• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

kurahador
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:50 PM)
kurahador's Avatar
Gendry is basically DLC character. Hope him and Hound survived and meet Arya in the future.
NYR
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:50 PM)
NYR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Erebus

Any idea on what the scroll that Arya found was saying?

Not really a spoiler as it happened in Season 1, but will spoiler it as it wasn't fully shown and to be safe:

It's the scroll from Season 1 that Cersei asked Sansa to write to her mom and Rob to try to spare Ned, asking her mom and Rob to bend the knee to Joffery. The point of the scroll is so Little Finger can make Ayra turn on Sansa, as it shows Sansa is not loyal..

Here is the scene from Season 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bkb6tedTRs
HvySky
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:51 PM)
HvySky's Avatar

Originally Posted by redfox088

Originally Posted by in first OT...
-This new idea floating around is very interesting. I'm seeing folks say what if the White Walker threat was resolved this season, and dwindles the Dany/Jon forces to the point that the Cercei/Euron actually has the upper hand in season 8? The political conflicts is the crux of the show and the series should end with Human/Human as the core plot element. 80% of the series has been about the Great Game. It should end on that note. And it would be an excusable reason to allow cersei and Jaime to persist to the end instead of "Muh Plot Armuh".
Despite it being pure conjecture I'll be sticking to this theory for now. The developments of last nights episode only make it more plausible.

The White Walkers have been the endgame since the first scene of the first episode. No way the show offs them in the span of two episodes in the penultimate season.
pablito
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:51 PM)
pablito's Avatar

Originally Posted by nubbe

the hound don't do oaths vows and shit like that
but he was a kings guard

King's guard is all of expectations of an oath even if they don't specifically say words (Brienne to Renly for example). No inheritance, for life, all that shit.
FeD.nL
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:53 PM)
FeD.nL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cooter

How did I miss Job being a Targ? When did it say who his mom was? I remember the child birth scene but nothing specific about her heritage.

S06E10 they reveal Lyanna is his mom and if Rhaegar isn't his dad colour me very surprised. Especially after this episode.
Nameless
(08-14-2017, 05:53 PM)
Nameless's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teletraan1

When you only have 7 episode seasons complaining that they cut out 3 episodes worth of character building 7 seasons in seems like the go to internet reaction. It's just the usual noise from the "Bad pacing" brigade that shows up in every single OT for every single show that has ever aired an episode. I dare anyone to find an OT that doesn't have someone complain about pacing even when it isn't even really a problem. It has been more jarring this season because they usually would weave in tangential story bits with characters either in a far off place or on their way somewhere but most of the pieces are in place and we know all the characters and they really don't have time to waste if they want to finish the overall story. They still have a few of these tangential story bits, just not enough to cover all of the travel that these characters have to do.

In an ideal world every season would have been 13 episodes if they really wanted to try and cover everything in the books(guess what, the pacing would have been worse but at least try and cover all the source material). Oh and the books would have been finished in this ideal world as well.

Good post. Spot on.
Wollan
The reason why I will never ever be banned.
(08-14-2017, 05:55 PM)
Wollan's Avatar
Yet another fantastic episode in season 7.
televator
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:57 PM)
televator's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cooter

How did I miss Job being a Targ? When did it say who his mom was? I remember the child birth scene but nothing specific about her heritage.

Did you sleep on Bran's flashbacks? It set the whole thing up. Prince Rhaegar Targeryen took Lyanna to the tower where she gave birth to his new baby boy, Jon. He left the greatest swordsman that ever lived to defend them both, while he went to face young Robbert Baratheon on the battlefield and was killed by Robbert in 1v1. Lyanna died in what looked like the aftermath of a C section operation in birthing Jon.

It was also revealed in this last episode that Rhaegar secretly married Lyanna. Which means Jon is no bastard, but the legitimate heir to the iron throne.
The Maverick
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:57 PM)
The Maverick's Avatar
I'm sad we'll never get DanyJon. Or we still could, in a Lannister way. I also don't believe Cersei is pregnant.
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(08-14-2017, 05:57 PM)

Originally Posted by FeD.nL

No way Jorah dies. There is bound to be some payoff between Sam fixing his dragonscale and Sam going to find out Jon is a Targ and telling Jon/Dany.

