming section. Can imagine them wanting to change that if they're rebooting the publication.

Top Bottom