• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

ElNarez
Banned
(09-01-2017, 09:09 PM)
Every Story Is A Publicity Stunt Where Characters Act Contrary To How They Have Been Written And Sometimes Take Extremely Unfortunate Political Positions That We Are Leaving Unadressed Out Of Cowardice Mostly
VanWinkle
Member
(09-01-2017, 09:15 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

This is now the official tagline for Marvel Legacy:

I can't believe they are using that. Like, it's VERY tone deaf. People don't look at events that positively.
caliph95
Member
(09-01-2017, 09:20 PM)
caliph95's Avatar
Marvel Legacy: Every issue feels like a new volume
Wanderer5
Member
(09-01-2017, 09:36 PM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

This is now the official tagline for Marvel Legacy:

FFS can they just take a break from the word event lol.
mreddie
Member
(09-01-2017, 09:37 PM)
mreddie's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

This is now the official tagline for Marvel Legacy:

Axel is trolling
ElNarez
Banned
(09-01-2017, 09:40 PM)
Marvel Legacy: First As Tragedy, Then As Farce
mreddie
Member
(09-01-2017, 09:52 PM)
mreddie's Avatar
The returning character is...Bruce Banner!

Watch, if they do the obvious, I want to see them lose that market lead and watch them weep.
LordOfLore
Banned
(09-01-2017, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by mreddie

The returning character is...Bruce Banner!

Watch, if they do the obvious, I want to see them lose that market lead and watch them weep.

Did he even disappear after Secret Empire? How did they even bring him back?
BKatastrophe
Member
(09-01-2017, 10:06 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

His variants for Harley continue to be awesome

Next week's one

I really love that variant
Sandfox
Member
(09-01-2017, 10:48 PM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by mreddie

The returning character is...Bruce Banner!

Watch, if they do the obvious, I want to see them lose that market lead and watch them weep.

That's a weird thing to get upset over lol. I'm guessing Wolverine with Hulk being my second choice.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-01-2017, 11:23 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

This is now the official tagline for Marvel Legacy:

*sigh* Marvel pls cancel Gwenpool and Jessica Jones so I can just stop giving you shitfuckers any money at all.
Sandfox
Member
(09-02-2017, 12:40 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar
So the Jean Grey ongoing brought back adult Jean to assist the younger one.

That's one way to top off the first trade lol
El Topo
Member
(09-02-2017, 12:44 AM)
El Topo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

*sigh* Marvel pls cancel Gwenpool and Jessica Jones so I can just stop giving you shitfuckers any money at all.

You're missing out on Dan Slott's Silver Surfer and Squirrel Girl.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 12:44 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

*sigh* Marvel pls cancel Gwenpool and Jessica Jones so I can just stop giving you shitfuckers any money at all.

Marvel have quality titles that you aren't being fair to. But sure, you do you.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 12:51 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by El Topo

You're missing out on Dan Slott's Silver Surfer and Squirrel Girl.

I don't know what it was but I got tired of that one. I love Allred's art but I just dropped off when it came to actually reading the book.

Originally Posted by Messi

Marvel have quality titles that you aren't being fair to. But sure, you do you.

I will. Thanks for your permission, tho.
TheDarkKnight774
Member
(09-02-2017, 12:54 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I don't know what it was but I got tired of that one. I love Allred's art but I just dropped off when it came to actually reading the book.

A lack of a soul. Yup that's my official diagnosis!
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 12:54 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight774

A lack of a soul. Yup that's my official diagnosis!

Not enough scantily clad anime girls
ElNarez
Banned
(09-02-2017, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Sandfox

So the Jean Grey ongoing brought back adult Jean to assist the younger one.