The other 3 though, probably. Though a Gendry/Arya reunion might also be in the cards.

He got to token coin of death from Tyrion, dude is 100% a goner
zeemumu
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:58 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

Gendry is basically DLC character. Hope him and Hound survived and meet Arya in the future.

If you scan the Gendry Amiibo you get the oar weapon skin
SurrenderDorothy
Banned
(08-14-2017, 05:58 PM)
Was slightly disappointed when I saw Gendry's hammer.

I appreciate the Stag but it looks a bit..toyish?
FStubbs
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by The Maverick

I'm sad we'll never get DanyJon. Or we still could, in a Lannister way. I also don't believe Cersei is pregnant.

I think only Jaime is fooled.

There's a small chance it's Euron's. I mean, Euron bragged about the size of his phallus but I doubt it can stretch all the way from Casterly Rock.
SargerusBR
I love Pokken!
(08-14-2017, 06:00 PM)
SargerusBR's Avatar

Originally Posted by SurrenderDorothy

Was slightly disappointed when I saw Gendry's hammer.

I appreciate the Stag but it looks a bit..toyish?

Tell that to him
Hydrus
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:00 PM)
Hydrus's Avatar
You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

Originally Posted by FStubbs


There's a small chance it's Euron's.

You think Cersei would sleep with, much less get impregnated by, a Greyjoy?
Valus
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:02 PM)
Valus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydrus

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

She's immune to fire and can control dragons. Think anyone can do that?
FStubbs
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrus

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

There's literally no way that is true unless Rhaella Targaryen did some weird time travel thing to Old Valyria and stole a dragonmaster baby.

Originally Posted by NintendosBooger

You think Cersei would sleep with, much less get impregnated by, a Greyjoy?

There's a small chance and I mentioned why lol
BannedEpisode
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:02 PM)
BannedEpisode's Avatar
They are royalty in a fantasy medieval setting.

Nephew/Aunt isn't anything more freaky than what real life royal marriages were.
Loke13
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:02 PM)
Loke13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydrus

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

Then whose daughter would she be? And what purpose would it serve to have her not be a true Targaryen despite the fact that she you known can control dragons and is fireproof which is pretty hard evidence that she is a Targaryen
Valar Morghulis
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:02 PM)
Valar Morghulis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydrus

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

Viserys was an asshole, and planned to be king, not for her to be queen.

He would have known and would have constantly rubbed it in her face.
NYR
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:04 PM)
NYR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydrus

You know, everyone is tripping out about Dany being Jons aunt, but what if she isnt? What if she was adopted or not Mad king's daughter?

Vincent Alexander
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:05 PM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar
Glad I wasn't only one thinking Cersei isn't pregnant. But the question I asked, if she isn't, is what is going on with her? My only guess is she is sick/dying. Who knows though.

Prophecy said she would have 3 children. She already had 3 and rest of prophecy has come true, so yeah. Bullshit on her pregnancy.
Malvolio
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:06 PM)
Malvolio's Avatar
Gendry = Laettner 2.0
kurahador
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:08 PM)
kurahador's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Glad I wasn't only one thinking Cersei isn't pregnant. But the question I asked, if she isn't, is what is going on with her? My only guess is she is sick/dying. Who knows though.

Cancer?
Haribi
Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
(08-14-2017, 06:09 PM)
Haribi's Avatar
I hope Sam's wife (what was her name again?) took that book with her so that there is legitimite proof to Jon being the heir to the throne.
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(08-14-2017, 06:09 PM)
Cooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by FeD.nL

S06E10 they reveal Lyanna is his mom and if Rhaegar isn't his dad colour me very surprised. Especially after this episode.

Thanks. So Jon wants to bang his aunt? lol
Chained Prometheus
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:10 PM)
Chained Prometheus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Glad I wasn't only one thinking Cersei isn't pregnant. But the question I asked, if she isn't, is what is going on with her? My only guess is she is sick/dying. Who knows though.

