• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Raptor
Santa sees your bad GAF threads.
(09-23-2017, 03:52 PM)
Raptor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Nah fam, she's pretty, but she's not jaw droppingly, handmade from clay beautiful.

Actually, in 30 years, the girl playing WW is gonna have a bad time.

Nor is Gal Gadot.

Somewhere, some place there is the perfect WW.
Firemind
Member
(09-23-2017, 03:53 PM)
Firemind's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raptor

Nor is Gal Gadot.

those armpits innit
Ahasverus
Member
(09-23-2017, 04:25 PM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raptor

Nor is Gal Gadot.

Somewhere, some place there is the perfect WW.

She has the most beautiful face in modern cinema so....

Adrianne is a 7.5 and Gal is like a 12. And besides that, there's a certain regality that the former lacks, at least as evidenced by the on screen portrayal of Diana.

Hell, Lynda Carter was also fit for the role, you don't need to be a super model to be Wonder Woman, but can't look pedestrian/girl next door either.
Last edited by Ahasverus; 09-23-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Leo_Sagittarius
Member
(09-23-2017, 05:27 PM)
Leo_Sagittarius's Avatar
I actually think it was an inspired choice to cast a Middle Eastern actress with an accent to portray an amazon warrior that lives on a concealed magical island whose origins drink directly from european mythology over your regular american girl next door hollywood tends to go for.

And I have to say, It's funny how her phisque will forever be a problem apparently when I don't recall the same to be applied to these two chumps:



Ahasverus
Member
(09-23-2017, 05:36 PM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leo_Sagittarius

And I have to say, It's funny how her phisque will forever be a problem apparently when I don't recall the same to be applied to these two chumps:



I'd kill for being a Brandon Routh sized chump
foolia
Member
(09-23-2017, 06:02 PM)
foolia's Avatar
man that red on Routh's suit is really drab
Ahasverus
Member
(09-23-2017, 06:03 PM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by foolia

man that red on Routh's suit is really drab

G R I M D A R K
R
I
M
D
A
R
K
Boombloxer
Member
(09-23-2017, 06:08 PM)
Boombloxer's Avatar
Ya'll need to chill about the leaks. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Wingfan19
Member
(09-23-2017, 06:14 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
Since today is Batman Day, I hope WB/DC release something Batman related for Justice League.
Loxley
Member
(09-23-2017, 06:49 PM)
Loxley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leo_Sagittarius

And I have to say, It's funny how her phisque will forever be a problem apparently when I don't recall the same to be applied to these two chumps:

As someone who frequented the now long-gone bluetights.net forums (the biggest Superman fansite aside from the Superman Homepage) during Superman Returns' production, people were absolutely criticizing Routh's physique. The most common complaints were that he was too slim and looked like he had a swimmer's body. Folks wanted an Ed McGuinness drawing in human form, I guess. And that was on top of the seemingly endless complaints about the costume. "The \S/ is too small! Why is it raised? Why is the collar closed? Why is the cape leather? Why is there an \S/ on his belt? His boots are too short! The red on the costume is too dark! Why is his hair brown and not black? The red underwear looks too much like a speedo!"

Man, if you'd gone back in time and showed those folks the Man of Steel costume they would have had a goddamn aneurysm.

But I do agree with your point that Gal has received a ludicrously unfair amount of criticizing and shaming of her physique compared to the male actors playing these characters.
strafer
member
(09-23-2017, 07:14 PM)
strafer's Avatar
Why is everyone using drab all of a sudden? Is it some new youth saying?
Leo_Sagittarius
Member
(09-23-2017, 07:18 PM)
Leo_Sagittarius's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

Why is everyone using drab all of a sudden? Is it some new youth saying?

the hottest of takes
strafer
member
(09-23-2017, 07:27 PM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leo_Sagittarius

the hottest of takes

Don't you mean the drabbest of takes?
Leo_Sagittarius
Member
(09-23-2017, 07:32 PM)
Leo_Sagittarius's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

Don't you mean the drabbest of takes?

I think you're projecting
strafer
member
(09-23-2017, 07:34 PM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leo_Sagittarius

I think you're projecting

Don't you mean drabbing?
Leo_Sagittarius
Member
(09-23-2017, 07:38 PM)
Leo_Sagittarius's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

Don't you mean drabbing?

Is this the hill you wanna die on?
strafer
member
(09-23-2017, 07:41 PM)
strafer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leo_Sagittarius

Is this the hill you wanna die on?