That's one way to top off the first trade lol

I should be psyched because Jean Grey is the emotional core of the X-Men franchise and that's an easy way to build stories but the fact this is basically a non-event when it should be The Most Important Thing To Ever Happen is worrying.
GAMEPROFF
Banned
(09-02-2017, 01:06 AM)
Tomorrow I am going to meet someone who I am very excited to get in touch with am.
Please wish me all the luck there is 🙈
Wanderer5
Member
(09-02-2017, 01:13 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Not enough scantily clad anime girls

Yeah that can make or break.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 01:14 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Not enough scantily clad anime girls

Anime or otherwise, I'm not picky.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-02-2017, 01:47 AM)
Reading the first volume of Uncanny Inhumans got me thinking about Randac and his role in the history of the Marvel Universe.
zeemumu
Member
(09-02-2017, 02:37 AM)
zeemumu's Avatar
Finishing up Secret Empire...I'm not feelin' it. They tried to recreate so many iconic clash moments and just inserted Hydra Cap into them
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(09-02-2017, 02:47 AM)
Malyse's Avatar
I feel like I should make a thread "Gwenpool is the best comic Marvel publishes right now, no really" but I'm like, 80% too lazy to do that.

-----

So, the Vanishing Point explanation was totally bullshit, agreed?
zeemumu
Member
(09-02-2017, 02:51 AM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Malyse

I feel like I should make a thread "Gwenpool is the best comic Marvel publishes right now, no really" but I'm like, 80% too lazy to do that.

-----

So, the Vanishing Point explanation was totally bullshit, agreed?

What, that the vanishing point is what they went through when Cap wiped them out? I'm pretty sure that part was bullshit. There's a single narration bubble that's supposed to be the explanation, right?
Malyse
stop advertising threads
(09-02-2017, 02:53 AM)
Malyse's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

What, that the vanishing point is what they went through when Cap wiped them out? I'm pretty sure that part was bullshit. There's a single narration bubble that's supposed to be the explanation, right?

I understood it as Kobik decided that LOL YOU GET AN ADVENTURE NOW and teleported them off. But if that's the case, why in thee fuck doesn't any of the legacies know what's happening? Save Jane Thor who does not give a fuck.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 02:54 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

I'm pretty sure that part was bullshit. There's a single narration bubble that's supposed to be the explanation, right?

I'm pretty sure it reads "Nick Spencer is a hack." Seems like it explains everything, so what's confusing?
zeemumu
Member
(09-02-2017, 02:57 AM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Malyse

I understood it as Kobik decided that LOL YOU GET AN ADVENTURE NOW and teleported them off. But if that's the case, why in thee fuck doesn't any of the legacies know what's happening? Save Jane Thor who does not give a fuck.

That's pretty much it. that narration bubble mentions that it was her gift to them. Why she'd choose to do that is anyone's guess. Journeys of self-discovery don't seem like something she'd be aware of.
VanWinkle
Member
(09-02-2017, 02:57 AM)
VanWinkle's Avatar
Got New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 1, and Batman Rebirth Deluxe Vol. 1. Both look pretty nice.


mreddie
Member
(09-02-2017, 03:23 AM)
mreddie's Avatar
Kang Dynasty feels like an event but it's not and it's done right

In Axel's era, every book would have had a tie in
Aizo
音楽オタク
(09-02-2017, 03:43 AM)
Aizo's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

Tomorrow I am going to meet someone who I am very excited to get in touch with am.
Please wish me all the luck there is 🙈

Good luck!! I hope it goes well :)
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 04:02 AM)
Messi's Avatar
!

TheDarkKnight774
Member
(09-02-2017, 04:21 AM)
TheDarkKnight774's Avatar

Originally Posted by mreddie

Kang Dynasty feels like an event but it's not and it's done right

In Axel's era, every book would have had a tie in

Favorite Kant story and a great ending arc of the busiek run. Great mega arc finale
Kid Kamikaze10
Member
(09-02-2017, 04:26 AM)
Kid Kamikaze10's Avatar
Trying to back to reading DC, tried Metal but I'm kinda lost.