Prophecy said she would have 3 children. She already had 3 and rest of prophecy has come true, so yeah. Bullshit on her pregnancy.

Unless she is pregnant and either has a miscarriage or dies before she can actually give birth. That'd still align with the prophecy and the former option would probably be the final push that leads Cersei into total madness.

But yeah, I can definitely believe that she's just making it up to keep stringing Jamie along.
Vincent Alexander
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:10 PM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar

Originally Posted by kurahador

Cancer?

Possibly. Would be fitting if she had ovarian cancer so she couldn't have any more kids. Would be the ultimate final stab in the gut for her character arx.

My only other guess, which would be silly, is that the poison she put on lips is killing her. Maybe antidote didn't completely work?

And what is posted above...good point too. Could have miscarriage.
Aikidoka
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:11 PM)
Aikidoka's Avatar
I'd like to think Arya is going to be clever against LF but after her daytime trip in Braavos she may just be dumb.
JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.
(08-14-2017, 06:12 PM)
So they are going on a mission to capture a white and convince Cersei to fight the army of the dead? For real that's their plan?
Valar Morghulis
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:12 PM)
Valar Morghulis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Glad I wasn't only one thinking Cersei isn't pregnant. But the question I asked, if she isn't, is what is going on with her? My only guess is she is sick/dying. Who knows though.

Prophecy said she would have 3 children. She already had 3 and rest of prophecy has come true, so yeah. Bullshit on her pregnancy.

Dany gave birth to a stillborn, monster with wings like a bat and scaly skin.

Meli gave birth to a shadow demon.

Qyburn seems to fuck around with the dark arts, maybe she's not exactly pregnant with a child in the traditional, or normal sense. If it's not a real child, prophecy doesn't matter. Doubt it, since that would be pretty bizarre at this point but who knows, I definitely ont think she's pregnant with Jaime's child though.
SurrenderDorothy
Banned
(08-14-2017, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by SargerusBR

Tell that to him

Lol, it's certainly effective. He'll smash those wights so hard they'll shatter.

Just think the hammer looked a little better.
jmood88
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:14 PM)
jmood88's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teletraan1

When you only have 7 episode seasons complaining that they cut out 3 episodes worth of character building 7 seasons in seems like the go to internet reaction. It's just the usual noise from the "Bad pacing" brigade that shows up in every single OT for every single show that has ever aired an episode. I dare anyone to find an OT that doesn't have someone complain about pacing even when it isn't even really a problem. It has been more jarring this season because they usually would weave in tangential story bits with characters either in a far off place or on their way somewhere but most of the pieces are in place and we know all the characters and they really don't have time to waste if they want to finish the overall story. They still have a few of these tangential story bits, just not enough to cover all of the travel that these characters have to do.

In an ideal world every season would have been 13 episodes if they really wanted to try and cover everything in the books(guess what, the pacing would have been worse but at least try and cover all the source material). Oh and the books would have been finished in this ideal world as well.

"Pacing" has just become yet another catch-all term for whatever people don't like.
UrbanRats
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by NYR

Not really a spoiler as it happened in Season 1, but will spoiler it as it wasn't fully shown and to be safe:

It's the scroll from Season 1 that Cersei asked Sansa to write to her mom and Rob to try to spare Ned, asking her mom and Rob to bend the knee to Joffery. The point of the scroll is so Little Finger can make Ayra turn on Sansa, as it shows Sansa is not loyal..

Here is the scene from Season 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bkb6tedTRs

That may be the dumbest plan yet.
Why would Arya turn on her, even though that letter was obviously coerced out of Sansa? A dumb character would get this, but Arya is even supposed to be relatively smart.
Chained Prometheus
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:18 PM)
Chained Prometheus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Possibly. Would be fitting if she had ovarian cancer so she couldn't have any more kids. Would be the ultimate final stab in the gut for her character arx.

My only other guess, which would be silly, is that the poison she put on lips is killing her. Maybe antidote didn't completely work?

And what is posted above...good point too. Could have miscarriage.