No, but it is the drab I wanna die on.

Okay, I'll stop.
Leo_Sagittarius
Member
(09-23-2017, 07:41 PM)
Leo_Sagittarius's Avatar

Originally Posted by strafer

No, but it is the drab I wanna die on.

Okay, I'll stop.

Thank God, I'm out of catchphrases ^_~
Ashhong
Member
(09-23-2017, 07:43 PM)
Ashhong's Avatar
Did u guys see Cavills Instagram? Duno how to post it from the mobile app. Got a chuckle out of me
Ahasverus
Member
(09-23-2017, 08:09 PM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

Did u guys see Cavills Instagram? Duno how to post it from the mobile app. Got a chuckle out of me



He's a treasure.
Wingfan19
Member
(09-23-2017, 08:12 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
Dammit, beaten
Smokey_Run
Member
(09-23-2017, 09:11 PM)
Smokey_Run's Avatar
Was just watching some space stuff on the Science channel and the program was using a track from Batman Begins. Threw me for a loop.
Ashhong
Member
(09-24-2017, 03:59 AM)
Ashhong's Avatar
My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(
Ahasverus
Member
(09-24-2017, 04:09 AM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(

Nooo Ashhong :( I'm so sorry. Remember there's always alcohol, food and Comic book movies to cheer you up. It works for me.

Now hit the gym and do the Cavill routine. You'll get your own Wonder Woman in a heartbeat.
Knuckle Sandwich
Member
(09-24-2017, 05:21 AM)
Knuckle Sandwich's Avatar
Avoiding the leak like the plague but hate seeing negative reactions. Hopefully it's just.like the bullshit before Wonder Woman and turns out to be great. JL is me and my wife's next big date night. Don't wanna start out on a shitty note lol.


Originally Posted by Ashhong

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(

Sorry. :-( Watch TV show bloopers on YouTube. That helps me when I'm bummed
:-)
GringoSuave89
Member
(09-24-2017, 06:48 AM)
GringoSuave89's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(

My sympathies :[ Cherish the good times, and learn from the bad. All you can do.
Ashhong
Member
(09-24-2017, 09:13 AM)
Ashhong's Avatar
Thanks guys. Shits hard
IconGrist
Member
(09-24-2017, 11:20 AM)
IconGrist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

Thanks guys. Shits hard

Aww damn, I'm sorry, Ash. One day at a time. Keep your mind on work and/or hobbies and remember: a good cry never hurt anybody.
Firemind
Member
(09-24-2017, 11:58 AM)
Firemind's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(

Sorry to hear that. Chin up mate. You're still young.

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Nooo Ashhong :( I'm so sorry. Remember there's always alcohol, food and Comic book movies to cheer you up. It works for me.

Don't go overboard with alcohol. Getting wasted once or twice is fine but don't make it a habit. Speaking from experience.
Ninjimbo
Member
(09-24-2017, 02:38 PM)
Ninjimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

Thanks guys. Shits hard

Stay strong man. We got your back.
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(09-24-2017, 03:05 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leo_Sagittarius

And I have to say, It's funny how her phisque will forever be a problem apparently when I don't recall the same to be applied to these two chumps:

I have no problem with Gal but I will say nobody said anything about Bale because he was huge in Begins,
People talked about his TDK build all the time however.
TDK build even hurt the suit design, looked far better with a bigger build in TDKR.

People shat on Keaton as well.
Last edited by Razgriz-Specter; 09-24-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Wingfan19
Member
(09-24-2017, 03:07 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
Mamoa just posted to his Instagram a pic of him cutting off his hair... guess they’re done shooting.
Kenzodielocke
Member
(09-24-2017, 03:18 PM)
Kenzodielocke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

Mamoa just posted to his Instagram a pic of him cutting off his hair... guess they’re done shooting.

Or they are starting :O
Leo_Sagittarius
Member
(09-24-2017, 06:09 PM)
Leo_Sagittarius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

Thanks guys. Shits hard

Time will heal everything. Keep going strong Ash, and drop by the discord channel anytime, we're all crazy there.
BlackGoku03
Member
(09-25-2017, 03:56 AM)
BlackGoku03's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

Thanks guys. Shits hard

Sorry man. I know how it is.

It'll be easier over time.
Ashhong
Member
(09-25-2017, 04:06 AM)
Ashhong's Avatar
She came and just got her stuff and it's probably the last time I'll see her. Now is when the real pain starts. It shouldn't be a normal thing to lose someone you've been with for 5 years of your life. Your other half. Also I'm very high so I might be speaking gibberish.