Which runs would y'all recommend me to read? Doesn't have to just be Metal prep; I'm looking for the best non-Morrison runs since nu52 (I read Batman Inc, FC, Action Comics)
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-02-2017, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10

Trying to back to reading DC, tried Metal but I'm kinda lost.

Which runs would y'all recommend me to read? Doesn't have to just be Metal prep; I'm looking for the best non-Morrison runs since nu52 (I read Batman Inc, FC, Action Comics)

Scott Snyder's Batman and All Star Batman run.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 04:46 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10

Trying to back to reading DC, tried Metal but I'm kinda lost.

Which runs would y'all recommend me to read? Doesn't have to just be Metal prep; I'm looking for the best non-Morrison runs since nu52 (I read Batman Inc, FC, Action Comics)

Batman and Robin by Tomasi and Gleason

Current stuff...

Superman Rebirth by the same team
Detective Comics Rebirth
Green Arrow Rebirth
VeeP
Member
(09-02-2017, 04:55 AM)
VeeP's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10

Trying to back to reading DC, tried Metal but I'm kinda lost.

Which runs would y'all recommend me to read? Doesn't have to just be Metal prep; I'm looking for the best non-Morrison runs since nu52 (I read Batman Inc, FC, Action Comics)

Batman: The Black Mirror & Snyder's New52 Batman run - Batman #0 is pretty solid as well, I'd say give it a read.

New52 Grayson & DC Rebirth Nightwing after
DC Rebirth Red Hood & The Outlaws
DC Rebirth Superman & Action Comics
New52 I, Vampire
DC Rebirth Detective Comics

The later issues of Geoff Johns Justice League run were pretty solid I thought. Not the best, but great artwork, a lot of action, etc.

Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal are alright.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 05:00 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

!

Umm.... that may not be assembled correctly.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 05:22 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Umm.... that may not be assembled correctly.

Pretty sure I used everything in the box m8
LordOfLore
Banned
(09-02-2017, 06:04 AM)
BC: Look For A Return To The Hydra Universe Of Secret Empire In The Future

Secret Empire writer Nick Spencer said “Hopefully one day we get the chance to go back and show a little more of that.”

While Marvel EIC Axel Alonso added “It did occur to me there might be some stories to tell. I’m yet to receive a pitch but I’m open to it – there may be more metaphors to be found.”

mreddie
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:07 AM)
mreddie's Avatar
Just do a What If you hacks.s
Sandfox
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:08 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

BC: Look For A Return To The Hydra Universe Of Secret Empire In The Future

That's such a clickbait title for what is ultimately a nothing article.
Freezasaurus
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:09 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

That's such a clickbait title for what is ultimately a nothing article.

I didn't click it because no one wants that anyway. Pls get back in touch with your fans, Marvel.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:09 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

BC: Look For A Return To The Hydra Universe Of Secret Empire In The Future

ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-02-2017, 06:10 AM)
Why on earth does Bleeding Cool have articles about wrestling and American football?
Sandfox
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:12 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

I didn't click it because no one wants that anyway. Pls get back in touch with your fans, Marvel.

Alonso literally says that they have nothing in the works and have gotten zero pitches, which leads BC to write an article saying to expect more because they want clicks.
ShadowSwordmaster
Banned
(09-02-2017, 06:13 AM)

Originally Posted by Sandfox

Alonso literally says that they have nothing in the works and have gotten zero pitches, which leads BC to write an article saying to expect more because they want clicks.

Fuck Bleeding Cool for doing stuff like this.
Messi
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:15 AM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

Why on earth does Bleeding Cool have articles about wrestling and American football?

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

Fuck Bleeding Cool for doing stuff like this.

Fuck Bleeding Cool would suffice. They aren't liked around here especially Rich.
LordOfLore
Banned
(09-02-2017, 06:18 AM)
Unfinished page from the Gotham Resistance:

mreddie
Member
(09-02-2017, 06:25 AM)
mreddie's Avatar
I still remember Rich asking for a GAF account

Thread Tools