Ovarian cancer definitely sounds like a plausible option too. It'd certainly be poetic.

I just feel like something is going to happen that leads to Cersei going full Mad Queen on everyone and forces Jamie's hand in becoming a Queenslayer. Her having a miscarriage or learning that she can't actually have any more children due to ovarian cancer would definitely fit the bill.
SurrenderDorothy
Banned
(08-14-2017, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by jmood88

"Pacing" has just become yet another catch-all term for whatever people don't like.

Similar to "I don't like this so it's bad writing".
Valar Morghulis
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:19 PM)
Valar Morghulis's Avatar

Originally Posted by JB1981

So they are going on a mission to capture a white and convince Cersei to fight the army of the dead? For real that's their plan?

Not just Cersei, but the South.

Like it or not, this isn't going to end with everyone's favorites/morally good characters vs. White Walkers.

It's going to be everyone, both good and bad vs. the WW's. As it should be.

Originally Posted by jmood88

"Pacing" and the complaints about it has just become yet another catch-all term for whatever people don't like.

Yeah, and the complaint usually go hand in hand with the words "It's just bad writing".
Sickness702
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:19 PM)
Sickness702's Avatar
OMG!!!!! I know what Bran will do!!!!!!

Bran will open a portal to let Rick Grimes and crew in to save the day from the Walkers.....
Hydrus
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:19 PM)
Hydrus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valus

She's immune to fire and can control dragons. Think anyone can do that?

Valyrians? Targaryens were a family, was it not?

Originally Posted by Loke13

Then whose daughter would she be? And what purpose would it serve to have her not be a true Targaryen despite the fact that she you known can control dragons and is fireproof which is pretty hard evidence that she is a Targaryen

Maybe Madkings wife cheated on him?
-griffy-
Banned
(08-14-2017, 06:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Sickness702

OMG!!!!! I know what Bran will do!!!!!!

Bran will open a portal to let Rick Grimes and crew in to save the day from the Walkers.....

Pfft I'll take our dream team at the end of episode 5 over those posers any day of the week.
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(08-14-2017, 06:21 PM)
Lashley's Avatar
Solid episode. Next week's looks fantastic!
Chained Prometheus
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:23 PM)
Chained Prometheus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sickness702

OMG!!!!! I know what Bran will do!!!!!!

Bran will open a portal to let Rick Grimes and crew in to save the day from the Walkers.....

Oh please...

If Bran wanted to actually get shit done, he'd open a portal to let Rick Sanchez in to fix the whole White Walker mess. *wink wink*

But yeah, our Dream Team is a perfectly fine line-up for next week anyway.
Vincent Alexander
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:25 PM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chained Prometheus

Oh please...

If Bran wanted to actually get shit done, he'd open a portal to let Rick Sanchez in to fix the whole White Walker mess. *wink wink*

But yeah, our Dream Team is a perfectly fine line-up for next week anyway.

There is really only one man you call when you want to keep unwanted things on the other side of a wall. He might be a little racist. A little sexist. But he'll get the job done never.
SurrenderDorothy
Banned
(08-14-2017, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrus

Valyrians? Targaryens were a family, was it not?

Dany is special in this regard, Targaryens have burned before in history.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(08-14-2017, 06:27 PM)
I really want to see some undead animals next episode.

Techincally they can bring back everything to life, no?
witness
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:29 PM)
witness's Avatar
Goddamn I'm excited for the Westeros Avengers next week. Worried about the body count though...
Ocarina_117
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:31 PM)
Ocarina_117's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hydrus

Valyrians? Targaryens were a family, was it not?



Maybe Madkings wife cheated on him?

Man you know none of this will be true. She's as targy as a targaryen gets.
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(08-14-2017, 06:31 PM)
Lashley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kenzodielocke

I really want to see some undead animals next episode.

Techincally they can bring back everything to life, no?

Well, they have undead horses
Sephzilla
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:32 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by witness

Goddamn I'm excited for the Westeros Avengers next week. Worried about the body count though...

Yeah I'm wondering who isn't making it back from this trek north

Thread Tools