• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
I need a confirmation on something.

Is it required to go to a specific guild of that specific class to be able to change into it? If so, I think more people need to be aware so they don't get lost like I did trying to find a weapon.

Xux

I need a confirmation on something.

Is it required to go to a specific guild of that specific class to be able to change into it? If so, I think more people need to be aware so they don't get lost like I did trying to find a weapon.
I can confirm this (and it is in the OP).

koji kabuto

(Good Job!) OP...very informative thread.

SE managed to make it the most confusing MMORPG launch of all time.

Early access supposed to be in 2 days and people still didn't receive their pre-order codes yet(EU digital download). And who was lucky enough to get the code end up stuck with errors in the registration page.

Too many links and domains, All i can say is thank god for fans like the OP, Without the game community this would be confusing.

Xux

What does he say? Link's not working on my phone. Or at least what forum thread and post number is his post?
Regarding the Error 90000 Issue
We apologize for the delay in getting all of you an update on the Error 90000 issue.

We have made adjustments to the database server on the backend and the issue has been addressed.

For those who were unable to participate in the Beta Test due to this issue, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We ask for your continued support in Early Access and the official launch of the service.

Regarding the Error 3102 Issue
Again, we would like to apologize for our delay with the update on Error 3201 issue.

The issue has been resolved after the maintenance that was performed during the Beta Test and we have confirmed that the issue has been fully addressed.

We have corrected the character data for all the characters that were affected by this error, and you'll be able to participate in both Early Access and the official service without any problem.

Once again, for those who were affected by this issue, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your support in both Early Access and the official launch of the service.

ZiZ

Amazing OT! Riposte, Jijidasu, Ebil you guys outdid yourself.

I've been playing the game since launch and following all the news, and this thread is probably the best collection of info out there.

Abominuz

Banned
You can be every class at once on one character in this game. So why not try them all and keep the one you like the most?

Is this as easy as equiping the weapon or do you need to join the guild for the class.
Im sorry about the question but i just been around since beta phase 2.
And played the ol FFXIV and so much has changed.

edit : it seems you need to go the the guild.

Noaloha

With the pre-orders people are placing, is the game registration code separate to the early-access code?

My situation:

- I'm non-legacy 1.0.
- I would like to play during early access (Sat-Mon is a holiday weekend in the UK!).
- My friend would like to play FF14 on PC, but she wouldn't be able to start until mid-September.

Given the above, am I able to pre-order a copy of the PC game, say from GMG, and give the game code to my friend to use next month but apply the early access to my own account before the weekend?

Apologies if it's too early to ask something as specific as this -- I know that the pre-order process is mired in some uncertainty currently.

Are you guys really thinking about wasting $22 (GMG) for 3 days of early access? That seems like an awfully poor deal to me. Especially considering how not operational the servers are likely to be during the launch period.

Qvoth

So anyways guys, both Nvidia and AMD have released beta drivers on the eve of ARR.

Nvidia released ForceWare version 326.80 Beta, it got me almost 1000 points for free on the benchmark with identical settings so they definitely have been optimizing the drivers leading up to ARR's relese. The previous drivers have had a lot of complaints regarding stability in the beta clients, hopefully Nvidia has been cleaning that up before release.

AMD released Catalyst 13.9 Beta2, which is the first driver for ARR under the Gaming Evolved banner. Among other things, this driver adds official CrossFire support for ARR and improves performance and stability.

how do i check my current catalyst driver's version?

Xux

Should there be another thread for the dungeon trailer?
With the pre-orders people are placing, is the game registration code separate to the early-access code?

My situation:

- I'm non-legacy 1.0.
- I would like to play during early access (Sat-Mon is a holiday weekend in the UK!).
- My friend would like to play FF14 on PC, but she wouldn't be able to start until mid-September.

Given the above, am I able to pre-order a copy of the PC game, say from GMG, and give the game code to my friend to use next month but apply the early access to my own account before the weekend?

