• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Daddy and Nathan Drake revealed for PlayStation All Stars

Selvaria should be in. She fills out the need for both female characters and villains and she could have an interesting moveset.

selvaria_bles_valkyria_chronicles_portrait_01.jpg

I approve, I love her character design, plus she would be a very interesting playstyle. Valkyria Chronicles is a big fav., it needs more recognition.

vg260

Are people actually debating whether or not Big Daddy is an iconic character?

It's not necessarily one that helped build the PS brand in the PS1/2 days so to speak, and doesn't makes you think of just the Playstation. I think that's the issue with his pick. Some characters feel like PS-centric characters. This one's equal PS/Xbox. Hopefully this means they'll get one from Capcom, Konami, Namco, etc now to cover all 3rd parties. It'll be really disappointing if not now.

NIGHT-

Big daddy is an awesome addition, I just don't understand the craze for Nathan drake. He's a boring character and doesn't fit this type of game IMO

sleepykyo

Are people actually debating whether or not Big Daddy is an iconic character?

Bioshock was a momentous game this generation, and I'd like to think I don't just speak for myself when I say I remember the first time I saw a Big Daddy inside of Rapture on my TV screen. Big Daddy is a smart pick- visually distinct, memorable, franchise-worthy, and a big seller.

People are debating whether Bioshock has any relevance on a PS exclusive game. It isn't like Bioshock 2 PS3 sold that well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389924

Neither a big name nor an exclusive name.

If they went with 'one third party character for each generation' route, they dun goofed.
2 third party characters, dun goofed.
3 third party characters, that's acceptable even though Big Daddy looks awesome, it doesn't represent the PS family.

If they went the "lets add third party characters that companies are willing to cede for cheap yet are somewhat recognizable or would look nice", I think they've done a good deal, but I'd need a royalties chart to further analyze this pick.

KalBalboa

Banned
If they went with 'one third party character for each generation' route, they dun goofed.
2 third party characters, dun goofed.
3 third party characters, that's acceptable even though Big Daddy looks awesome, it doesn't represent the PS family.

If they went the "lets add third party characters that companies are willing to cede for cheap yet are somewhat recognizable or would look nice", I think they've done a good deal, but I'd need a royalties chart to further analyze this pick.

What original third party characters would work for this generation then? (Honest question) I'm having a hard time thinking of people who'd really work in a brawler like this, which is another reason I think Big Daddy is a great choice: he just seems to fit the whole "mascot fighter" motif.

Big Daddy, Altair, Isaac, John Marston, Sheppard, and Faith are the first that come to mind. Most other big names had games on PSone and PS2 as well.

N0VAM0D

I think the inclusion of Big Daddy could allow for some fairly interesting gameplay.

I'd definitely like to see Auron featured in the game, and more female character representation.

Rapstah

It's not that Big Daddy neccessarily is a bad pick for this kind of game, it's that Bioshock 1 was such a botched release on PS3. It had lower resolution textures than the 360 version but ran worse, ran at a sub-HD resolution internally but insisted on scaling up to 1080p in a way no other PS3 at the time did, etc. Was the second one notably better?

SykoTech

I think its going to be bizarre and awkward if they add fighter characters from other fighting games....

Yeah, I kinda don't want to see that many fighting game characters here. Especially not ones who get plenty of action like Ryu. I'd rather see more non-fighting game characters.

Yeah, I kinda don't want to see that many fighting game characters here. Especially not ones who get plenty of action like Ryu. I'd rather see more non-fighting game characters.

Agreed.

Its a celebration of Playstation's gaming history and not about stuffing any character into rooster that you can think of.

7Th

I'd totally be okay with that. Especially Lili.

If anyone from Tekken is getting in the game, it's definitely going to be Lili. She is the most popular character in the franchise as of now and the staff loves to whore her out to as many games as they can.

Agreed.

Its a celebration of Playstation's gaming history and not about stuffing any character into rooster that you can think of.

How is Tekken not closely related to "Playstation's gaming history"?

I would have never expected Big Daddy and I could think of so many other characters that I'd rather have in the game, but let's have faith in Superbot. If his gameplay is unique among the cast, then it won't be a wasted slot, regardless of his weak ties to the PlayStation brand.

Top Bottom