Any new updates on the whole fake or real leaks?

And thanks for the support guys <3 I'll probably hop on discord soon if I remember
IconGrist
Member
(09-25-2017, 04:23 AM)
IconGrist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ashhong

She came and just got her stuff and it's probably the last time I'll see her. Now is when the real pain starts. It shouldn't be a normal thing to lose someone you've been with for 5 years of your life. Your other half. Also I'm very high so I might be speaking gibberish.

Any new updates on the whole fake or real leaks?

And thanks for the support guys <3 I'll probably hop on discord soon if I remember

All fake.
jrush64
Member
(09-25-2017, 04:29 AM)
jrush64's Avatar

Originally Posted by IconGrist

All fake.

Has is been confirmed it's really fake?
IconGrist
Member
(09-25-2017, 04:37 AM)
IconGrist's Avatar

Originally Posted by jrush64

Has is been confirmed it's really fake?

Like 3 times over. One thing I will say about the DCEU Leaks crew is that they will obsess over proving something real or fake. Then SHH got in on it too. Then there was the fact he was promoting himself on Twitter (usually the biggest red flag of all). If he had anything worthwhile WB would have gone after his account like they did with several other people who actually did see the screening. They never touched him. People who actually went just said they liked the movie and WB shut their shit down, lol.
Ashhong
Member
(09-25-2017, 05:13 AM)
Ashhong's Avatar
Damn. Why havent any legit leaks come? Must have been a small screening
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(09-25-2017, 06:49 AM)
ReiGun's Avatar
Brehs, the movie is out in about 7 weeks. You can wait to see it yourselves instead of watching for leaks.
Ashhong
Member
(09-25-2017, 07:16 AM)
Ashhong's Avatar

Originally Posted by ReiGun

Brehs, the movie is out in about 7 weeks. You can wait to see it yourselves instead of watching for leaks.

Nahhhhh I need it now!
SJRB
Member
(09-25-2017, 02:45 PM)
SJRB's Avatar
...so they seriously did nothing cool for Batman Day?

wtf
Ahasverus
Member
(09-25-2017, 02:47 PM)
Ahasverus's Avatar

Originally Posted by ReiGun

Brehs, the movie is out in about 7 weeks. You can wait to see it yourselves instead of watching for leaks.

That's what worries me, 7 weeks and still testing cuts? Come on.
strafer
member
(09-25-2017, 02:48 PM)
strafer's Avatar
7 weeks is really short.
Penguin
(09-25-2017, 02:52 PM)
Penguin's Avatar

Originally Posted by IconGrist

Like 3 times over. One thing I will say about the DCEU Leaks crew is that they will obsess over proving something real or fake. Then SHH got in on it too. Then there was the fact he was promoting himself on Twitter (usually the biggest red flag of all). If he had anything worthwhile WB would have gone after his account like they did with several other people who actually did see the screening. They never touched him. People who actually went just said they liked the movie and WB shut their shit down, lol.

Hmm I would be cautious of that because watch dogs may not want something to be true and just poke holes as much as possible until they can claim victory. We shall see.

Oh IDEA!

We should set up some time to check out
Justice League War and New Frontier

both "origins" and both available for free on CW Seed

http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-league-war/
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-...-new-frontier/
Last edited by Penguin; 09-25-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Kenzodielocke
Member
(09-25-2017, 03:15 PM)
Kenzodielocke's Avatar
New JL trailer with BR2049? Would make sense.
Penguin
(09-25-2017, 03:26 PM)
Penguin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kenzodielocke

New JL trailer with BR2049? Would make sense.

Makes sense since rumor has been would debut during NYCC weekend as well...
Wingfan19
Member
(09-25-2017, 06:16 PM)
Wingfan19's Avatar
Yeah, I'd bet it'll be attached to that as well. Hope they don't show Superman, show restraint WB.
Poodlestrike
Member
(09-25-2017, 07:00 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Penguin

Hmm I would be cautious of that because watch dogs may not want something to be true and just poke holes as much as possible until they can claim victory. We shall see.

Oh IDEA!

We should set up some time to check out
Justice League War and New Frontier

both "origins" and both available for free on CW Seed

http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-league-war/
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-...-new-frontier/

I know that "not like the books!" viewers are the most annoying viewers ever but New Frontier does an active disservice to the really, REALLY great comics and I'd dissuade anyone from watching it.

Thread Tools