Apologies if it's too early to ask something as specific as this -- I know that the pre-order process is mired in some uncertainty currently.
Yeah, the codes are separate so that should work.
What's the cheapest way to get early access code, the 30 dollar version?
PC digital is $22.50 on GMG with this code ('til the 25th): GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-na/

Sakura

Are you guys really thinking about wasting $22 (GMG) for 3 days of early access? That seems like an awfully poor deal to me. Especially considering how not operational the servers are likely to be during the launch period.
I have no self control.
Yeah, the codes are separate so that should work.
PC digital is $22.50 on GMG with this code: GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-na/
Thanks.

umm i think i've seen the link for the new catalyst in the other thread, i've already installed it, but when i run the catalyst i think it still says 13.8.XXX ?

I don't own AMD cards. It seems I mistyped that and it's 13.8 Beta2. You are on the right version if you got the one released yesterday.

Abominuz

Banned
So if i understand correctly, if you bought 1.0 you dont have to buy the game again and you have early acces ?
But you dont have acces to the pre order extras like pets ?
And can you still buy Crysta to fund your sub, cause i dont have a creditcard we dont use them here a lot.

Sakura

So if i understand correctly, if you bought 1.0 you dont have to buy the game again and you have early acces ?
And can you still buy Crysta to fund your sub, cause i dont have a creditcard we dont use them here a lot.

You don't have to rebuy the game, but you only have early access if you are legacy, meaning you paid for 3 months during 1.0.

Robin64

So totally in. Brand new player, never even touched open beta. Going in mostly blind, though I've played around with the character creator which has some adorable choices.

Definitely not going to play on a Legacy server, I can't even begin to imagine how so far behind that would make a new player feel, so I'll see you guys on Ultros!

Xux

You don't have to buy the game but, if you didn't pay the sub fee enough months to get legacy status, you don't get Early Access. They're gonna have game time cards but I don't know how available they'll be in your country/outside of Japan.

Rektash

Now fix the preorder code registration and I am a happy man Squenix!

Still no clue which classes would supplement my WHM though. Had a quick glance at the cross class skills but don't feel like I am much wiser. There are a couple decent cross class skills but I don't see a "must have" on CNJ/WHM.

_woLf

okay so I registered the key GMG gave me on the preorder site and I keep getting error 3.

But when I go to my profile on SE's site, I see XIV:ARR on the list. Does that mean I'm good?

rockx4

The wait for this game sucks, I can't get myself motivated to play another game before early access. I'm just catching bugs and shit in AC.

Robin64

Still don't have a pre-order code from the Squeenix store, though I have the confirmation of purchase.

But given all the problems, I'm not really in a rush either.

MMO launches are always pretty horrible.

rockx4

Still don't have a pre-order code from the Squeenix store, though I have the confirmation of purchase.

But given all the problems, I'm not really in a rush either.

MMO launches are always pretty horrible.

I really hope the servers are ready for early acess... it would suck to wait for early access and have the servers die.

Abominuz

Banned
You don't have to buy the game but, if you didn't pay the sub fee enough months to get legacy status, you don't get Early Access. They're gonna have game time cards but I don't know how available they'll be in your country/outside of Japan.

Where can i see if i am legacy ?

Acerac

Banned
Great OP, hopefully I'll be able to play during the launch window more than during the beta, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Robin64

I really love the Lalafell! Are there any class restrictions for races?

*totally used to other MMOs doing that*

Abominuz

Banned
Did you pay a subscription at all for 1.0?

Yes and i registerd since sept 2010 and my basic account since march 2010.
And i cant see my entire history of purchases and subscription ? but i know i have paid several months of sunscription back then.
I believe it was 3 months and after that i left the whole unplayable mess.

I get this under subs : Please add new characters and reactivate subscriptions from the Options List.
But i have 2 characters, that i also played in the legacy server on the beta.

And when i go to select service FFXIV it says active service account ?

Kesagiri

Very impressive OT!

Hopefully I'll get my pre-order code from the shop tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the wait will kill me if I don't get into early access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom